Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    It's funny though, I think out all of the Spider-Man shows, and maybe media, that Spectacular showed Peter's job at the Bugle negatively impacting his life the most. He was in a situation of where he needed to make money to help Aunt May at the expense of losing his friends sometimes.
    I'm pretty sure Spectacular is the only time that did that, usually it's only being Spidey that gets in the way, and while working in the Bugle is an extension of him doing super-hero shit, yeah, outside of Spectacular, Bugle never affected his social life, usually made it better if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It wasn't a mouth-stomach thought, his entire upper boddy turned into giant mouth, a mouth with legs.
    Makes you wonder how many of his bones Eddie broke to be able to do that .

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The relationship with Peter and Norman was interesting, as Peter found Norman's praise and admiration creepy (which he mentions in season 2). I watched the first episode with my friend this past Saturday and noticed that Peter tried to kind of defend Harry and downplay himself (Things Peter said like"We help each other Mr O." and "I'm...more of a work in progress" in that first conversation we've seen between the two) Norman just twisted it to find some way to insult Harry. I will say that poor Harry almost never got a break. His dad liked Peter more than him, he had to use drugs to become popular...even his girlfriend wanted Peter (It seemed like Gwen was a hypocrite not wanting to be Peter's "runner up" but ended up pity dating Harry).
    Gwen was definitely a hypocrite lol.

While it's never pointed out, his mother is a shitty parent too, since both her and Norman didn't go to his game, always found it weird how Spectacular had her around but did nothing with her...

After seeing Kraven again in his glory, I have mixed feelings about his mutation in the show. Is that something Kraven would do? ABSOLUTELY, but I think it was just done too early. The team behind Spectacular actually wanted to use Kraven in season 1, but Sony or Marvel said that Kraven should appear after Spider-Man gains some victories on his belt and had some notoriety...which actually makes sense and is a good call. They did have plans for Kraven specifically when it came to his mutation and those plans involved John Jameson, so one can only assume Man Wolf. It’s a shame that we will never know...
    Spectacular Kraven is a weird mix of 616 and Ultimate... I guess they didn't want Kraven having some coinvenient super powered juice lying around.

Also, this show had the best Miles Warren. Normally the Jackal is a character that I don’t care for at all, but I wanted to see more of him in this show. The blackmail scene with Curt Connors made me say “holy ****” back in the day.
    Kinda funny that Spectacular Warren is actually a bad adaptation of Jackal, but that also made him be the best version of him, ever lol.

Him blackmailing Curt, lying to Kraven about giving Spidey powers, demanding a payment from it, then when Kraven tried to blackmail him, Miles pointed out that if it wasn't done the way he wanted, he'd fuck over Kraven since only he knew how to mess with the genetic shit... So great lol.

I wonder if Miles figured out that Peter is Spidey in that episode, since once Kraven transforms, he says Spidey's smell was all over the lab (Just ignore how he even knew what Spidey's smell was like lol), and there aren't a lot of other candidates who could be Spidey...

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I love none of the villains felt like they were forced into the story.

Most other writers would’ve had Connors turn into the Lizard again by his second appearance.
    While he wasn't forced, I feel like Kraven is the most random villain, he just comes to New York, gets beated up by Spidey, then decides to becomes a furry, then randomly joins the Sinister Six even though that doesn't make much sense. It felt like he was used to show more of Miles' character and what he might be doing later.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    One thing interesting about some of the villains is how well a bunch of them worked together and it was never them arguing that lead to Spider-Man defeating them.

Spectacular's version of the Sinister Six actually had each other's back and probably could have got the jump on Peter if it wasn't for Venom taking over his body while he was sleeping.
    They still weren't that good as a team, they were basically very momentum based, when Spidey was struggling to defend himself, they easily overwhelmed him, as soon as he could fight back, they couldn't organize themselves well and got in each other's way enough times, specially Electro.

Not that them screwing up as a team is a bad thing, they were used to working solo, with the biggest exception being Sandman and Rhino, and even then they never worked together with super-powers before, so them screwing up is a good thing since they aren't automatically awesome together for no reason (Although they were scarily good together, better than you'd expect), plus, like I said before, the way they got in each other's way makes it justified how they can lose as a team, but still be a threat if they fight Spidey alone.

Overall, Sinister Six was very well done when it comes to combat, maybe even as close to perfect as possible.

Well yeah, they attacked him in groups of two instead of six. Maybe because the battle in the park had then getting into eacth others way too much. Plus i think that they were supposed to be a distraction.
    They were supposed to kill Spidey, since he was investigating about the Master Planner, and Otto wanted to get rid of him.

What he ended up doing was similar to the comics' debut of the Sinister Six, only without them attacking one at a time, but two at a time, probably because there were less chances of them getting in each other's way that way, although Electro still fucked over Vulture, not surprising since Electro is the dumbest of Spidey's villains there lol.

Also, just wanted to post this:

Wonder where Otto bought/stole that .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-14-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Gwen was totally going to break up with Harry right after his father died.../s

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm pretty sure Spectacular is the only time that did that, usually it's only being Spidey that gets in the way, and while working in the Bugle is an extension of him doing super-hero shit, yeah, outside of Spectacular, Bugle never affected his social life, usually made it better if anything.

Makes you wonder how many of his bones Eddie broke to be able to do that .

Gwen was definitely a hypocrite lol.

While it's never pointed out, his mother is a shitty parent too, since both her and Norman didn't go to his game, always found it weird how Spectacular had her around but did nothing with her...

Spectacular Kraven is a weird mix of 616 and Ultimate... I guess they didn't want Kraven having some coinvenient super powered juice lying around.

Kinda funny that Spectacular Warren is actually a bad adaptation of Jackal, but that also made him be the best version of him, ever lol.

Him blackmailing Curt, lying to Kraven about giving Spidey powers, demanding a payment from it, then when Kraven tried to blackmail him, Miles pointed out that if it wasn't done the way he wanted, he'd fuck over Kraven since only he knew how to mess with the genetic shit... So great lol.

I wonder if Miles figured out that Peter is Spidey in that episode, since once Kraven transforms, he says Spidey's smell was all over the lab (Just ignore how he even knew what Spidey's smell was like lol), and there aren't a lot of other candidates who could be Spidey...

While he wasn't forced, I feel like Kraven is the most random villain, he just comes to New York, gets beated up by Spidey, then decides to becomes a furry, then randomly joins the Sinister Six even though that doesn't make much sense. It felt like he was used to show more of Miles' character and what he might be doing later.

They still weren't that good as a team, they were basically very momentum based, when Spidey was struggling to defend himself, they easily overwhelmed him, as soon as he could fight back, they couldn't organize themselves well and got in each other's way enough times, specially Electro.

Not that them screwing up as a team is a bad thing, they were used to working solo, with the biggest exception being Sandman and Rhino, and even then they never worked together with super-powers before, so them screwing up is a good thing since they aren't automatically awesome together for no reason (Although they were scarily good together, better than you'd expect), plus, like I said before, the way they got in each other's way makes it justified how they can lose as a team, but still be a threat if they fight Spidey alone.

Overall, Sinister Six was very well done when it comes to combat, maybe even as close to perfect as possible.

They were supposed to kill Spidey, since he was investigating about the Master Planner, and Otto wanted to get rid of him.

What he ended up doing was similar to the comics' debut of the Sinister Six, only without them attacking one at a time, but two at a time, probably because there were less chances of them getting in each other's way that way, although Electro still fucked over Vulture, not surprising since Electro is the dumbest of Spidey's villains there lol.

Also, just wanted to post this:

Wonder where Otto bought/stole that .
    Symbiotes do freaky things to your body man lol

I heard that Weisman acyually has plans for Emily and she was gonna be a bad guy, but you know cancelation. Truly, that's probably the only ime that i had seen anyone interested in Norman's wife, usually she is just death or left him.

Thanks for the reminder, been a while since i wacthed the episode.

Otto probably forced someone into making that cup for free lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

#LetElectroBeHappy
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah Gwen was totally going to break up with Harry right after his father died.../s
    I mean, her hypocrisy was not wanting to be Peter's second choice, only to go for Harry, her second choice.

I think Peter and Gwen should've been together in the end, nobody else should suffer either of them .

Edit: Also worth pointing out, while Gwen isn't shitty enough to break up with Harry after his father "died", she was shitty enough to want to break up with him after he was kidnapped and imprisoned for several days, and Peter was okay with that, so yeah, they really deserve each other for being such awful love interests lol.

Symbiotes do freaky things to your body man lol
    I guess symbiotes can make humans go from 60% water to 100% for that one attack .

I heard that Weisman acyually has plans for Emily and she was gonna be a bad guy, but you know cancelation. Truly, that's probably the only ime that i had seen anyone interested in Norman's wife, usually she is just death or left him.
    I heard that too, but it's still just weird how she was in both season 1 and 2 and was never talked about, even when it would make sense, Harry only has daddy issues, so maybe that can make you think Emily is okay as a parent, but the one time she should be around, in his football game, she wasn't, and that wasn't mentioned as Harry's angst is only about Norman, so it looks like her abuse is the neglectful kind while Norman goes for emotional abuse by talking shit about Harry constantly, which, if I'm right then Emily was like Romita Norman, and Norman is like post resurrection Norman... But either way, she's just around and never talked about, which is just weird if they were planning for her to do something in season 3.

I do wonder what they implied about her in season 2 episode 1, when Curt says "Everyone deserves second chances" when they were having that dinner at Norman's house, Martha looked directly at her, and the camera even foccused on Emily, wonder what second chance they were implying that Emily needed.

Otto probably forced someone into making that cup for free lol.
    Imagining Otto specifically forcing someone to make a cup with that written would be funny lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-14-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Weisman has said that had he gotten a third season, he had hoped to cast Marina Sirtis as Emily Osborn. Now, considering how he's used Marina on two other shows; that gives you an idea that Emily in this world just might be a cast iron bitch.

Mighty Member

I will say that the show really excelled at introducing villains as civilians WAY before their supervillain debut...There was really not too much of a need to have Sandman and Rhino in the first episode with Vulture, or in Shocker's episode...but there they were. Though I will say that introducing them so early can be frustrating when the show never got to finish *looks at Roderick Kingsley*. However setting up minor character details about the villains earlier rather than all at once was great.

When it comes to Eddie's mouth/stomach...Eddie has always been able to do weird things with the symbiote that Peter wasn't able to (starting with his actual mouth). I suppose he bonded with the symbiote more than Peter has? (It would explain why the symbiote had to ditch Eddie after swallowing gene cleanser that would flush out not human genes.)

Emily was totally a bad parent. Even in her silence and cutting through steak she didn't seem to care about Norman berating Harry about joining the football team, also she didn't seem to show up for Harry's games or his play...(in comics it turns out she's a deadbeat so I guess it was...foreshadowing?...sure you can argue Norman was "too powerful" but there was a good period of time where everyone thought Norman was dead). I still think Emily was in on her husband's extra curriculars.

You know I have to give them credit in not taking the easy way out with Liz. I've often seen them make the "false" love interest kind of a jerk in order to push the protagonist away to the arms of the actual love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Weisman has said that had he gotten a third season, he had hoped to cast Marina Sirtis as Emily Osborn. Now, considering how he's used Marina on two other shows; that gives you an idea that Emily in this world just might be a cast iron bitch.
    Don't think her other roles would really tell what Emily would be like, although if her quietness is supposed to be any hint, she might just not care much about anything, being callous and whatnot, but who knows.

When it comes to Eddie's mouth/stomach...Eddie has always been able to do weird things with the symbiote that Peter wasn't able to (starting with his actual mouth). I suppose he bonded with the symbiote more than Peter has? (It would explain why the symbiote had to ditch Eddie after swallowing gene cleanser that would flush out not human genes.)
    In the comics Peter thought the symbiote was just a costume, so it makes sense it wouldn't change his appearance too much, in Spectacular, I guess maybe there was just no need to take a monstrous appearance with Peter? Or at least not before Peter actually accepted the symbiote, something Eddie did right away.

Emily was totally a bad parent. Even in her silence and cutting through steak she didn't seem to care about Norman berating Harry about joining the football team, also she didn't seem to show up for Harry's games or his play...(in comics it turns out she's a deadbeat so I guess it was...foreshadowing?...sure you can argue Norman was "too powerful" but there was a good period of time where everyone thought Norman was dead). I still think Emily was in on her husband's extra curriculars.
    Best way to explain why comics Emily wasn't around even after Norman's "death" is that she somehow knew he was still alive and decided to do nothing 'cause she still feared Norman, but yeah, she makes no fucking sense, wonder if Spencer will mention that, or anyone will remember about it lol.

In Spectacular, yeah, she was a bad parent from what we saw, at least like Romita Norman, but again, it's just weird nobody talks about that, even when it'd make sense, she's so out of focus you may not even notice she was at Norman's funeral, or even around sometimes lol.

You know I have to give them credit in not taking the easy way out with Liz. I've often seen them make the "false" love interest kind of a jerk in order to push the protagonist away to the arms of the actual love interest.
    They went the complete opposite route, 'cause Liz was only a bitch before she dated Peter, and even that was short lived, after that, she's so nice you may end up feeling bad that Peter was such a lousy boyfriend, she was too good for him...

I kinda get why they had Kraven become a mutant lionman, but it just didn't do it for me. I know Kraven enhances himself but that just felt like a step too far. I guess that's one thing I would give USM and MSM over Spec in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kinda get why they had Kraven become a mutant lionman, but it just didn't do it for me. I know Kraven enhances himself but that just felt like a step too far. I guess that's one thing I would give USM and MSM over Spec in that respect.
    I agree with you. I feel that was a rare misstep for the show...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I personally like it because it gives commonality between the Spider-Villains, and the way they introduced it didn't come off contrived.

I personally like it because it gives commonality between the Spider-Villains, and the way they introduced it didn't come off contrived.
    I think it's nice to have some variety with the Rogues. I mean, it made sense in-universe but I still didn't love it, just like Sable being a crime boss daughter fit the show but just continuing a long line of animated depictions making Sable into a Supervillain instead of a mercenary.

Astonishing Member

I think it's nice to have some variety with the Rogues. I mean, it made sense in-universe but I still didn't love it, just like Sable being a crime boss daughter fit the show but just continuing a long line of animated depictions making Sable into a Supervillain instead of a mercenary.
    That's fair. I was one of the people who hated them using Tombstone as Kingpin.

That's fair. I was one of the people who hated them using Tombstone as Kingpin.
    Well, to be fair, he was used as The Big Man .

Well, to be fair, he was used as The Big Man .
    A valid point , but I can understand why people wouldn't like Tombstone in said role (even if I did).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."