Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I'm actually surprised to learn that Kraven's appearance into a were cat was driven by toy company...which makes a lot of sense... Granted they were going to make the best of it and connect it to Man Wolf if the series continued...but alas. That said, the Kraven mutation was a GREAT showing for Miles Warren though, as even Kraven respected the "you don't know what I'm doing to you, wouldn't it be in your best interest if I wanted to succeed?"

When it comes to Tombstone, I'm glad someone else said that Wells' run is trying to channel Spectacular's version.

Another thing that was interesting to me is that a couple of the villains give Spidey a nickname. Venom calls him bro, due to it being Eddie specifically. Shocker calls him "bug" a lot due to him being a cowboy. Doc Ock calls him "Arachnid" in this show, much like Ock would always call him an insect in the comics (but being someone like Ock where his intelligence is the most important thing to him he'd want to get the correct terminology.)

When it comes to the magnet school that Peter goes to in this show I have to give it credit in that it's a magnet for multiple topics rather than just science like later adaptations. This gives them the ability to put Peter in an advanced school, yet also able to put kids from multiple different backgrounds and interests together. It tries to work with the specialized classes (criminology, drama) by not having everyone in them (Gwen and Peter were not in the drama class). One of the funniest things I just thought of is sometimes the show can make connections that I wouldn't think of. While we didn't see much in Season 2 due to the focus on Gwen and Mary Jane being her biggest cheerleader. Glory Grant and Mary Jane were fast friends in season 1, in comics Glory was pursuing a modeling career before she met Peter, and Mary Jane became a model in the...80's? (check my work here, as I don't know WHAT Mary Jane did for a living before).

Okay, now I'm more forgiving of were-cat Kraven that it wasn't 100% their idea.