Amazing Member

Default Uncanny X-Men #190-299 Worth?

Hi, I'm trying to negotiate an offer for a bulk-buy of Uncanny X-Men #190-299.

I just wanted to ask you guys what you think is a fair deal. Answer in £ or $ and bear in mind I'm going to have to pay for California-UK Shipping as well so...

Thanks!

wolverine

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

What condition are the books in?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    What condition are the books in?
    Fine for my needs, but in no state for them to be sold to anyone not of my hobby: they're missing staples.

wolverine

Are you planning to read them, or use them for a different purpose (art project, etc.)? And are all of the issues without staples, or just some? That's a really solid run of books, but the worth of what you pay is usually determined mostly by their condition. I would say if the books are in a condition that they are missing staples, then I wouldn't go more than $250, and that's with the shipping.

Amazing Member

Are you planning to read them, or use them for a different purpose (art project, etc.)? And are all of the issues without staples, or just some? That's a really solid run of books, but the worth of what you pay is usually determined mostly by their condition. I would say if the books are in a condition that they are missing staples, then I wouldn't go more than $250, and that's with the shipping.
    They are all missing staples. They're not for an art project, as such, but to be bound. $250 with shipping doesn't seem to steep, just over £150. I'd roll with that.

Thanks a Lot!

wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine7230 View Post
    They are all missing staples. They're not for an art project, as such, but to be bound. $250 with shipping doesn't seem to steep, just over £150. I'd roll with that.

Thanks a Lot!

wolverine
    Hey, that's a great plan, and in your case the books not having staples is probably a plus. Hopefully this all works out for you, and you get the books for the suggested price! I spent two years and thousands of dollars buying Marvel back issues, so I have a pretty good idea on how much is within good taste to spend on books.

Amazing Member

Hey, that's a great plan, and in your case the books not having staples is probably a plus. Hopefully this all works out for you, and you get the books for the suggested price! I spent two years and thousands of dollars buying Marvel back issues, so I have a pretty good idea on how much is within good taste to spend on books.
    Thanks a lot for your help, now I have some guidelines to stick to. If you're interested, I could let you know the price I get (or reject).

wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine7230 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help, now I have some guidelines to stick to. If you're interested, I could let you know the price I get (or reject).

wolverine
    I actually would like to know what you end up paying for these. And you're welcome. Glad I could help out!