Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Oh, I'm hoping that's the route they do go with this, that MJ essentially tells Tony he's "not her type" or "I've already had enough experience in dating superheroes" or what have you. But even so, it still sends the message that Iron Man can't become a "flagship character" without borrowing characters and concepts from their traditional flagship character, Spider-Man. Not to mention, and I admit I'm being a bit presumptuous here, but it also makes it seem like Mary Jane is taking the place of Pepper Pots, right down the fact they're both redheads to boot.
    That and Peper left Tony because of his own "Superior" ego was getting out of hand. Which now makes you wonder if that will be recalled when Secret Wars ends ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Interesting... Wonder what her role will be. Hopefully not sleeping with Tony.
    Yep.

Dat Marquez art tho. <3

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Oh, I'm hoping that's the route they do go with this, that MJ essentially tells Tony he's "not her type" or "I've already had enough experience in dating superheroes" or what have you. But even so, it still sends the message that Iron Man can't become a "flagship character" without borrowing characters and concepts from their traditional flagship character, Spider-Man.
    Let's be honest, his series has been rebooted multiple times even after the MCU movies came out.
    Iron Man's set-up isn't as entertaining as Marvel wants it to be.

Not to mention, and I admit I'm being a bit presumptuous here, but it also makes it seem like Mary Jane is taking the place of Pepper Pots, right down the fact they're both redheads to boot.
    I thought that too, but then in that dynamic there's also romantic tension.
    In Tony's history he's never had a female friend who wasn't a hero and it didn't go further than friendship.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-11-2015 at 02:23 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    I said it earlier in the thread but in one of the issues of Invincible Iron Man (issue I'm referring to occurred between 2008-2010) Stark remembers Peter working for him, having potential and stuff, and then leaving for no apparent reason. Like he even remembered giving Peter and his family a place to stay for a bit.

Pretty much the story arc revolved around Tony trying to figure out the mystery of Peter Parker and ultimately giving up.
    And a heads up for everyone else is that Stark doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man.

EDIT: It was Invincible Iron Man 500, which occurred in 2011.

With Parker Industries going places Post Secret Wars, Tony using MJ as insiders information makes this more SICK AND TWISTED, given Tony's a business man trying to reclaim his company image.

Mighty Member

As someone who doesn't read Bendis, I'm okay with this. I used to like Mary Jane, but ever since OMD, I can't help but associate her with vitriolic internet bitching. Whenever I see her, it's like Pavlov ringing a bell -- my mind is filled with people who think a cartoon devil "scarred their souls," and I end up just wanting her to go away so I can enjoy my Spidey comic and not think about the crazy state of fandom.

So yeah, thanks Brian. Hope you survive the experience!
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Not as beautiful as Mayday and Benjy.
    Or Annie. Don't forget Annie Parker, that is NOT an orphan.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I love it when characters that are associated with one franchise become regulars in ones outside their norm. We need more of this (i.e. make Rachel Grey an Avenger).

Well this is from the guy who made Wolverine an Avenger and Kitty Pryde a GotG... but I'm still pissed with him for UXM#600.

BANNED

If anything all "Renew your vows" did for marvel was them now being able to say we gave PP a happy ending with MJ. However SW ends you now have an Alt. reality PP who is happily married with a child + MJ so quit your whining.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    MJ is just Rick Jonesing now.
    That would be awesome. Mary Jane Watson, swinging around the Marvel Universe, teaming up with various superheroes and surviving them all with wit, ingenuity, determination, and a helpful dose of "already seen this s*** before."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I love it when characters that are associated with one franchise become regulars in ones outside their norm. We need more of this (i.e. make Rachel Grey an Avenger).

Well this is from the guy who made Wolverine an Avenger and Kitty Pryde a GotG... but I'm still pissed with him for UXM#600.
    When's that coming out, by the way? Next month? Or are we getting another delay?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I have no idea where the story is going.

But I wouldn't be opposed to Iron Man & MJ hooking up. One of the advantages of One More Day was that it allows Marvel to tell the stories that can only be done when MJ is not in a relationship without Peter Parker, so if Bendis wants to explore that, I have no problem with it.

I do like MJ as a character, so I don't mind her popping up in books.
    I'd try to rephrase what you suggested so I can list the other advantage, but you actually summed it up right there. All One More Day did was allow Marvel to pair Peter and Mary Jane up with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I've been a fan of Bendis since Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (and maybe even Powers) so I've followed what he's said on his blog and various interviews.

For what it's worth, he does seem to be the most pro spider-marriage of the Marvel higherups.
    Which is why I'm hopeful that he's not pairing up Mary Jane with Peter. Or, in other words: Taking actually doing anything with the supposed "advantage" of One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    What if MJ's there as a part of Tony's search for his bio parents and they end up being related?
    One of my favorite takes people have on Tony and Mary Jane's relationship is that Tony acts like a father figure to her. I don't know if they're far enough apart in age that they'd literally have him be her father, but it might be fun if it turned out that he was her older brother or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Or Annie. Don't forget Annie Parker, that is NOT an orphan.
    I didn't forget about her, I just don't care about her.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-11-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Just don't let Tony and her hook up. I don't think I could handle that
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

BMB will tease the hooking up.

If she has an interesting or significant role in this series and is well-written I might pick up the Iron Man book in trades.
    I do miss my MJ and I wanna support her, even if I'd prefer her to be in a Spidey book. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    When's that coming out, by the way? Next month? Or are we getting another delay?
    Apparently #600 has been delayed to like November.

Maybe ,and this is really stretching it, but the fall out from Superior IM and his deals with the Illuminati have left stark black listed and out of business and mj is sort of a corporate spy for Parker industries, just to make sure hes not building something like the extremis app

I mean when you think about it is there any real reason mj would work for stark, her best friends business rival.The only real connection they have is spider-man, so that brings me to 2 other scenarios

She's maybe the face of of Tony's new company, she was a supermodel so maybe he's developing new protective suits and advertising them Or she's a spy for pete. Of course there's the 3rd sensation that something really messed up happened between her and Peter and this is revenge. Just my 2 cents. Still excited to see mj break away and get some spotlight .
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/