Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series

In 2008, the greatest representation of Spider-Man and his world premiered. And even though it was cancelled after only twenty-six episodes, it is remembered by many as he greatest Spider-Man show to ever be made. Greg Weismann crafted a masterpiece, and Josh Keaton brought Spidey to life in a way we never thought we'd see.

Amazing Member

Just had a quick search on amazon, is it on dvd?

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

It is one of the best Spidey cartoons in history.
    It's right there with the 90s animated series, even slightly better.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

It's now on Blu-ray...seasons 1 and 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Spectacular-Sp...ular+spiderman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I really wish Disney could have worked out some type of deal to continue airing it.

It was almost as good the MTV series with NPH... almost.

Hands down the best Spider-Man costume ever. Thank God the whole series finally got the blu-ray treatment.

Astonishing Member

I love this show. Had to buy Season One in the four volumes it came out on as we in the UK didn't get a box set of that or Season Two in any form. The Spectacular Spider-Man is easily the best adaptation of the source material. Awesome show culled too soon.

To me it was the perfect Spidey cartoon. I grew up loving 90's Spidey and as much as I liked it, Specatular was easily the best Spidey cartoon I have seen. It's probably the one Marvel cartoon I would put on the dc cartoon level. Unfotunate that it did not have more seasons

Default The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon was awesome!

Show your love for one of the best comic inspired TV-Shows ever! I just discovered this a few days ago and seen all the episodes of the first season! It's with a bit of regret that I'm approaching the second season since I know I won't have any new episodes to see when it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    It's now on Blu-ray...seasons 1 and 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Spectacular-Sp...ular+spiderman
    holy crap sweet!!
    I bought the season 1 DVD but gave up hope on every getting one for season 2.

Such a crime this was cancelled, there was so much more to tell and it's the best Spidey show.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Astonishing Member

Please can you help me? I saw the complete first season box set for the first time in the UK. I bought it thinking the US version had extras on. Does the US version have extras? I can't see any on this one. Hopefully with this getting a PAL release, the second season may follow.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 05-04-2014 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBrock87 View Post
    To me it was the perfect Spidey cartoon. I grew up loving 90's Spidey and as much as I liked it, Specatular was easily the best Spidey cartoon I have seen. It's probably the one Marvel cartoon I would put on the dc cartoon level. Unfotunate that it did not have more seasons
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Initially, I didn't like Sean Galloway's character designs. Now I have to admit that it does have its appeal and the smooth animation and superb storytelling more than make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Please can you help me? I saw the complete first season box set for the first time in the UK. I bought it thinking the US version had extras on. Does the US version have extras? I can't see any on this one. Hopefully with this getting a PAL release, the second season may follow.
    Sony Home Entertainment did just release the entire series on DVD in Germany. The set also includes the English dub and all of the extras listed in the description of the Blu-ray. Said bonus features are two short featurettes and a music video for the theme song.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Spectacular Member

Best Spidey cartoon so far.

This series was excellent in every way possible. I loved the adaptation of each character. Black Cat has never been better depicted.