Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Guest that i should have expected it, i'm pretty sure that this show has at least 3 jokes that could be considered to be about "alone time" .

Also, holy crap i just noticed that Eddie has web shooters before he recovered the symbiote. This is probably the most "evil Peter' that Brock has ever been.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Must be some pretty good "alone time" .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I like Peter and all, but I'm not gonna pretend he was worth a damn as a boyfriend, since only once in the entire relationship he had a good moment with Liz, after the whole thing about Mark becoming Molten Man and him being there to comfort her, but anything before this, and after, has him just sucking at it with how negligent he is, plus he almost cheated twice, and let's not forget that the second time was after Harry escaped from Green Goblin, so Peter was planning to cheat on his girlfriend, and was being a shitty friend with Harry too lol.
    To be fair, this is Peter in every continuity. Harry being generally regarded as Spider-Man's best friend is one of the most ironic things in all of Spider-Man mythos.

I don't think it's a coincidence there isn't a single version of Spider-Man whose friendship with Harry lasted past his early 20's. It's because Harry is the toxic friend you hang out with when you're too young to know better.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 01-03-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Happy New Year!

It’s The Spectacular Shakespeare Podcast! Greg, Greg Weisman, and Jennifer L. Anderson discuss their fondness for the Bard’s work, favorite plays, and how “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” was integrated into the penultimate episode. Following that, they discuss elevating Walter Hardy to a much more influential figure in Spidey’s life, and their own experiences on stage.

https://www.spidey-dude.com/spectacu...er-l-anderson/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    To be fair, this is Peter in every continuity. Harry being generally regarded as Spider-Man's best friend is one of the most ironic things in all of Spider-Man mythos.

I don't think it's a coincidence there isn't a single version of Spider-Man whose friendship with Harry lasted past his early 20's. It's because Harry is the toxic friend you hang out with when you're too young to know better.
    I feel like Spectacular was, like, the last time Harry's hatred of Spider-Man felt really earned and genuine in a cartoon and not forced, and part of it was because of how his character had developed up to that point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Spectacular was, like, the last time Harry's hatred of Spider-Man felt really earned and genuine in a cartoon and not forced, and part of it was because of how his character had developed up to that point.
    Did Harry actually care about Spider-Man until his father was "killed"?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Did Harry actually care about Spider-Man until his father was "killed"?
    I don't think he disliked Spider-Man. They seemed to be getting along fine in the finale up until Norman's death.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

You know...taking recent events into thought...this is very true. Heck, even in this show it shows itself often. I've brought up how Harry in this show asked Peter to join him for football tryouts, then gets mad when Peter is more athletic than he is (and he was taking drugs). Then when Harry becomes popular and Peter gets attention by bringing Mary Jane to their dance, he tries to quickly redirect attention to himself...even not being able to look at Peter when Peter introduces him to MJ. Then making sure to criticize Peter behind his back when Peter left Liz to go deal with the crime boss fight (with Gwen being the type to blindly defend anything Peter does). While Peter wasn't the best friend to Harry, we did see him defend Harry (whether it be in a more passive way to Norman or a more direct way to Flash). Heck, even Gwen was concerned about Harry enough to check up on him when he was drinking Gobulin Green (something that Norman took the time to call Harry stupid for when unmasked as a costumed nutcase "I wasn't fool enough to drink it!"). We haven't really see Harry do anything with his best friends that benefits anyone outside of himself.

When it comes to the Hobgoblin mystery...I'm wondering how long it would have taken to be resolved. The Green Goblin took 2 seasons, and we know that there were only 5 seasons planned. So would Hobby's final unmasking have taken 2 as well? 3? Would we have gotten to Betty Brant robbing the cradle and cheating on Ned with a freshly 18 year old High School senior? Also...I'm wondering how exactly would suspects be considered? Even in comics it was a little spotty... I can see Kingsley being suspected for doing things that just don't make sense (why is a fragrance/chemical CEO all of a sudden interested in technology?) However, trying to connect Ned to it is definitely a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think he disliked Spider-Man. They seemed to be getting along fine in the finale up until Norman's death.
    It's better and makes more sense than something like the 2017 cartoon where Harry just inexplicably hates Spider-Man with a passion before he ever really even does anything that should make him mad lol, then his dad "dies" and he finally has reason to be mad but then they get over it pretty quickly.

To be fair, Harry did gave a good advice to Peter about how to deal with Mark's gambling addiction, but overall yeah, not the best bud you could have.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, Harry did gave a good advice to Peter about how to deal with Mark's gambling addiction, but overall yeah, not the best bud you could have.
    I like how the newest ASM issue points out how they never really were all that great of friends for being "best friends."

On the other note, I think they definitely would have had Ned Lee be framed by Kingsley to be the Hobgoblin. If I remember correctly they were setting up that he would still be investigating Spider-Man stuff so I could see him getting close to uncovering Kingsley's connection to the Hobgoblin and being set up. Agh, everybody gets excited about Carnage but seeing the Hobgoblin done with some real love like he was in the comics is what I was most excited to see for the third season. He woulda been so badass, he already had a great showing in season 2 as Kingsley with undoubtedly switching out his brother Daniel for the more harrowing moments. I like how depsite outplaying everybody else in that episode he still got duped out by Norman in the very end, I think that illustrates their relationship quite well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know...taking recent events into thought...this is very true. Heck, even in this show it shows itself often. I've brought up how Harry in this show asked Peter to join him for football tryouts, then gets mad when Peter is more athletic than he is (and he was taking drugs). Then when Harry becomes popular and Peter gets attention by bringing Mary Jane to their dance, he tries to quickly redirect attention to himself...even not being able to look at Peter when Peter introduces him to MJ. Then making sure to criticize Peter behind his back when Peter left Liz to go deal with the crime boss fight (with Gwen being the type to blindly defend anything Peter does). While Peter wasn't the best friend to Harry, we did see him defend Harry (whether it be in a more passive way to Norman or a more direct way to Flash). Heck, even Gwen was concerned about Harry enough to check up on him when he was drinking Gobulin Green (something that Norman took the time to call Harry stupid for when unmasked as a costumed nutcase "I wasn't fool enough to drink it!"). We haven't really see Harry do anything with his best friends that benefits anyone outside of himself.
    Man, you really don't like Gwen and Peter. Whole rant about Harry and you still need to throw shade at them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Man, you really don't like Gwen and Peter. Whole rant about Harry and you still need to throw shade at them.
    Haha, I love them in this series. I actually love that Gwen is given flaws like being a hypocrite when pity dating Harry and only having criticism for Peter when it affects her. It gives the character flaws that aren't as extreme as either being a shrew or sleeping with her friend's dad. The nerds were pretty toxic when you think about it...it just wasn't in your face like it was for some of the popular crowd. However they are all children, so I can see some of them growing out of their bad habits as they grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    On the other note, I think they definitely would have had Ned Lee be framed by Kingsley to be the Hobgoblin. If I remember correctly they were setting up that he would still be investigating Spider-Man stuff so I could see him getting close to uncovering Kingsley's connection to the Hobgoblin and being set up. Agh, everybody gets excited about Carnage but seeing the Hobgoblin done with some real love like he was in the comics is what I was most excited to see for the third season. He woulda been so badass, he already had a great showing in season 2 as Kingsley with undoubtedly switching out his brother Daniel for the more harrowing moments. I like how depsite outplaying everybody else in that episode he still got duped out by Norman in the very end, I think that illustrates their relationship quite well.
    Even in comics, the way Stern had to retcon Ned being Hobgoblin was by pointing out that him being so easily disposed of didn't make sense (thank you Mary Jane). I'm wondering if Ned would have been killed or imprisoned. Would they have even bothered with Macendale?

Astonishing Member

Haha, I love them in this series. I actually love that Gwen is given flaws like being a hypocrite when pity dating Harry and only having criticism for Peter when it affects her. It gives the character flaws that aren't as extreme as either being a shrew or sleeping with her friend's dad. The nerds were pretty toxic when you think about it...it just wasn't in your face like it was for some of the popular crowd. However they are all children, so I can see some of them growing out of their bad habits as they grow up.
    An Mary Jane is naturally flawless. /s

Even in comics, the way Stern had to retcon Ned being Hobgoblin was by pointing out that him being so easily disposed of didn't make sense (thank you Mary Jane). I'm wondering if Ned would have been killed or imprisoned. Would they have even bothered with Macendale?
    I remember some speculating that Macendale already was in the show either as one of those goons in the first Green Goblin episode or one of the goons in the final episode (the pumpkin head that drove away with the truck in the opening).