Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default T-MIST: Toxic Cloud of Death (and MUTANT Sterilization!) Spoilers inside

x-men fans, our worst fears about the mutant/inhuman controversy has just been confirmed in today's ign interview with jeff lemire.

you can read the full details here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...ister-sinister

according to storm, the t-mist is not just killing the mutants. it is STERILIZING the ones that are lucky enough to survive.

what can the mutants do now? can anyone deny the climate change at marvel with this new evidence? the x-men are in danger. it is a true x-men emergency, and the inhumans are to blame.

what can we do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    x-men fans, our worst fears about the mutant/inhuman controversy has just been confirmed in today's ign interview with jeff lemire.

you can read the full details here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/...ister-sinister

according to storm, the t-mist is not just killing the mutants. it is STERILIZING the ones that are lucky enough to survive.

what can the mutants do now? can anyone deny the climate change at marvel with this new evidence? the x-men are in danger. it is a true x-men emergency, and the inhumans are to blame.

what can we do?

Well it's good to know that the extraordinary team are immune to terrigen mists somewhat.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 09-11-2015 at 06:49 PM.

All I know is, Storm better have some contingencies stored for this kinda thing. The x-men have been on this extinction ship for a while now and should have plans ready in case.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    All I know is, Storm better have some contingencies stored for this kinda thing. The x-men have been on this extinction ship for a while now and should have plans ready in case.
    She's storm, not cyclops, or batman

I wouldn't call it a fear. All it does is make X-men more endearing to their fans. Besides, this sort of thing is what X-men are all about.

Not to say there is no fear. If they write X-men as bunch of dummies or screw-ups and try to put Inhumans over them as the brilliant lifesavers then its a real doomsday scenario.

Its just so amusing that in trying to use X-men to prop up Inhumans, all they are going to do is make everyone resent the idea even more than they already do.

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    I wouldn't call it a fear. All it does is make X-men more endearing to their fans. Besides, this sort of thing is what X-men are all about.

Not to say there is no fear. If they write X-men as bunch of dummies or screw-ups and try to put Inhumans over them as the brilliant lifesavers then its a real doomsday scenario.

Its just so amusing that in trying to use X-men to prop up Inhumans, all they are going to do is make everyone resent the idea even more than they already do.
    Quoted for truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

it worked with the avengers, so I have no doubts Marvel's next big event will be Inhumans vs Xmen

what can we do?
    On a positive note, the art looks fantastic to me. I like Ramos' crazy, kinetic style. Looking forward to seeing how Old Man Logan joins up with this group. Also looking forward to new villains in addition to Lemire's plans for Sinister.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

what can we do?
    Wait. What the f**k is this? Then how does this affect non-X-Men related mutants like Franklin Richards and Squirrel Girl? Save us, Remender!!!

BANNED

I've been told that Squirrel Girl was retconned as not being a mutant, but I never received the scans that prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    I've been told that Squirrel Girl was retconned as not being a mutant, but I never received the scans that prove it.
    comics-unbeatable-squirrel-girl-first-look-01.jpg
    No idea is it said later that she's mutant or not. For all I know, she's got partially squirrel blood.
    Don't want to know how that happened.

Plus side: The art looks fun. Storm is looking statuesque and sporting a big ol' mane of platinum whippage. I dig it.

Personally, I'm VERY interested to see where this goes -- both with Sinister and with the whole "mutants vs terrigen cloud" thing. I don't wanna get trampled but I've always enjoyed when my X'ers have their backs against the wall and are doing the whole brink of extinction thing. I realize its been done a few dozen times now but I've always enjoyed those stories -- the Phalanx covenant, the Legacy Virus, Decimation, Second Coming -- I dig all of that stuff.

I'm eager for more preview art. I wanna see the rest of the team's outfits.
    Big YES to Bobby getting actually clothes too.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ramos did a good job but I love the Storm from the Gwen-pool Christmas Special cover. Damn she's tall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    You've been lied to... You ever purposely provoke a Squirrel? Doreen is a bonafide mutant.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-14-2015 at 12:19 PM.

what can we do?
    How would that prevent the birth of new mutants? The vast majority of mutants have always been born to baseline humans. Are the mists sterilizing everyone other than Inhumans?