Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 505
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    It's currently airing each Saturday on the Vortex CW programming block.

    I remember being in the doldrums with regards to Spidey in the comics at the time Spectacular Spider-Man debuted. It made up for the crap going on in the comics (and Spider-Man 3) in spades. It is, hands down, the absolute best Marvel animated series to date, with Avengers EMH right behind it. If only the guys behind SSM could be given the reigns to the live-action movies...

  2. #17
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I loved Intervention. Great ep with inspiration from Uncle Ben and the montages of all the good Peter did as Spider-Man and all the friends he made.

  3. #18
    Incredible Member Seto Kaiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    603

    Default

    The amusing thing is when I first saw the commercials for it, I did NOT like the art. I figured "Okay, they're taking Spider-Man and dumbing him down for the kiddies." Still, it's Spider-Man and I figured I'd give it a shot. To say I was hooked instantly would be an understatement. Everything about that show clicked. It's been ages since I watched it so I'm gonna have to give it another go.

  4. #19
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    494

    Default

    I got the season one dvd and I have never been happier. I forgot how great this show was when it was on and it's a shame it was taken off the air so soon.

  5. #20
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    669

    Default

    This show was clearly the closest Marvel produced that has the same quality as Batman TAS.I even dare to say that those 2 seasons were even better than BTAS,because Batman had some weak episodes,while this show didn't have one.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

    Previously known as Nefarius

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    Sony Home Entertainment did just release the entire series on DVD in Germany. The set also includes the English dub and all of the extras listed in the description of the Blu-ray. Said bonus features are two short featurettes and a music video for the theme song.
    Thank you. I bought the DVD Season One Box Set sold in the UK for the first time and can't find the two short featurettes (watched them on YouTube before) anywhere but we have the music video for the theme song.

  7. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,771

    Default

    "The amusing thing is when I first saw the commercials for it, I did NOT like the art. I figured "Okay, they're taking Spider-Man and dumbing him down for the kiddies." Still, it's Spider-Man and I figured I'd give it a shot. To say I was hooked instantly would be an understatement. Everything about that show clicked. It's been ages since I watched it so I'm gonna have to give it another go.

    And then they made ultimate spider-man...

  8. #23
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    This show was clearly the closest Marvel produced that has the same quality as Batman TAS.I even dare to say that those 2 seasons were even better than BTAS,because Batman had some weak episodes,while this show didn't have one.
    BTAS actually has a lot of weak episodes. Nostalgia has really made people think that show was way greater than it actually was. For me, Spectacular is easily the superior (heh) show. In fact Gargoyles & Young Justice also by Greg Weisman are better than BTAS.

  9. #24

    Default

    I still wish this show wasn't cancelled, I still wish we had more episodes
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 05-05-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

  10. #25
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBR League Unlimited View Post
    I still wish this show wasn't cancelled, I still wish we had more episodes
    Same here. I can't believe that Ultimate has aired twice as many and will air even more.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Same here. I can't believe that Ultimate has aired twice as many and will air even more.
    A right shame.

  12. #27
    I'm great at boats! Alastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    BTAS actually has a lot of weak episodes. Nostalgia has really made people think that show was way greater than it actually was. For me, Spectacular is easily the superior (heh) show. In fact Gargoyles & Young Justice also by Greg Weisman are better than BTAS.
    While BTAS does indeed have its share of awful episodes, it also has a lot of groundbreaking episodes that have defined these DC characters to an entire generation. Heart of Ice, The Man Who Killed Batman, Almost Got 'Im, POV, Two-Face 1&2, Over The Edge, Read My Lips, Second Chance and several others. BTAS pushed the envelope of what an animated series could accomplish in terms of tone and storytelling and paved the way for similar shows. I dare say that we wouldn't have Spectacular without BTAS. That said, I love Spectacular and the show definitely had a pretty much flawless run and the good episodes of BTAS still hold up very well to this day.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon Head View Post
    While BTAS does indeed have its share of awful episodes, it also has a lot of groundbreaking episodes that have defined these DC characters to an entire generation. Heart of Ice, The Man Who Killed Batman, Almost Got 'Im, POV, Two-Face 1&2, Over The Edge, Read My Lips, Second Chance and several others. BTAS pushed the envelope of what an animated series could accomplish in terms of tone and storytelling and paved the way for similar shows. I dare say that we wouldn't have Spectacular without BTAS. That said, I love Spectacular and the show definitely had a pretty much flawless run and the good episodes of BTAS still hold up very well to this day.
    I'd give the nod to B:TAS over Spectacular Spider-Man. B: TAS may have had some weak episodes but it had higher highs. Both B: TAS and TSSM are the two best comci book cartoons of all time.

  14. #29
    I'm great at boats! Alastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    497

    Default

    I'd also put Justice League Unlimited up there as part of the holy trinity of animated series based on comic book properties. JLU represents the very pinnacle of the DCAU both from a technical point of view as well in terms of content, at least in my opinion. The show just felt like a love letter to fans of all things DC Comics and Timm et al. clearly had a lot of fun playing with all the (non Batman-related) toys in the box.

    However, I can't put those shows in a proper ranking. All of them did outstanding feats for supposed kids shows and proved that cartoons about costumed superheroes can also appeal to people beyond the age of 12.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

  15. #30
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,249

    Default

    I can't even...

    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •