Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Man Wolf was one of the things that was hinted at and not really spelled out. The plans with Kraven's mutation were going to be connected to John Jameson. Wondering how this show's Miles Warren would have been involved...

I'm also wondering if the Jackal would have even been a thing with this incarnation of Miles Warren. He didn't really interact with Gwen at all in the series, and only talked to the Connors and the lab assistant he brought with him (Debra Whitman). Then again now that Curt and Martha are out he would directly be supervising Gwen and Peter...However I don't see this version of Miles being infatuated with Gwen at all, he seems to be more interested in self advancement...
    He probably would've mutated himself into The Jackal, but the motivation for the Clone Saga might've been different.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I would love for Disney/Sony to wrap this series up properly. We still had Hobgoblin, Hydro-Man, Carnage, Scorpion and many others to cover. I'd settle for a DTV movie like they do for the DC movies.

While they're at it, they should give Avengers EMH a third season and Wolverine and the X-Men a second season.

WB brought back YJ. Disney+ needs to make this happen.

While were at it, WB needs to bring back Thundercats 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I would love for Disney/Sony to wrap this series up properly. We still had Hobgoblin, Hydro-Man, Carnage, Scorpion and many others to cover. I'd settle for a DTV movie like they do for the DC movies.

While they're at it, they should give Avengers EMH a third season and Wolverine and the X-Men a second season.

WB brought back YJ. Disney+ needs to make this happen.

While were at it, WB needs to bring back Thundercats 2011.
    I mean, they brought back Clone Wars and that went over very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, they brought back Clone Wars and that went over very well...
    There was that discussion (discussions?) with Disney about bringing X-Men TAS back last year, I don't think we know anything about if that's going forward still. I think that might be happening behind the scenes right now cause Disney is going crazy with the X-Men TAS promo between making a trailer for it on Disney Plus, X-Men TAS merch at Disney stores, the making of book Marvel released, the new X-Men licensing art being pretty TAS inspired... feels like they're trying to send a message. I'd like to see the same happen with Spidey for sure. Disney Plus is a perfect place for projects like that and I hope they realize it.

TAS coming back over speccy or emh would be perfect for the hell dimension we find ourselves in
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    TAS coming back over speccy or emh would be perfect for the hell dimension we find ourselves in
    Here's Frank Paur, who did storyboards for X-Men TAS, directed episodes of Batman TAS, was a co-producer on Gargoyles, Supervising Director on EMH, and did some storyboards for Spec Spidey correctly saying the animation on X-Men TAS looked like crap.

I would've liked to have seen their take on Man-Wolf...
    Me too, Frontier.

Considering where he ended up,
    getting John from Colonel Jupiter to Man-Wolf and then finally into the Star-God Saga
    would have been a long & arduous journey worth taking (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I love the look of classic 1980s/1990s Era Venom; McFarlane (and those who immediately followed) nailed the design.
    In agreement with you about the OG version. I also thought the one from Spectacular was fine, as well...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-07-2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Here's Frank Paur, who did storyboards for X-Men TAS, directed episodes of Batman TAS, was a co-producer on Gargoyles, Supervising Director on EMH, and did some storyboards for Spec Spidey correctly saying the animation on X-Men TAS looked like crap.

I think for the period of time it came out in, it looked perfectly fine.

Not particularly. It came out at the same time as Batman and Gargoyles, and both of those shows moved beautifully.

Astonishing Member

I would've liked to have seen their take on Man-Wolf...
    I wonder how they would've done it.

Would they go with his comic book origin or would they have him be mutated by Dr. Warren? It would act as a great prelude to him becoming the Jackal.

Not particularly. It came out at the same time as Batman and Gargoyles, and both of those shows moved beautifully.
    I mean, definitely the streamlined designs led to more fluid animation but I found the more detailed 90's style of the X-Men cartoon to be particularly memorable and impactful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I wonder how they would've done it.

Would they go with his comic book origin or would they have him be mutated by Dr. Warren? It would act as a great prelude to him becoming the Jackal.
    I want to say the latter, they definitely liked to remain on some of the more scientific approaches to the villains...to the point they emphasized that stuff like Ock's arms and Silvermane's armor are machines that required a power source. (I will say that the arms requiring a power source was a better idea to explain why they always seem to work than Octavius being able to control metal....and it gives a reason WHY this version of Doctor Octopus even keeps this impulsive version of Electro around as he is basically a battery.)

Good as in genuinely dangerous and powerful.
    That sounds like a bad adaptation of Hydro-Man, guy's a dumbass .

Yeah, Shocker actually had a better track record in the comics once-upon-a-time.
    I remember he once showed up in Venom, the run before Cates', and he talked there like he was Ultimate Shocker... Like come on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah i actually did read the first two apperances of Shocker and he was pretty competent, put Peter against the wall many times.
    Yeah he could put up a good fight, until Spidey found a way to prevent him from using his gauntlets, then he was taken down easily, and while that makes him look weak, it says something that someone as strong as Spidey had to do that to win.

Still was rather competent as long as he could use 'em though, even outsmarted Spidey in ASM#72 by pretending to be defeated to escape.

That being said, while he was threatening, it didn't stop him from having goofy defeats, like ASM#152:

Man Wolf was one of the things that was hinted at and not really spelled out. The plans with Kraven's mutation were going to be connected to John Jameson. Wondering how this show's Miles Warren would have been involved...

I'm also wondering if the Jackal would have even been a thing with this incarnation of Miles Warren. He didn't really interact with Gwen at all in the series, and only talked to the Connors and the lab assistant he brought with him (Debra Whitman). Then again now that Curt and Martha are out he would directly be supervising Gwen and Peter...However I don't see this version of Miles being infatuated with Gwen at all, he seems to be more interested in self advancement...
    Maybe he'd use Gwen's DNA for that for whatever reason, maybe better compatibility with some experiments?

I doubt he'd care about Gwen though, the only thing he has in common with comics Jackal is "He's an evil scientist", the way he's so stoic no matter what is the usual of Weisman's big villains thinking of it...

He probably would've mutated himself into The Jackal, but the motivation for the Clone Saga might've been different.
    Assuming there would even be a clone saga... But from what we've seen of his personality, assuming he stayed the same, it's possible he's start a clone saga if he starts to think Peter is a great specimen, so he'd try to make more of him for further experiments, and maybe it could even be used to for example, make a Kaine who has The Other's power ups.

I also wonder if he found out that Peter is Spidey, 'cause right before Kraven mutated, he said that Spidey's place was all over the lab (How Kraven knew what Spidey's smell was before he got the super senses is anyone's guess ), so yeah, shouldn't be difficult to deduce who Spidey is, since the only candidates are Peter and Gwen lol.

But if the animation was good, we wouldn't have hilarious moments like this:

https://youtu.be/t-K1D8y_Pxs?t=146

(2:26)

Also man, this guy was involved in a lot of stuff lol.

The big problem with the animation is how a lot of times, the way the characters moved looked goofy, and that's specially noticeable during battles, where it's a flip of a coin over whether or not the attacks are gonna look like there's any impact.

So yeah, guess it's fine for western cartoons at the time, (Even if Batman TAS has a better animation, most times), but it's undeniable it always looked silly, and it aged like milk on top of that lol.

I want to say the latter, they definitely liked to remain on some of the more scientific approaches to the villains...to the point they emphasized that stuff like Ock's arms and Silvermane's armor are machines that required a power source. (I will say that the arms requiring a power source was a better idea to explain why they always seem to work than Octavius being able to control metal....and it gives a reason WHY this version of Doctor Octopus even keeps this impulsive version of Electro around as he is basically a battery.)
    Makes you wonder why Otto bothers to let Electro fight though, he gets in the way pretty often lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    But if the animation was good, we wouldn't have hilarious moments like this:

https://youtu.be/t-K1D8y_Pxs?t=146

(2:26)

Also man, this guy was involved in a lot of stuff lol.

The big problem with the animation is how a lot of times, the way the characters moved looked goofy, and that's specially noticeable during battles, where it's a flip of a coin over whether or not the attacks are gonna look like there's any impact.

So yeah, guess it's fine for western cartoons at the time, (Even if Batman TAS has a better animation, most times), but it's undeniable it always looked silly, and it aged like milk on top of that lol.
    Yeah, Frank Paur has an awesome resume.

Also, there's this guy. A professional animator who takes a look at these shows. Here's X-Men, he's mostly critical though found things to praise:

And here's Gargoyles, where he mostly has nothing but praise... save for an episode that was sent to a much weaker studio:

I'd say since Marvel's animation history and Gargoyles are both baked into Spec Spidey's DNA, these are both appropriate.