Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    They won't.
    And we know that how? Maybe a less confusing way to allow publishers to make games and a good head start will entice companies to give the system a look....
    Visit the blog @ http://thekingofretro.blogspot com and follow up me on Twitter & Instagram @TheKingofRetro!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingofRetro View Post
    And we know that how? Maybe a less confusing way to allow publishers to make games and a good head start will entice companies to give the system a look....
    Nintendo hasn't had strong third party support for their home consoles since the SNES.

BANNED

Im starting to feel that Nintendo (like the horse and buggy) needs to let go, stop producing hardware and start licensing

theyve got good material but no good outlet for it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Im starting to feel that Nintendo (like the horse and buggy) needs to let go, stop producing hardware and start licensing

They're the only ones that always make money on their hardware, they make money when people want to make stuff for their systems, and their handhelds sell more than any of the other systems.

BANNED

the problem is very few companies WANT to make content for the WiiU

didn't they lose a metric f**kton of 3rd party support over the past couple years

I have no problem with the WiiU, my little cousins and friends kids have them...its a fun little system for the kiddos

Astonishing Member

I was given one as a gift. My wife loves Mario Kart, my kid loves Mario Kart and Smash bros, everyone loves splatoon.
    I rarely use it though, and my son seems to have lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingofRetro View Post
    And we know that how?
    Because of the past 20 years. Between Nintendo's relatively weak hardware, garbage online support and Nintendo fan's refusal to buy anything that doesn't have Mario or Link on the cover, 3rd parties have learned to stay far away from Nintendo's consoles. That's not changing any time soon.

Whilst 3rd party support is low at the moment and the WiiU hasn't been the most successful venture commercially... who really cares? I love the system and it's produced some great games!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

I'd argue that their hardware perfectly fits the material they produce. I couldn't imagine Mario Maker working on Xbox or Play Station for instance.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have been debating recently about buying a WiiU since it has SplatToon and Super Mario Maker. I will see if Black Friday has any good sales happening.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have been debating recently about buying a WiiU since it has SplatToon and Super Mario Maker. I will see if Black Friday has any good sales happening.
    The Mario kart 8 + all dlc bundle is 25$ off at amazon now

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-32GB-...io+kart+deluxe

BANNED

Another reason to buy one is that you simply have to have every Zelda game. That's why I got mine. The rest of the library barely figured into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Another reason to buy one is that you simply have to have every Zelda game. That's why I got mine. The rest of the library barely figured into it.
    Technically there aren't any new Zelda games out on the Wii U though...Wind Waker is a re-release and Hyrule Warriors is a spin off/cross over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Technically there aren't any new Zelda games out on the Wii U though...Wind Waker is a re-release and Hyrule Warriors is a spin off/cross over.
    Not yet, but there's one on the way.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Not yet, but there's one on the way.
    Or so we hope