Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Red Hood/Arsenal #4 Preview/Discussion

Red Hood /Arsenal #4

Source: Comicosity

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...hoodarsenal-4/

Summary: The boys battle Batman! Red Hood and Arsenal are taking their vigilante business to Gotham City, whether the new Dark Knight likes it or not—and they’re about to skip the introductions and get right to fighting!
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Take it from me, death can be fleeting
    end of spoilers

~snorts~ That said, i am very concerned for Jason's arm in that panel.
    Last edited by HellHere; 09-04-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Oh man, this looks soo good. I can't wait to see get this issue on my hands!!!

And really, Medri's art just keeps getting better and better.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not going to spoil it for myself by looking at the preview but I'm still really looking forward to the issue. This book has been non-stop fun since it started.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

https://instagram.com/p/7YANIoOUJp/

First time I see DC hyping this book, nice

Hugely impressed by this issue. Despite having GordoBats on the cover, he was a relatively minor element on the plot and was used effectively by Lobdell, creating a great fight scene and setting things for the next issue. The best part of the issue though, were the scenes dealing with the boys' pasts. Roy's in particular was a pleasant surprise since it confirmed his past with Croc is still canon, despite recent stories giving the impression this wasn't the case anymore. Is also prety encouraging to see Lobdell introducing a chidlhood friend of Jason specially if she's filling a similar role to Isabel.

Medri and Blond make a hell of a team and this issue is without a doubt the best looking so far. In a perfect world Blond would take coloring duties from now on because damn, Horie's good but far from being at Blond's level. I mean, just look at this beauties

http://imgur.com/lPiKUXe

http://imgur.com/P77bUk8

http://imgur.com/BZ7nHvF

In any case, I'm really looking forward for the next issue. By the way, I'm almost sure that the mysterious friend hinted on the solicits isn't Dick, is Bruce.

Saw some panels posted and Jason had some ugly hybrid between Dick's Robin and his own, they even copied the arrow in the crotch. Why?
    Dick's suit is terrible.

My guess is that has something to do with Dick having Jason's suit on Titan's Hunt for some incomprehesible reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    My guess is that has something to do with Dick having Jason's suit on Titan's Hunt for some incomprehesible reason.
    I makes no sense change either when they are lauching weekly with Dick using his ugly uniform. It is such a shame, Jason's suit was nice, Damian and Helena I like a lot but Jason is was pretty good too, they jus made it more ugly and unconfortable looking. And more difficult to differentiate Dick from Jason.

Ok this is it, it's time to give up. This book is just horrible in my opinion and it looks like it won't get better. I'll just hope for a Jason solo.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Ok this is it, it's time to give up. This book is just horrible in my opinion and it looks like it won't get better. I'll just hope for a Jason solo.
    What it makes it so bad if I may ask?

I really liked this issue. From Jason's talk with an old friend from his street days, confirmation that he used to go to Lucious Fox center (I had theory he had, but this confirms it), Jason's flashback to his Robin days (I always love seeing Jason as Robin since we have so little info on it), Roy's talk with Killer Croc and even the confrontation with BatGordon.

I wonder if Jason is gonna visit the Center in the next issue and find Bruce. I just hope he doesn't end up too hurt with his amnesia.

PS: Jason confirming that he held back while fighting Bruce and that he sorta wanted to be asked if they were gonna have a new Batman. That put a smile on my face, even though I disliked Battle for the Cowl.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 09-09-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Incredible Member

The art and colours (ok, not so much the characters) were really nice this issue - the rainy ground detail with the motorbike and when Robobunny tries to arrest them in particular. It felt like it was just getting going when it finished though.

ETA: I'm still laughing at that Batman in disguise line.
    Last edited by HellHere; 09-09-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

This was startlingly good.

Jason having a backstory and the intimation that as flawed as he is, he can be a success story? Nailed.
    Roy having some issues and the visit with Killer Croc that couldn't be timed better based on Croc's present status quo? Nailed.
    Implications, intimations, and winks about chronological history as Jason deals with dead Batmen, replacement Batmen, and muses about his years as Robin? Nailed, actually.
    A flashback to an early 1980s type Super-Villain team-up, a point in their history when that sort of thing still happened even as Joker's getting increasingly murdery? Quite nice. (Feels like a sort of "All My Enemies Against Me" sort of thing.)
    Jim Gordon being pretty aware of who Red Hood is and not wanting him around, and how that tracks very well with Under the Hood and Revenge of the Red Hood? Pretty great.

Seriously this was good. We could now use an actual meet-up between Jason and Croc, since Croc's villainy debut notably happened when Jason was Robin and they've got history.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 09-09-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

Man, what the hell? I have generally not enjoyed Lobdell's Red Hood titles, but... this was like, actually kinda good. The only problems I have are Jason's dialog at times being a bit too juvenile, and I'm still not sold on the idea of Jason being a killer. But other than that, Lobdell actually has a decent handle on Jason's character, and I especially liked that bit during Death of the Family where he was going to go back to the Batcave and warn everyone about Joker despite noting that the Bat-family wouldn't do the same for him. So true.

Maybe it just seems better without Starfire around. Linking Starfire and Jason is one of the worst things DC has ever done, especially the ungodly abomination that is post-Flashpoint Kory.

EDIT: Well, thanks to Batman #44 we know that Killer Croc was around before Dick became Robin, and I think some issue of Secret Origins mentions him existing before Jason becomes Robin as well. This is kind of a missed opportunity, because yeah, there aren't exactly a lot of Jason-era villains these days and Killer Croc fits that mold nicely.
    Last edited by PurpleGlovez; 09-09-2015 at 04:36 PM.