Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Considering we haven't had a proper "Robin" title since ... well ... since Volume 4 ended at Battle for the Cowl time and the only book with Robin in the title was (no complaints though) Batman and Robin, yeah. Good damn Robin solo. Some of the best Robin soloing since, well, since I can remember.
    I'm was unsure about the direction of this title, but love Damian's character, so I decided to give the first few issues a try. I'm definitely glad I did. Love the art, and the Year of Blood storyline really could go in so many directions that the book isn't painting itself into a corner. It almost has a Damian meets Indiana jones vibe going that I love so far. Touching on the "Nobody arc " is a nice touch too, as I enjoyed that character as an enemy for Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This could have easily gone wrong with Damien coming off as way too powerful; as it was written he came off as resourceful and intelligent which really gave us a great look at the character.
    Well put. Robin to me was never about being the absolute best in combat. That's Batman's thing.

Robin, IMO, is a mixture of skill, resourcefulness, and youthful exuberance for the mission, that sets him apart. The Deathstroke/Damian fight was well done in that respect for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This could have easily gone wrong with Damien coming off as way too powerful; as it was written he came off as resourceful and intelligent which really gave us a great look at the character.
    The PRE-TEEN still did come off a bit too powerful to survive everything, up til he wrote the check, and having Goliath is a dealbreaker as a permanent goto resource unless Damian gave up Gotham which probably cant and wont happen. Give Goliath to some other young hero (especially Marvel is hitting a gold mine with Moon Girl) - but not to Nobody unless she changes her codename.

Awesome cover grabber though.
    RBSOBM-Cv4-ds-5eaba.jpg
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 12-01-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: add cover