Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

I seem to recall Snyder previously saying that he had this idea that Year One was still canon when the New 52 began, but quickly realized that it couldn't be, which is why he began working on Zero Year as a new origin tale. One of the major problems with it would be the climax where Jim's infant son is kidnapped. This was still (somewhat) fine pre-52 if you consider that Batman must have been around something like 15-20 years. This nicely spaced out the DCU, allowed for all events, explained how Batman could have 5 different protégés using the monicker "Robin" and a 10 year old son. And of course this allowed for Jim's son to grow into the disturbed teenager seen in Snyder's final 'Tec story.

The condescension of the DCU makes a lot of what happened in the 15-20 year period unfeasable. I'm still in disbelief that 4 boys have all taken the name "Robin" in that time. They had only a year to the name each? I'll accept that Damian was artificially aged, but why only to 10 years? I doubt Knightfall happened, and even if it had, Jean-Paul Valley never took the cowel or became Azrael. Somehow, there is a Batman Incorporated featuring so many Batman based heroes across the globe. Sure. Final Crisis couldn't have happened so how did Batman die? Whatever, don't think too hard on it. It's all just Superboy punching everything.
    Last edited by davewire; 09-11-2015 at 08:19 PM.