Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I somehow doubt it, don't see that detail adding much to their characters, unless that's used to make them work together? And maybe develop them more? 'Cause there's not much to their characters, specially Chameleon's.
    Considering how much the show focused on character relationships and connections, sometimes inventing them wholesale, I wouldn't have been surprised to see them do something with it.

Yeah, I expect it would have come up at some point. Hey, they were both established as from Russia in the show!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Yeah, I expect it would have come up at some point. Hey, they were both established as from Russia in the show!
    Yeah, they definitely thought that their Russian ethnicity was important to these characters in comparison to Rhino, whom they used the Ultimate civilian identity and made American (of Irish decent?). So they probably would have had that connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder if they would keep Hydro-Man's usual incompetence in Spectacular, specially since he's arguably even more overpowered than Sandman (Or at least logically his powerset is), so he'd probably keep his usual dumbness to be "balanced out" lol.
    I'm curious to know if Hydro-Man would be incompetent in this show...as we see that he's a demolitions expert in this show instead of a crewman. I'd assume that Morris Bench would be a bit more educated than the crook Flint Marko. Even Rhino wasn't as DUMB as he's often portrayed to be (he was dumb, but it seemed that he was relatively street smart in how he tried to collapse a garage on Spidey on purpose rather than Spider-Man tricking him into it.) It'd be interesting to see this "legitimate" working man become a nastier criminal than someone who was always a blue collar criminal.

Another thing that would have happened once every season is a Sinister Six would be put together to challenge Spider-Man...do we think that newbies Hydro-Man, Scorpion, or Hobgoblin would have been part of one of Octavius' "Spider-Man Revenge Squad".

So Greg Weisman has said that even a continuation in comic book form isn't possible...
    https://twitter.com/Greg_Weisman/sta...35410168778753

It looks like a lot of people have been agressively asking him to bring back the show lately and are getting upset when he says the show isn't coming back.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    So Greg Weisman has said that even a continuation in comic book form isn't possible...

It looks like a lot of people have been agressively asking him to bring back the show lately and are getting upset when he says the show isn't coming back.
    Yeah... I am one of the hosts of "The Spectacular Radio" podcast, Greg Weisman has been a very frequent guest, going through each and every episode with us. We're recording for "Final Curtain" this week... and believe me, we're going to discuss why the show was cancelled and why it cannot come back in excruciating detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Yeah... I am one of the hosts of "The Spectacular Radio" podcast, Greg Weisman has been a very frequent guest, going through each and every episode with us. We're recording for "Final Curtain" this week... and believe me, we're going to discuss why the show was cancelled and why it cannot come back in excruciating detail.
    Looking forward to that!

I think the big question these days over 10 years later is still with palpable fan demand why can't something be worked out for anything for this show to return somehow? Sony and Disney/Marvel did the unthinkable for Spidey and came together for a weird unprecedented film deal. Obviously they care less about cartoons than film but if the demand was right up in their faces why can't something happen? I just don't get it especially considering Sony is back toiling away at Spidey TV projects, live action and animated.

Sony has retained the ability to make Spidey shows that are 45 minutes and above an episode, and the ability to make Spidey movies animated or live action. I don't understand why they can't continue the show as longer episodes or movies if they still have that right. Probably something to do with Marvel/Disney being the stopgate in the process. I feel like the character deserves better on TV than what he got the past decade, Spectacular was just great TV period and everything since has barely even tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

That's why I'd love for him and his team -or people who share their skill and love for the comics and the lore- to start a fresh new cartoon that gives us the right feelings like Spectacular did, something cleverly written that makes material that could make people cringe in other context, but get the right feelings of laugh and joy out of it.

The last minute of 'Natural Selection' is one of the most amazing displays of a character defining moments in any medium, despair after failure, an attempt to quit, but also a realization of why Peter continues doing what he does, without dragging the dialogue or the moment. That is a masterpiece of a moment that I will always look to as a source of inspiration.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    That's why I'd love for him and his team -or people who share their skill and love for the comics and the lore- to start a fresh new cartoon that gives us the right feelings like Spectacular did, something cleverly written that makes material that could make people cringe in other context, but get the right feelings of laugh and joy out of it.

The last minute of 'Natural Selection' is one of the most amazing displays of a character defining moments in any medium, despair after failure, an attempt to quit, but also a realization of why Peter continues doing what he does, without dragging the dialogue or the moment. That is a masterpiece of a moment that I will always look to as a source of inspiration.
    With or without the same staff, I think there's always the potential for a Spider-Man cartoon to succeed Spectacular.

Admittedly I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With or without the same staff, I think there's always the potential for a Spider-Man cartoon to succeed Spectacular.

Admittedly I don't think we'll be seeing it any time soon, though.
    We would all love to see that. But, like you, I don't see it happening any time soon. Especially not under the current regime at Marvel's TV department.

Looking forward to that!
    The final guest list, since these have been recorded and only one needs to be completed.

Subtext: Nicole Dubuc (episode writer) and Greg Weisman
    Opening Night: Jennifer L. Anderson (Talent Coordinator) and Greg Weisman
    Final Curtain: Vic Cook and Greg Weisman... we recorded half of this and are recording the latter half on Friday.

Looking forward to that!

I think the big question these days over 10 years later is still with palpable fan demand why can't something be worked out for anything for this show to return somehow? Sony and Disney/Marvel did the unthinkable for Spidey and came together for a weird unprecedented film deal. Obviously they care less about cartoons than film but if the demand was right up in their faces why can't something happen? I just don't get it especially considering Sony is back toiling away at Spidey TV projects, live action and animated.

Sony has retained the ability to make Spidey shows that are 45 minutes and above an episode, and the ability to make Spidey movies animated or live action. I don't understand why they can't continue the show as longer episodes or movies if they still have that right. Probably something to do with Marvel/Disney being the stopgate in the process. I feel like the character deserves better on TV than what he got the past decade, Spectacular was just great TV period and everything since has barely even tried.
    If my understanding is correct, while Sony has the rights to all of the Spectacular production assets, Marvel has broadcasting/streaming rights for short form animation (read: TV episode length). Any new Spectacular TV content, even on a streaming service like Disney+, would thus need Marvel/Disney's say-so and they would rather just work on their own versions. I also wouldn't be suprised if toy sales have remained largely consistent across the different shows. Compounded with the niche core audience of a Spectacular revival, it doesn't seem like there's much to incentivize Marvel to continue it. I think the big reasons why the movie deal was extended was both because of massive public outcry (and a lot of the creative team pushing for it) as well as the fact that the movies were making a billion dollars. In comparison, Spectacular isn't that lucrative, so Sony probably would want to focus on their long form stuff like the Spider-Verse sequel.

Looks like the new Marvel Action Spider-Man relaunch is taking some design cues from Sean "Cheeks" Galloway (who worked on Spectacular):

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like the new Marvel Action Spider-Man relaunch is taking some design cues from Sean "Cheeks" Galloway (who worked on Spectacular):

And that's not going against any Marvel or Sony contracts since it's only the color palette that's similar.

Mighty Member

That Mysterio makes me think of the 90's animated series Quentin Beck...Perhaps it's the ponytail...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm curious to know if Hydro-Man would be incompetent in this show...as we see that he's a demolitions expert in this show instead of a crewman. I'd assume that Morris Bench would be a bit more educated than the crook Flint Marko. Even Rhino wasn't as DUMB as he's often portrayed to be (he was dumb, but it seemed that he was relatively street smart in how he tried to collapse a garage on Spidey on purpose rather than Spider-Man tricking him into it.) It'd be interesting to see this "legitimate" working man become a nastier criminal than someone who was always a blue collar criminal.

Another thing that would have happened once every season is a Sinister Six would be put together to challenge Spider-Man...do we think that newbies Hydro-Man, Scorpion, or Hobgoblin would have been part of one of Octavius' "Spider-Man Revenge Squad".
    I guess Hydro-Man could always have some smarts but not actually be that good as a villain, y'know, someone who's smart, but in practice makes too many mistakes.

Then again, that's assuming they decided to make him like the comics, and if Silver Sable is any hint, they may choose to not do that.