Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I guess Hydro-Man could always have some smarts but not actually be that good as a villain, y'know, someone who's smart, but in practice makes too many mistakes.

Then again, that's assuming they decided to make him like the comics, and if Silver Sable is any hint, they may choose to not do that.
    He was Norman's demolition expert so I assume he's competent professionally.

this show is so good i'm legitimately disgusted, why are the enforcers so good in this, THE ENFORCERS
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    this show is so good i'm legitimately disgusted, why are the enforcers so good in this, THE ENFORCERS
    Nothing wrong with the Enforcers in my book. I thought they were cool before they got costumes and gadgets .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was Norman's demolition expert so I assume he's competent professionally.
    He did seem competent in the one minute of screen time he had, but the question is how much that professionalism would remain when he tried to be a super villain, since there's a big difference between making bombs, and trying to punch Spidey in the face.

Oh well, we'll never known what he'd be like, can't even know how villanous he'd be since in the one time he showed up, he had no problem with Norman, and Norman is the kind of guy everyone hates, so maybe Morris would have another reason to be a villain? Or secretly be working for Norman since he can't go back to New York? Who knows...

He did seem competent in the one minute of screen time he had, but the question is how much that professionalism would remain when he tried to be a super villain, since there's a big difference between making bombs, and trying to punch Spidey in the face.

Oh well, we'll never known what he'd be like, can't even know how villanous he'd be since in the one time he showed up, he had no problem with Norman, and Norman is the kind of guy everyone hates, so maybe Morris would have another reason to be a villain? Or secretly be working for Norman since he can't go back to New York? Who knows...
    Instead Hydro-Man got to be an MVP villain the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Mighty Member

Shocker was an MVP, and Spidey even knew that he was a more intelligent criminal than someone like Sandman or Rhino. It’s a far cry from the Ultimate Spider-man comic.

One of the best parts of the show was waiting for the other shoe to drop... Stan Carter seemed to be kind of a cool guy, approving of Spider-Man’s vigilantism, then with one line it’s like “uh oh”.

Cletus Cassidy had a cameo in the show at Ravencroft during Ock’s group fake therapy session... I’m curious to know how he would be handled, and I don’t even like Carnage.

Instead Hydro-Man got to be an MVP villain the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.
    Does that mean he was good by that cartoon's standards, or actually good? .

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Shocker was an MVP, and Spidey even knew that he was a more intelligent criminal than someone like Sandman or Rhino. It’s a far cry from the Ultimate Spider-man comic.
    To be fair, Spectacular Shocker was essentially Herman when they remember he's actually competent, so not surprising lol.

Cletus Cassidy had a cameo in the show at Ravencroft during Ock’s group fake therapy session... I’m curious to know how he would be handled, and I don’t even like Carnage.
    I don't think he'd show up while Peter was in high school, since Weisman says that the darker stuff would be used when he was in college, so maybe that's when characters like Carnage and Sin Eater would show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    An excuse for Peter and Venom to team-up, probably.
    Does that mean he was good by that cartoon's standards, or actually good? .
    Good as in genuinely dangerous and powerful.
    To be fair, Spectacular Shocker was essentially Herman when they remember he's actually competent, so not surprising lol.
    Yeah, Shocker actually had a better track record in the comics once-upon-a-time.

OMG! That would have been awesome (especially of interest would be how they'd accomplish that team-up without Johnny):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-05-2020 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

And "Spectacular Radio" finished it's double-sized finale interview with Greg Weisman and Victor Cook. At present, the release schedule is as follows:

December 7th: "Subtext" interview with Greg Weisman and Nicole Dubuc (Episode Writer).
    December 14th: "Subtext" Fan Panel.
    December 21st: "Opening Night" interview with Greg Weisman and Jennifer L. Anderson (Talent Coordinator)
    December 28th: "Opening Night" Fan Panel
    January 4th: "Final Curtain" interview with Greg Weisman and Vic Cook.

The final fan panel has yet to be recorded.

You can find it all here: https://spidey-dude.com/category/pod...radio-podcast/

SLIGHT Correction. We will not be publishing anything from Dec 22nd-Jan 3. So, Opening Night will be Jan 4 and Jan 11th, with Final Curtain coming Jan 18th.
    Last edited by Voices From the Eyrie; 12-07-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Good as in genuinely dangerous and powerful.

Yeah, Shocker actually had a better track record in the comics once-upon-a-time.
    Yeah i actually did read the first two apperances of Shocker and he was pretty competent, put Peter against the wall many times.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

oh lord they set up man-wolf but without the moon rock nonsense GOD DAN IT
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I would've liked to have seen their take on Man-Wolf...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! That would have been awesome (especially of interest would be how they'd accomplish that team-up without Johnny):
    I love the look of classic 1980s/1990s Era Venom; McFarlane (and those who immediately followed) nailed the design.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Man Wolf was one of the things that was hinted at and not really spelled out. The plans with Kraven's mutation were going to be connected to John Jameson. Wondering how this show's Miles Warren would have been involved...

I'm also wondering if the Jackal would have even been a thing with this incarnation of Miles Warren. He didn't really interact with Gwen at all in the series, and only talked to the Connors and the lab assistant he brought with him (Debra Whitman). Then again now that Curt and Martha are out he would directly be supervising Gwen and Peter...However I don't see this version of Miles being infatuated with Gwen at all, he seems to be more interested in self advancement...