BANNED

Default Amalgam Comics revival?

Would it be possible for both Marvel and DC comics to bring back there Amalgam comics?, What can new writers do with the merged characters?.

I doubt it with WB rival Disney in the mix, but please drop by on my stupid little thread :

http://community.comicbookresources....gam-of-the-Day
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Even harder to get corporations to act like civilized adults.

Amalgam basically came about because of Mark Gruenwald and Mike Carlin (who had been Gruenwald's assistant, at Marvel). With both of them gone (one from DC, one from the world) I wouldn't hold my breath. Stranger things have happened, though.

All-New Member MatthewMichaelMurdock's Avatar

I would pay a lot of money to see it revived. It was actually a good concept, but the delivery sucked.

All-New Member

I love amalgam....

I good amalgam comic is about world building. Filling each title with as many crazy mix-ups a possible.

I'm often doing that in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Even harder to get corporations to act like civilized adults.

Amalgam basically came about because of Mark Gruenwald and Mike Carlin (who had been Gruenwald's assistant, at Marvel). With both of them gone (one from DC, one from the world) I wouldn't hold my breath. Stranger things have happened, though.
    They can't even work together to reprint actual crossovers, I don't see anything like Amalgam ever happening again.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Can DC and Marvel even be civil with each other? Would Disney and WB allow it?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Can DC and Marvel even be civil with each other? Would Disney and WB allow it?
    Do you have any evidence that they aren't, on a corporate level or in regards to individuals, civil with one another?

Choosing not to dance through a legal minefield, corral qualified talent, and engineer a wave of low-returns novelty comics because you and I and probably less than three hundred other people would buy some of them isn't a mark of incivility. When Shelly Bond eggs Brian Bendis' car, then, maybe, we've moved into incivility.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Last I heard DC wasn't going to work with Marvel while Marvel still had Quesada in charge. Not sure if I heard that right mind you, but if it was accurate, I wonder if Axel being new EiC means we might at least get a cross over. *Knock on wood*

As for the Amalgam, some of it worked, some of it did not, but it was a lot of fun to see them try IMO
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass