Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
It would be nice to get a quality Spidey show again. We're gonna be left in a bit of a drought on that front with just the preschool show from Marvel/Disney, but even before that the stuff from the past decade has been less than ideal quality imo. I think sometimes it feels like the eras of stellar animated superhero cartoons is past us because things are just in a different place where they don't even make as many of them as they used to.
I think Batman is on the same spot, complete with the preschool series.

But yeah, there's not really much in the way for action-oriented superhero cartoons. Most of the recent ones like Big Hero 6, Stretch Armstrong, Avengers Assemble, and Marvel's Spider-Man have wrapped up. Everything else is comedic or intended for smaller children. I think Young Justice and What If? are the only ones left, and the latter I'm not even THAT excited because it's still too derivative of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
In hindsight, part of the reason why the villains in this series are better received is because none of the fodder that Spider-Man fights are supervillains. The Disney shows use supervillains as fodder way too much.
Oh yeah. This show actually broke up the usual superhero fights with Spidey occasionally fighting regular crooks. I don't think recent superhero cartoons really do that much. The last one was maybe Beware the Batman, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
It’s finally here! The final interview. The Final Curtain. Zach and Greg are rejoined by Greg Weisman and Victor Cook in their longest interview yet discuss in detail the final episode of the series, but also discuss the way the backgrounds tell the story of each home or office, how they kept the reveal to be as satisfying as it was, the difference between a cliffhanger and open-ended storytelling, and definitively… the reason there was no season three. A MUST-LISTEN for any fan of the series. There’s a lot packed in here that I don’t mention, but trust us, there’s a ton here.

NEXT EPISODE: We will be playing your voicemails, and reading your emails. Special guests from the past may show up, but we will be throwing the biggest finale party yet.
Email is Spectacularradio@gmail.com
Voicemail line is 818-925-6631

https://www.spidey-dude.com/spectacu...n-victor-cook/
I'm listening to this tonight. I can't wait!