Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    While Banner and Logan are generally known with always going all-out and leaving cold bodies in their respective wakes.
    Did they chang this again? Last time I checked Banner in improbable ways always steers the Hulk towards not killing anybody ever, even when he's using a skyscraper full of people as melee weapon.

Superman vs. Batman is normally not PIS. People post a ton of scans out of context that somehow get turned into fact on the Internet, but Superman is generally either:

- mind controlled and fighting it
    - an Elseworlds version that doesn't have the same type of super reaction feats as continuity version
    - not in an all-out fight but is instead trying to make a point or something, with Batman coming out with ways to surprise him
    - powered down in some manner

...when Batman fights him. And Batman almost always loses but has some contingency where he makes his point.

I mean, Superman's main villain is an ultra rich, ultra smart guy with no superpowers of his own. That pairing only makes sense.

On the flip side, Wolverine never beats Hulk, but I guess it's PIS that he lasts for more than 1 second at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Superman vs. Batman is normally not PIS. People post a ton of scans out of context that somehow get turned into fact on the Internet, but Superman is generally either:

- mind controlled and fighting it
    - an Elseworlds version that doesn't have the same type of super reaction feats as continuity version
    - not in an all-out fight but is instead trying to make a point or something, with Batman coming out with ways to surprise him
    - powered down in some manner

...when Batman fights him. And Batman almost always loses but has some contingency where he makes his point.

I mean, Superman's main villain is an ultra rich, ultra smart guy with no superpowers of his own. That pairing only makes sense.

On the flip side, Wolverine never beats Hulk, but I guess it's PIS that he lasts for more than 1 second at any given time.
    Wolverine shouldn't really give the Hulk any problems. Basically, it's like a 7 year old with really sharp nails vs. someone like LeBron James who's really, really drunk. Yeah, the kid is pretty aware of what he wants to do, but he's up against LeBron James who is 6"8 and is crazy fast and strong! If the kid isn't punted 20 metres, I'm calling bullshit.

Having said all that, Superman basically forgets everything. His super-quick reflexes, his ability to be a blur at his laziest while Batman is at his optimal awareness and his other powers like heat vision and cold breath. Basically, Superman should be able to put Batman's legs in a block of ice from half a mile out, but...he forgets, cuz...
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Really sharp nails, an invulnerable skeleton, and the ability to come back from pretty much any injury.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Really sharp nails, an invulnerable skeleton, and the ability to come back from pretty much any injury.
    Really sharp nails against someone whose reach should be around twice that of his, unbreakable skeleton which should basically rip right through his skin and land on the moon, where his lungs asphyxiates and dies, while his skin flutters to the ground and shrivles up like a leaf during the month of October.

At some point, Hulk should just turn back into Banner, because he's not longer angry fighting Wolverine...just getting a knot in his stomach from how much he's laughing!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Really sharp nails against someone whose reach should be around twice that of his,
    With muscles and such that can be easily cut by the aforementioned nails.

unbreakable skeleton which should basically rip right through his skin and land on the moon,
    Feats for Hulk chucking anyone to the moon? Because give the usual amount of air-resistance and gravity, I don't think he's ever done more than a few miles.

where his lungs asphyxiates and dies, while his skin flutters to the ground and shrivles up like a leaf during the month of October.
    Again, magic mutant healing factor. It work in all kinds of weird scenarios apparently.

With muscles and such that can be easily cut by the aforementioned nails.

Feats for Hulk chucking anyone to the moon? Because give the usual amount of air-resistance and gravity, I don't think he's ever done more than a few miles.
    Here's a good moon toss feat. Fin Fang Foom BTWhulk moon toss.jpg

BANNED

A retelling of the original fight between Wolverine and Hulk has Hulk casually block Wolverines attack and then one-shot him. So no idea which fight requires more PIS, but the Marvel rivals are now generally being potrayed as being in different leagues, while Batman continues to be written as being able to challenge superman for the most part.

The original fight between Wolverine and the Hulk had Wolverine be knocked out by what was referred to as a glancing blow from the Hulk. Doesn't really need a retelling to have the difference between them be more clear.

Astonishing Member

Wolverine versus The Hulk'd pretty much go down like Wolverine vs Wonder Man, only worse.

Here's the thing that gets me about Wolverine v Hulk:

Even if adamantium blades are hard and sharp enough to pierce Hulk's skin, it would take someone MUCH stronger than Logan to wield them effectively.

Give Thor or Namor or the Thing some adamantium blades (and the requisite all-out effort), and the end-result would probably be bad for the Hulk.

But Wolverine is not spectacularly superhumanly strong and should lack the force to make a dent in Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Here's the thing that gets me about Wolverine v Hulk:

Even if adamantium blades are hard and sharp enough to pierce Hulk's skin, it would take someone MUCH stronger than Logan to wield them effectively.

But Wolverine is not spectacularly superhumanly strong and should lack the force to make a dent in Hulk.
    Oh Really? WHat feats does Hulk have for resisting super-tech sharp blades? I mean Obviously Wolverine can cut him, because he does it whenever they fight. But if you're arguing that's bad writing, who else has Hulk gone up against with super sharp unbreakable blades, and how did he do against them??

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Plot is what normally saves Batman and Wolverine from being turned into a greasy skid mark on the street. Most of the time (with regards to Bats vs Supes) you have the writers add a line of dialogue where Batman admits that Superman could beat him, with intent. Normally, Batman vs Superman fights, and Hulk vs Wolverine fights happen in the books of the underdogs. Where the writers can hype the characters against megaton hitters. Nobody wants to read about Superman kicking Batman's ass, in a Superman comic. People go crazy for Batman kicking Superman's ass, in a Batman comic. Same for Hulk on his on books. Notice how most Banner vs Logan fights happen in books titled X-Men. The one time Superman did fight Batman, in a Superman titled book, this was the result.

You see this also with Iron Man vs Thor. Like Bats vs Supes it's man vs god, where god normally is put on his heels, while man gives it everything he's got. But sometimes, god stomps man, like a bug.

Oh Really? WHat feats does Hulk have for resisting super-tech sharp blades? I mean Obviously Wolverine can cut him, because he does it whenever they fight. But if you're arguing that's bad writing, who else has Hulk gone up against with super sharp unbreakable blades, and how did he do against them??
    You're basically making Wolverine's claws into no limits fallacy vorpal swords that you now have to have a specific immunity to by advancing this line of reasoning, which doesn't work when there are times where he has not managed to cut through things. Which, actually, includes the Hulk in their very first fight, to the point of Wolverine remarking that he can't cut the Hulk, verbatim.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-19-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Here is another instance of Wolverine's claws not doing the job