Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Batman dying and being replaced by a substitute is an example of just that. First with Nightwing and now with Gordon after only a few years.

Daredevil once again having a secret identity.

I kinda expext it at this point.
    Batman isn't currently dead. Besides, the fact that Snyder hypes his stories as epic and innovative while they tend to be reductive (and terribly paced) is one of the main problems some Batman aficionados seem to have with his current run.

Daredevil regaining his Secret identity is going back to his status quo. A repeated story would be if he decided to reveal it again .

Regardless of all this, we have a right to be dissatisfied with a direction that is a retread of the one we've just spent more than half a decade getting out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This. We just went through all this shit with Hope. I guess they want to redo that story and use the real Jean this time instead of a knockoff...
    Luckily I had the sense to skip most of that whole mess. I'm down to see this version play out with Storm in the lead....

Go get them slave-owning genocidal monarchs Stormy! Go get 'em!

Cleanse this world of their toxic influence!

Last edited by yogaflame; 09-12-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm sorry why are we assuming sterilization means something distinctly different from sterilization?

The story line could be considered trolling fans. Its really about making the Inhumans more popular and more relevant by having them interact with their most constantly popular team. The did same thing with the Avengers when the first movie came out: Storm joins Avengers, Beast rejoins, AvX, Uncanny Avengers. Then with Guardians: Trail of JG, Black Vortex, Kitty/Star Lord. Now Beast is with the Inhumans, Cyclops looks to be their villain, and they will cross over with the X-Men.

I like JF, I like the cast, I'm excited for this. The art is meh and the designs are awful, but I'm in otherwise.

Fans should be more worried about the fact Marvel is publishing less and less X-books rather than Inhuman nonsense.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

All-New Member

Don't worry, there are still some new mutants coming.
    According to issue #3, they mentioned "The world's newest mutant discovers she has a terrifying power!["so at least one female mutant will born after the Tmist.

Wait......is she the All-new, all-different Hope Summer?

Seems very un-original, not only M Day or Legacy virus either. Way back in the 90's Earth X book, Inhumans released the mist on the planet, converted all living things into something (Wakanda had to give plants and animals equal rights) and killed others. Wrapped up in a nice little bow when Reed burned the mist out of the atmosphere with giant candles, Jeen being featured just sets up a Phoenix event to do the exact same thing.

There has to be a tipping point with the Inhumans push, where they are finally faced with a competing brand. When does SHIELD get involved with a bio-weapon being dispersed and who is the sympathetic party in a feud between a secret government agency and slave owning royals? Marvel will write themselves into a corner again.

So basically an M-Day with deformities. Marvel's really taking the piss.

I love the lineup and the art, but I find the whole Terrigen Mist angle really bland. The X-men and the mutant race literally just finished dealing with this. It took them seven years to undo the effects of M-Day. Now, it's happening all over again? Something else has come along to wipe out the mutant race AND make them sterile? I'd rather not read that same story again. It also comes off as way too ominous in the sense that it fits with the whole notion that Marvel wants the Inhumans to take over from the mutants do to the movie rights. Considering how Marvel has two X-men movies coming up in 2016, I worry that it'll really show in the comics.

On top of that, Jeff Lemire said this:

We really want to put our own ideas and spin on things, not just rehash what’s been done.
    I'm confused. He's basically rehashing M-Day. So what's the point?

That said, I still want to pick up this story just because I love the team lineup. It has all the X-men's heavy hitters. Plus, Bendis' tie-ins with Secret Wars has made me fall in love with Old Man Logan all over again. I'm really glad he's now part of 616. And I like how O5 Jean Grey is kind of the eyes through which we see this conflict. It has a lot of appeal in terms of the characters. But rehashing M-Day like this just doesn't make sense.

Also, I think what happened to Cyclops might involve his death at the hands of Doom. That would probably get O5 Jean to cut ties with the X-men, given how close she got to him in All-New X-men. I really can't imagine what else would drive her away like this. Maybe it's explained in Uncanny X-men #600...if it ever comes out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HKHERO View Post
    Don't worry, there are still some new mutants coming.
    According to issue #3, they mentioned "The world's newest mutant discovers she has a terrifying power!["so at least one female mutant will born after the Tmist.

Wait......is she the All-new, all-different Hope Summer?
    Manifested, not born. Most mutants don't manifest their powers at birth.

This is NOT a matter of semantics, either.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    Seems very un-original, not only M Day or Legacy virus either. Way back in the 90's Earth X book, Inhumans released the mist on the planet, converted all living things into something (Wakanda had to give plants and animals equal rights) and killed others. Wrapped up in a nice little bow when Reed burned the mist out of the atmosphere with giant candles, Jeen being featured just sets up a Phoenix event to do the exact same thing.
    Earth X really has been the strangely guiding force of nuMarvel. Storm and BP married. Female Thor. Now this. I loved the Alex Ross covers and sketches. I wish he had done the interiors like Kingdom Come or Marvels. Would have been a(n even bigger) classic!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I hope the Science team reunites to solve this or if mutants leave for space and build something neat like Utopia. i still pray when we get to the red shirts for this Toxic T-mist it's not one of my fav B or C list mutants.

But this NuInhumans hold none of the charm I have for the Royals or the independant tribes.
    I cant find myself rooting for anything pushed by them but Ms. marvel.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 09-12-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Im pretty sure that the thing that happened with Cyclops is an event that takes place sometime during the 8 months after Secret Wars.

He is supposed to show up in Uncanny Inhumans as will Beast so theres a backstory there.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Why would they? It's clear that they are going with let's end mutants. Make way for the inhumans but I am curious to see where this goes.
    And Storm said sterilized as past, this mean it already happened and no mutant cannot have children anymore... does the mist kill also fetus in normal humans that has the X gen?

Even if the X-Men go to another planet, they will be last generation... they cannot have children and this is depressing, we can see how Marvel REALLY want to get rid of the mutants!!!

Strangely, seeing Siniestro gave me some hope, after all, his specialty are genetics...

Still, I hate what Marvel is doing... I can understand a story where the mist is killing mutants... but taking away their right to have babies??? Making this the last generation of mutants??? Are they so willing to destroy all about mutants that they are doing this???

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Being hated and feared and facing extinction IS Xmen.

I for one am looking forward to this as the story sounds more interesting than the.Xmen has been for years now. This looks much better than Cyclops "revolution" and the adv of Goldballs.
    Well... you have a valid point... in my case I was not interested in these X-Men... but now I want to read it because I want to know if they can solve this issue about the sterilization of their race!!!

The mutants are put on the "verge of extinction" every other year or so. What's one more? Besides, it'll no doubt end with the mutants overcoming this, having a few months of rest, and then getting near-extinct again.

And I'm willing to be that Franklin Richards makes himself immune to this because "LOL Kid-God Franklin is too good for the mutants because he's with the F4".
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-12-2015 at 11:40 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Was this the 'exciting news for the X-corner than we can't talk about yet' that Mars and Alonso kept talking about in 2014?