Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Has anyone checked out Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters on Netflix?

I know, Stretch Armstrong is a random thing to bring up, but it's a cartoon showrun by Victor Cook and whether by purpose or accident the show gives off a fairly Spider-Man/Spectacular vibe at times.

It's also a fun show .

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I know, Stretch Armstrong is a random thing to bring up, but it's a cartoon showrun by Victor Cook and whether by purpose or accident the show gives off a fairly Spider-Man/Spectacular vibe at times.

It's also a fun show .
    I haven't seen it yet, but Vic has spoken fondly of it on "Spectacular Radio". I'll check it out some time.

Mighty Member

It's also a fun show .
    Of course! I actually started following that series after finding out he was involved. I was curious to see what he was doing post-Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.

It's pretty fun. While I definitely wouldn't compare it to Spectacular, I think it does a good job capturing that show's vibe, from about a third of the voice cast and crew coming back to the serialized storytelling and the strong worldbuilding. I wish it had gotten a bigger fan following and would've liked a couple more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Of course! I actually started following that series after finding out he was involved. I was curious to see what he was doing post-Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.

It's pretty fun. While I definitely wouldn't compare it to Spectacular, I think it does a good job capturing that show's vibe, from about a third of the voice cast and crew coming back to the serialized storytelling and the strong worldbuilding. I wish it had gotten a bigger fan following and would've liked a couple more seasons.
    Agreed...especially since, once again, the show kind of ends on a cliffhanger .

Agreed...especially since, once again, the show kind of ends on a cliffhanger .
    Spectacular does not end on a cliffhanger. Nobody is in danger or peril. It's definitely an open-ending; but it's not a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Spectacular does not end on a cliffhanger. Nobody is in danger or peril. It's definitely an open-ending; but it's not a cliffhanger.
    Well, open-ended but with a lot left unresolved.

It's also a fun show .
    Sounds nice.

I think "Norman is still alive and clearly planning to return later" qualifies as a cliffhanger, a pretty big one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think "Norman is still alive and clearly planning to return later" qualifies as a cliffhanger, a pretty big one lol.
    Heh, as you'll hear when the Final Curtain interview comes out; Weisman doesn't think it's a cliffhanger at all. It's a loose end, a hook for future stories. A tease But it's not a cliffhanger.

Now, if Green Goblin swooped down and tossed a pumpkin bomb at Spidey while he was standing on that ledge and then it cut to black; that'd be a cliffhanger.

The end of the third season of Star Trek the Next Generation, Picard was assimilated by the Borg, and it cuts to black right after Riker orders the Enterprise to open fire on the Borg cube... that's a cliffhanger.

It's also a fun show .
    I just found that existed two days ago and i wasn't planned to wacth it (especially because i'm still watching Brooklyn 99 and the new Ghost in the Shell anime), but now i just migth.

Thanks for the recommendation Frontier.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Heh, as you'll hear when the Final Curtain interview comes out; Weisman doesn't think it's a cliffhanger at all. It's a loose end, a hook for future stories. A tease But it's not a cliffhanger.

Now, if Green Goblin swooped down and tossed a pumpkin bomb at Spidey while he was standing on that ledge and then it cut to black; that'd be a cliffhanger.

The end of the third season of Star Trek the Next Generation, Picard was assimilated by the Borg, and it cuts to black right after Riker orders the Enterprise to open fire on the Borg cube... that's a cliffhanger.
    That sounds like Weisman .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I just found that existed two days ago and i wasn't planned to wacth it (especially because i'm still watching Brooklyn 99 and the new Ghost in the Shell anime), but now i just migth.

Thanks for the recommendation Frontier.
    It's only two seasons and an interactive special. Be easy to catch up .

peter getting screwed over in every way while the city is saved from the gangs is a perfect end for a show like spectacular
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Huh, alright then.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    peter getting screwed over in every way while the city is saved from the gangs is a perfect end for a show like spectacular
    It's also nice that some of the stuff he got screwed over were his own doing, not just "Parker Luck", like the whole situation with Gwen, he could always have dated her before Liz, even when Gwen made it obvious she's interested, but he was swept along, ended up with Liz, was a really lousy boyfriend, then ended up with neither... All of that nonsense could've been avoided if he was decisive.

It's also nice that some of the stuff he got screwed over were his own doing, not just "Parker Luck", like the whole situation with Gwen, he could always have dated her before Liz, even when Gwen made it obvious she's interested, but he was swept along, ended up with Liz, was a really lousy boyfriend, then ended up with neither... All of that nonsense could've been avoided if he was decisive.
    And almost violated the bro code with his best friend.

Huh, alright then.

Yeah MJ pointed that to him, as she said he got distracted to easily whenever a pretty girl showed interest, i'm pretty sure than that was a characther flaw that he was supposed to overcome later.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

And almost violated the bro code with his best friend.
    And he almost did it twice, and the second time he considered to do it right after Harry escaped from Green Goblin... He's a lousy boyfriend, and a terrible friend to boot .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah MJ pointed that to him, as she said he got distracted to easily whenever a pretty girl showed interest, i'm pretty sure than that was a characther flaw that he was supposed to overcome later.
    Interesting that the first episode shows part of that flaw right away when he's in school, 'cause he wanted to ask Sally out, and considering we also learn immediately that she's loud and obnoxious, was easy to see that Peter was only thinking about her looks since they knew each other already.

Wonder if they even know this is a trait Peter somewhat had back in Ditko's run, 'cause in ASM#15, Peter wanted to call Betty to go out, but she was pissed with him and refused, so he tried to call Liz right away out of spite... That was the only time Peter showed unfaithfulness like that, but it went nowhere since Liz also refused, plus, again, he did it out of spite, not because he was attracted to Liz, and earlier in the issue he said he didn't really care about her.