Super Moderator

Default POLL: What Do You Think of Hawkgirl and Hawkman's "Legends of Tomorrow" Costumes?

Do you think The CW's take on DC Comics' winged heroes looks like they're ready to take flight on television?

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Do you think The CW's take on DC Comics' winged heroes looks like they're ready to take flight on television?

Full article here.
    Hawkgirl as expected looks great, it seemed obvious they had the right girl from the get-go.

Hawkman looks a bit small, and the costume isn't working on him so much.

Owl-man and Owl-woman look pretty good. The dark leather really brings their better costumes to life.
    It'll be interesting to see how they pull the former Global Guardian member and Crime Syndicate member together.

Oh... wait...
    Hawkman and Hawkwoman....?
    Um... yeah... it looks good.
    Might want to hand Hawkman some weights, though, unless that's Golden Eagle posing the suit for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Owl-man and Owl-woman look pretty good.
    Cause the Owl-men (be it Syndicate or Watchmen(film) got nothing from Hawgirl's design.

Also bright green, yellow and red are to much.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-11-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Hawkgirl looks awesome .

Hawkman could stand to bulk up a little...

Yeah, I'm sort of getting the feeling that Hawkman is going to overshadow Hawgirl a bit in this series. And where are the wings?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, I'm sort of getting the feeling that Hawkman is going to overshadow Hawgirl a bit in this series. And where are the wings?
    Probably being saved for flight scenes where they can be CG'ed in and so they're not flopping about 24/7, which might be harder to work with.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Meh....too much brown, and they're eyes would look cooler if the eyeholes were covered.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

My bet is that the wings can be collapsed/hidden so that the show doesn't have to deal with either massive props or CGI in every scene these two are in.

Astonishing Member

I really dig these. I was always okay with the thought of collapsible wings, since Nth Metal is all mysterious and spacey (hell, give 'em collapsible maces, too!). But the costumes themselves are a nice halfway between your traditional barechested space barbarian superhero looks and your more like "Shadow War" style Thanagarian cop looks. I like this Hawkman look more than the New 52 version, that's for sure. (Tough call comparing Kendra here to the Earth-2 Blue Angel costume, but I think it's safe to say she looks way better than New 52 Shayera).

Lots of brown, but it's a dark photo, too. I hope there are hints of red, yellow and green. And it's quite a pleasant brown.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Ultimate Member

Hawkwoman (oh how I wish they'd call her that) looks great. Hawkman looks decent, his comic look would probably not translate that well to live action. I noticed that the color of their costumes looks more like the colors of an actual hawk, which is cool as well. As for the wings, maybe they're CGI and just haven't been added in yet? Or maybe they can pull them in and out as needed (ala say Angel in X-Men 3).