Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    There is a link between Teen Iceman and the super giant snowman. I can't remember the details, but old wizard beard Bobby talks about it at some point in BotA and how it was born from teen Bobby or something. Someone with a better memory than me might be able to explain it all.

BotA Beast appears to be current timeline Beast from this preview.
    First, I will resent the fact you made me look up things from that pile of garbage! (kidding, mostly)

He said that "eventually you're going to figure out that part of your power is--" And he's cut off. That doesn't imply is from Teen Bobby specifically, just that it becomes part of Iceman's power set to create Sentient IceHulks (or whatever that was) at some point.

Ice Wizard behaved like a future Iceman period. It wasn't definitely stated which of them he was supposed to be, though my money was on the present one.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    First, I will resent the fact you made me look up things from that pile of garbage! (kidding, mostly)

He said that "eventually you're going to figure out that part of your power is--" And he's cut off. That doesn't imply is from Teen Bobby specifically, just that it becomes part of Iceman's power set to create Sentient IceHulks (or whatever that was) at some point.

Ice Wizard behaved like a future Iceman period. It wasn't definitely stated which of them he was supposed to be, though my money was on the present one.
    He confirmed that later on... "One of my ice creations who gained a crude sentience and came under the sway of Xorn. I have as yet been unable to reabsorb him. Be wary when creating free-roaming doubles of yourself, my young friends."

Basically one of Iceman's ice clones who became sentient and got mind-controlled by Xorn.

Well looks like I suck then! (sorry).

That makes Jean the only one we know about in the BotA future then doesn't it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know this preview raises 2 questions:

1. If the O5 were never able to be sent home in the future timeline, what exactly happened to Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel?

2. If the O5 were never able to be sent home in the future timeline what made the future Brotherhood think that their attempt to send the O5 back was gonna work in the first place? BotA seems to only become more nonsensical as time goes by.
    This is where the rub is for me. Obviously their presence in the current time means nothing or the X-men currently would not exist. The reason the 2nd generation was created was to save the originals + Alex and Lorna so if that did not happen the current line-up should be changed as well. Nothing would stay constant. Tyke mentions weeks in regard to how long they have been here in his current series but it should already be causing changes. The story would he more enjoyable if there were not so many titles tied to the outcome.
    Bubblehead could actually be Angel. He is the only one who really wants to go home and the one who keeps mentioning it. 30 issues is a long time to run with no answers and then add another time-displaced character with a chip on his shoulder (read the current series...Miles is not a pleasant voice). It doesn't need to end but some answers would be appreciated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Don't remind of me X-men: The End. That was disaster of a series. My poor brain.
    Amen, brother, amen! I ship Abby Brand and Hank McCoy, any day, all day.
    Smile.jpg
    callme.jpg
    Mr. & Ms. SWORD.jpg

Have you ever asked a child to tell you a story?
    Something as simple as "What did you do today"....

It begins with some sort of immediate detail, not a broad outline but some specific little aspect that holds significance..."I had to take the pepperonis off the pizza because I don't like them" and then it always expands into some sort of 'what-if' or 'how come' preponderance like "why don't you have a beard like Sam's dad ? You should have a beard, beards are awesome..."

Then the story starts from there but it doesn't go anywhere, it stumbles one detail into the next and each detail goes unconnected and wanders off in a thousand directions, contradictions abound and then out of nowhere the kid quits, only to forget the whole conversation.

(So, honestly, when do you lose interest)?

"I went to Sam's house and then, he has a goldfish...we played lawn darts, you said lawn darts are too dangerous but I didn't hurt myself and Sam's dad has a beard and eats pepperoni pizza after 5:30 why do you eat olives, and then we had to come inside but they have a neighbor with a dog that looks like a wolf and I think it is a wolf can we have a wolf?"

Ever get the feeling that ANXM is like that?
    I mean, I got bored writing this post...and nearly forgot why I even started it about half-way through

Bendis is better than this...I'm sure he is. There's this feeling like there are just too many events, too many tie-ins, too much other stuff hooked and dragging his two books. All the 'details' and 'what-ifs' - all too much 'and then, and then, oh and then, guess what, and then..." without any significance or completion...is Bendis just going to walk off when he gets bored and pick up a new set of toys...leaving a mess for somebody else to pick up?

Or, like that kid, will he suddenly say something that is so true...so stunning and real that it'll make all this patient waiting worth it?
    Last edited by sungila; 06-08-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

That art. What a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Have you ever asked a child to tell you a story?
    Something as simple as "What did you do today"....

It begins with some sort of immediate detail, not a broad outline but some specific little aspect that holds significance..."I had to take the pepperonis off the pizza because I don't like them" and then it always expands into some sort of 'what-if' or 'how come' preponderance like "why don't you have a beard like Sam's dad ? You should have a beard, beards are awesome..."

Then the story starts from there but it doesn't go anywhere, it stumbles one detail into the next and each detail goes unconnected and wanders off in a thousand directions, contradictions abound and then out of nowhere the kid quits, only to forget the whole conversation.

(So, honestly, when do you lose interest)?

"I went to Sam's house and then, he has a goldfish...we played lawn darts, you said lawn darts are too dangerous but I didn't hurt myself and Sam's dad has a beard and eats pepperoni pizza after 5:30 why do you eat olives, and then we had to come inside but they have a neighbor with a dog that looks like a wolf and I think it is a wolf can we have a wolf?"

Ever get the feeling that ANXM is like that?
    I mean, I got bored writing this post...and nearly forgot why I even started it about half-way through

Bendis is better than this...I'm sure he is. There's this feeling like there are just too many events, too many tie-ins, too much other stuff hooked and dragging his two books. All the 'details' and 'what-ifs' - all too much 'and then, and then, oh and then, guess what, and then..." without any significance or completion...is Bendis just going to walk off when he gets bored and pick up a new set of toys...leaving a mess for somebody else to pick up?

Or, like that kid, will he suddenly say something that is so true...so stunning and real that it'll make all this patient waiting worth it?
    This is exactly how I feel.. and I'm waiting for that last line to actually happen. The only thing that's really keeping me around besides this:

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    That art. What a talent.

It'll all pay off eventually.... right?

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    Well looks like I suck then! (sorry).

That makes Jean the only one we know about in the BotA future then doesn't it?
    Seems like it. As shown the Beast we see in the future is definitely the regular one. Iceman at the end of BotA laments being old so that's probably the present one as well. So really we have no idea what any of the male time displaced 05 end up doing. We just know they're neither with the X-Men or the Brotherhood and one of them (or possibly Xorna) are responsible for something really terrible happening. And the way mini-Xavier talks about them it sounds like none of them died either.

so who is older Raze or Xavier 3rd?

Well the pacing is glacial, I'll agree there. Otherwise I'm enjoying the book well enough. The art is the major plus though, it's true.