Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

This thread has been weirdly active lately, it made me think there was revival about to happen.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This thread has been weirdly active lately, it made me think there was revival about to happen.
    There was a hasthag event on Twitter the last weekend that got the series to be one of the top trending things in the world for a while just to spread appreciation and show that there's still lots of fan interest/passion for the show. Josh Keaton even pitched in. If anything positive comes out of that it would be a surprise to me but it certainly would be refreshing to be proven wrong.

Astonishing Member

People are always hoping. Even me who should've moved on by now.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    People are always hoping. Even me who should've moved on by now.
    It just shows how fans are loyal to the show and how awesome the show was. Honestly, I sometimes turn my headcanon that maybe Marvel and Sony can sort the business out to bring back the show, given how they're work closely in Spider-Man media right now.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    It just shows how fans are loyal to the show and how awesome the show was. Honestly, I sometimes turn my headcanon that maybe Marvel and Sony can sort the business out to bring back the show, given how they're work closely in Spider-Man media right now.
    It would be nice to get a quality Spidey show again. We're gonna be left in a bit of a drought on that front with just the preschool show from Marvel/Disney, but even before that the stuff from the past decade has been less than ideal quality imo. I think sometimes it feels like the eras of stellar animated superhero cartoons is past us because things are just in a different place where they don't even make as many of them as they used to.

Astonishing Member

In hindsight, part of the reason why the villains in this series are better received is because none of the fodder that Spider-Man fights are supervillains. The Disney shows use supervillains as fodder way too much.

In hindsight, part of the reason why the villains in this series are better received is because none of the fodder that Spider-Man fights are supervillains. The Disney shows use supervillains as fodder way too much.
    This show definitely dived deeper into its villains, their motivations, and their identities than the Disney era shows did with their takes on the Rogues Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This show definitely dived deeper into its villains, their motivations, and their identities than the Disney era shows did with their takes on the Rogues Gallery.
    It was amazing because they all had their own lives, you could track their developments and even when a villain was in or out of prison. The prison thing I loved because we'd always see how a villain out out of prison for specific reasons and their own goals/being part of larger things, instead of just appearing again for Spider-Man to fight. That kind of thing just gets taken for granted and would happen all the time in the shows since. Oh, this dude is out again, ok.

Probably helped that Spectacular's world only had Spider-Man as the sole superhero, even if Greg Weisman wanted to do team-ups if they were allowed to use certain characters.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

It's great that the show's on Netflix now. I consider it to be the best Marvel animated series of all time, not just related to Spider-Man.

Maybe one day, We'll get another quality Spider-Man show now that Jeph Loeb and Man of Action are no longer part of Marvel TV.

Sorry for bringing it back again when I was in the mood to watch a few clips and share the one with Kraven, i popped this bottle open once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's true, but when it comes to Ock and Norman I prefer their Ultimate Spider-Man animated counterparts.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

It’s finally here! The final interview. The Final Curtain. Zach and Greg are rejoined by Greg Weisman and Victor Cook in their longest interview yet discuss in detail the final episode of the series, but also discuss the way the backgrounds tell the story of each home or office, how they kept the reveal to be as satisfying as it was, the difference between a cliffhanger and open-ended storytelling, and definitively… the reason there was no season three. A MUST-LISTEN for any fan of the series. There’s a lot packed in here that I don’t mention, but trust us, there’s a ton here.

NEXT EPISODE: We will be playing your voicemails, and reading your emails. Special guests from the past may show up, but we will be throwing the biggest finale party yet.
    Email is Spectacularradio@gmail.com
    Voicemail line is 818-925-6631

https://www.spidey-dude.com/spectacu...n-victor-cook/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Probably helped that Spectacular's world only had Spider-Man as the sole superhero, even if Greg Weisman wanted to do team-ups if they were allowed to use certain characters.
    Honestly.

Ultimate has the Avengers getting bodied by Kraven or whatever.

And in the last one, why the hell does Spidey have to do most of the work in a city with 3 other Spider-People, the Avengers and the Champions?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And in the last one, why the hell does Spidey have to do most of the work in a city with 3 other Spider-People, the Avengers and the Champions?
    It's a question I ask myself whenever they try to portray Peter quitting being Spider-Man as a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ultimate has the Avengers getting bodied by Kraven or whatever.
    I remember Kraven taking out all of Spidey's team except for him and White Tiger.
    Because he's the main character ?

Although most of the time he needs help from or to get saved by them, so I guess it evens out.
    It's a question I ask myself whenever they try to portray Peter quitting being Spider-Man as a bad thing.
    Probably because, while there are more than one hero in New York, they don't necessarily all operate the same as or deal with the same stuff that Spider-Man does.