Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

With the whole character's canon put into a single tight narrative with this show where everything felt so purposeful and spot on/planned out with all the history extrapolated to make the most sense in context of the greater whole- I feel like the character is worse off having all that potential left off to just these 26 episodes and never to be seen again. It's sad this show by being a Sony show just never gets any love from Marvel when it's pretty much the most Spidey Spidey show ever, even more than the shows Marvel themselves have made since.

All the debates of which is the best would be pretty much no question if this show continued, it'd pretty much be the total Spidey story in animated form and have the edge over the 90s show by nailing things down with even more laser focus for the entire cast and not making as many hammy/odd choices.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 11-25-2020 at 03:52 PM.

I read that Weisman's plan was to have Peter go through college and have him marry MJ at the end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I read that Weisman's plan was to have Peter go through college and have him marry MJ at the end.
    We know about him being in college for a movie. The MJ marriage is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    We know about him being in college for a movie. The MJ marriage is just speculation.
    A fan did ask and he said at some point yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Gwen was clearly going to die in College. Whether Peter and MJ were going to marry or not is debatable, but they were clearly going to get together in the end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gwen was clearly going to die in College. Whether Peter and MJ were going to marry or not is debatable, but they were clearly going to get together in the end.
    He already said that he had no plans to kill Gwen (or Sally) during the series.

He already said that he had no plans to kill Gwen (or Sally) during the series.
    The series was set in High School and he reiterated that Gwen doesn't die in High School.

He also wanted to create some direct to video movie sequels set in College.

It's not hard to see what he was going for.

Astonishing Member

The series was set in High School and he reiterated that Gwen doesn't die in High School.

So why was Sally going to survive?

So why was Sally going to survive?
    Nobody cares about Sally.

Astonishing Member

Nobody cares about Sally.
    The point is the difference between "planned content" and "speculation spoilers:
    what you wish would happen
    end of spoilers". It's not guaranteed to happen.

The point is the difference between "planned content" and "speculation spoilers:
    what you wish would happen
    end of spoilers". It's not guaranteed to happen.
    This post does not undercut what I just said.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I thought about this before. Since Weisman liked to base each arc around a course, I suspect the Scorpion would have been part of an Espionage arc.

The reason is that Gargan in the comics wasn't the only one to spy on Peter. Foswell/Patch was the second person try it. I forgot the number but it was in one of the Lee/Romita issues. And since Foswell got a lot of screen time in Season 2, and Peter learned of his identity as Patch, I suspect one of the Season 3 story arcs would have looked something like this:

Episode 1 - Jameson instructs Foswell to spy on Peter, but Peter catches on and fools him like in the comics.
    Episode 2 - Jameson hires an actual professional to spy on Peter, and that professional is Gargan.
    Episode 3 - Gargan becomes the Scorpion.
    I wonder if Smythe and the Spider Slayers would have been involved as their storyline and Scorpion kind of follow the same major beats. Scorpion seems to be the natural evolution of a Spider Slayer, as a man in a super suit over a machine. I think Scorpion came first in comics though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I didn't even remember that Gargan was in Spectacular, was he just mentioned?
    Yeah he was just mentioned by fake Norman. However Greg mentioned that Hobgoblin and Scorpion would be in Season 3 early on.

Well, the comics make no secret that it was Peter thinking it'd be better for him to be around for Harry's sake, Spectacular follows Weisman's usual dumbass villain **** of "Haha, I'm a master planner, even when I'm lucky, but the narration won't point out how much luck I needed so I can look smarter!"

And while the first times Green Goblin was just lucky to use other people to hide his identity (Chameleon just happening to steal from Oscorp while disguised as Norman on the same day Norman steals from it as Green Goblin, and everything about Harry), by season 2 he was doing it on purpose, by kidnapping Harry so he can be Green Goblin as much as he wants without Spidey being suspicious, hiring Chameleon to pretend to be him while Norman can be Green Goblin so both Norman and Green Goblin can be at the same place at the same time just fine, pinning the blame on Menken to set up a trap on Spidey... He went from doing it on accident to doing it on purpose in very effective ways, Hobgoblin doing the same thing would be just a repeat, without the novelty.

At the very least, in the gang war episode has Kingsley suddenly acting in a more cowardly way, and while that can be understandable considering he was dealing with super-villains, he says later "Bait and switch. Sometimes the classics really are the best", then sees people around him fighting and acts more composed all of the sudden, so yeah, it really sounds like he was using his brother there, though how much he'd use that once he became Hobgoblin, hard to say, but again, using other people to hide his identity as Hobgoblin wouldn't have a novelty anymore, plus it'd be too soon to do the same thing in the next season... Then again, Young Justice's season 3 repeats a lot of **** from season 2, so that wouldn't be surprisingly, unfortunately...
    To be fair to Norman, he kind of was forced into trying to throw Spider-Man off his scent BECAUSE of his luck. His framing of Harry was sloppy and still connected the Green Goblin to himself. Thus he couldn't show up too much in public after gaining his shiny new title of Big Man of Crime as the second Spider-Man sees a pumpkin, it's off to the Osborn house. Everything was planned specifically for Spider-Man to show up at Norman's house (Also...it's worth noting that Harry's parents didn't seem too concerned that Harry was missing for a few days, because they knew where he was). When it comes to Hobgoblin, dupes would seem rather random and unconnected to the man behind the mask. We probably would have seen multiple people get caught in Hobgoblin gear, heck even "Kingsley" could get framed to be Hobgoblin.

She's a villain by the last time she shows up, or at least sounds like it, since she's openly opposing Spidey out of spite.
    I'd say her issue with Spider-Man here was more in character and made more sense than the Queenpin spectacle.

Isn't Shocker one of Peter's classmates too?
    In that show, he's Peter's age and was competing for a spot at the Osborn school. Unfortunately the voice actor passed away, so they never used him again...but then again a lot of villains didn't get used more than once...

I also wonder if maybe there would be some connection between Rhino and Scorpion, like maybe he gets a super awesome armor like Rhino's, but one that allows more flexibility, but is weaker, though question would be who would start making super-villains with Norman out of the picture, maybe Kingsley? Or that Tricorp company? Or just Otto eventually escaping jail and making more, since he was the one essentially behind Rhino and Sandman after all...
    Interestingly...Sandman was actually supposed to turn out to be something like Molten Man. We've seen Miles Warren tampering with genetics. However the Scorpion suit is more of a machine (as least the tail is) but I would think Jonah wouldn't think of it as financing supervillains, but superheroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    In that show, he's Peter's age and was competing for a spot at the Osborn school. Unfortunately the voice actor passed away, so they never used him again...but then again a lot of villains didn't get used more than once...
    Woah, he died? I thought it was just the show being lazy. That's really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    l.I also wonder if maybe there would be some connection between Rhino and Scorpion, like maybe he gets a super awesome armor like Rhino's, but one that allows more flexibility, but is weaker, though question would be who would start making super-villains with Norman out of the picture, maybe Kingsley? Or that Tricorp company? Or just Otto eventually escaping jail and making more, since he was the one essentially behind Rhino and Sandman after all...
    Farley Stillwell?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    With the whole character's canon put into a single tight narrative with this show where everything felt so purposeful and spot on/planned out with all the history extrapolated to make the most sense in context of the greater whole- I feel like the character is worse off having all that potential left off to just these 26 episodes and never to be seen again. It's sad this show by being a Sony show just never gets any love from Marvel when it's pretty much the most Spidey Spidey show ever, even more than the shows Marvel themselves have made since.

All the debates of which is the best would be pretty much no question if this show continued, it'd pretty much be the total Spidey story in animated form and have the edge over the 90s show by nailing things down with even more laser focus for the entire cast and not making as many hammy/odd choices.
    Honestly, I think this is the best Spidey cartoon, finished or not, what we got is way more consistent in quality than the rest, and being consistently good on top of that.

I remember hearing that she wasn't planned to die, but maybe would if they made a movie, no idea where I heard that from though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I wonder if Smythe and the Spider Slayers would have been involved as their storyline and Scorpion kind of follow the same major beats. Scorpion seems to be the natural evolution of a Spider Slayer, as a man in a super suit over a machine. I think Scorpion came first in comics though haha.
    Scorpion debutted in ASM#20, Spider Slayer in #25, although the suit was just a normal costume, just the tail did ****.

Not that order of debut matters here, by the time characters like Tombstone, Hammerhead, Rhino debutted, Peter not only had left high school, it was post Ditko as well.

To be fair to Norman, he kind of was forced into trying to throw Spider-Man off his scent BECAUSE of his luck. His framing of Harry was sloppy and still connected the Green Goblin to himself. Thus he couldn't show up too much in public after gaining his shiny new title of Big Man of Crime as the second Spider-Man sees a pumpkin, it's off to the Osborn house. Everything was planned specifically for Spider-Man to show up at Norman's house (Also...it's worth noting that Harry's parents didn't seem too concerned that Harry was missing for a few days, because they knew where he was). When it comes to Hobgoblin, dupes would seem rather random and unconnected to the man behind the mask. We probably would have seen multiple people get caught in Hobgoblin gear, heck even "Kingsley" could get framed to be Hobgoblin.
    Hm, good point, Norman had to be out of the picture until Harry was back, Kingsley practically never had this issue.

I still feel that repeating it would remove the novelty, even if Kingsley could play smarter, because the viewer saw one character who threw around false leads to get Spidey, and the audience, off his back, so even if Kingsley was more competent about it, it could still look like repetition.

I think maybe we could get a twist from this, that more than one person is Hobgoblin, willingly, 'cause at the end of the day, Norman was alone with the whole thing, Kingsley could be more pragmatic and have more than one person to fight better and have less suspicion, and maybe, say, end with a small group of Hobgoblins teaming up to beat up a surprised Spidey.

I'd say her issue with Spider-Man here was more in character and made more sense than the Queenpin spectacle.
    I was thinking of saying how that would be a better explanation for her becoming Queenpin, but I didn't wanna remind anyone of Queenpin .

But yeah, she has understandable reasons to become a villain, which is why I said she's a villain by that point.

Huh, that sucks.

Interestingly...Sandman was actually supposed to turn out to be something like Molten Man.
    Kinda funny each "improved" version of those armors is weaker than the previous though, 'cause Sandman is essentially a super prototype, he was supposed to get an armor, but got that power, as he has the strongest power set in the cartoon by far, Rhino's, while it can't be used in many places, in only combat situations is really powerful, Molten Man's is more practical, but also not on the level of Rhino's, be it in defensively or offensively.

We've seen Miles Warren tampering with genetics. However the Scorpion suit is more of a machine (as least the tail is) but I would think Jonah wouldn't think of it as financing supervillains, but superheroes.
    Molten Man's armor is made with nanotechnology, which explains why it can be turned on and off, and Miles was the one who decided to implement it, so Miles' expertise is definitely more than just genetics, so yeah, typical omnidisciplinary scientist lol.

I don't see Scorpion's armor using nano technology, specially not the same kind as Molten Man's, so I think someone else would make them, either that, or maybe Scorpion would be an actual mutation, like how Kraven is a mutated lion.

And yeah, when JJ helped with the whole Scorpion thing in the comics, he wasn't trying to make a villain, he tried to make someone to take down Spidey, similar thing happened with Spider-Slayer (And he even refused it at first, but Peter thought that Spider-Slayer actually sucked and wanted to beat it up to have a laugh at JJ's cost), when Smythe returned later, vengeful about the failure Spider-Slayer was, JJ didn't want anything to do with him once he noticed how vicious Smythe was about it, so yeah, similar **** could happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Farley Stillwell?
    Huh, yeah, maybe there's no reason to change who made Scorpion, specially considering that season 2 ended with not many people to be able to make him, only Miles really, but maybe someone else being around to do that could work, and I think Tricorp would be the best choice, to have them doing something, assuming they want another evil company, if not, then could just go for Miles anyways.