Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah MJ pointed that to him, as she said he got distracted to easily whenever a pretty girl showed interest, i'm pretty sure than that was a characther flaw that he was supposed to overcome later.
    Maybe the lesson with MJ would be that he ends up with the prettiest girl on the show but because he genuinely fell in love with her and not in love because of her looks .

Yeah MJ pointed that to him, as she said he got distracted to easily whenever a pretty girl showed interest, i'm pretty sure than that was a characther flaw that he was supposed to overcome later.
    Also just to point out, Spectacular Peter didn't even need a pretty girl to show interest on him for him to want to date the girl, and again, first episode shows this when he tries to ask her out, and it's very likely he was aware of that, and that shows up later when he kept trying to ask Betty out despite her being uncomfortable, and later again in the MJ scene you mentioned, although it's worth pointing out she just says he distracts easily, doesn't say he distracts easily because of girls, but his thoughts make it clear to the viewer he gets distracted because of girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe the lesson with MJ would be that he ends up with the prettiest girl on the show but because he genuinely fell in love with her and not in love because of her looks .
    Very likely this would be the case since it's kinda how it went in the comics, since Peter was rather blatantly distracted by how beautiful she is when they first met, but he stayed with her because of who she is as a person.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That sounds like a bad adaptation of Hydro-Man, guy's a dumbass .
    Well if Jackal is anything to go on...sometimes a "bad adaptation" is a good thing.

Makes you wonder why Otto bothers to let Electro fight though, he gets in the way pretty often lol.
    Electro was the youngest member of the Sinister Six...and BOY does it show! Oh to be in my early 20's again...(which was when this show was running haha). Something about Ock saying to Electro in the first interaction we've seen of them "I've taken a special interest in your case" made me think "yeah...he's there to be a battery". It's telling that Otto left Max to die along with Spider-Man and Gwen when his Master Plan was ruined. It's quite the interesting contrast to how he was before his accident (that was meant to kill him as a way to tie up loose ends), even lamenting Sandman's "death" in his lab...however when it came to the success of Rhino's transformation, he was rambling like a madman about his work...

It's also nice that some of the stuff he got screwed over were his own doing, not just "Parker Luck", like the whole situation with Gwen, he could always have dated her before Liz, even when Gwen made it obvious she's interested, but he was swept along, ended up with Liz, was a really lousy boyfriend, then ended up with neither... All of that nonsense could've been avoided if he was decisive.
    Yeah, I enjoy Peter actually genuinely screwing up over the Charlie Brown-esque "the universe is out to destroy him". It helps that in this show it seemed that Peter was actually learning from his mistakes. When me and my friend were binge watching season 1, he actually exclaimed "that's how you got in trouble last time!" when Peter went to the lab at night to take pictures of the symbiote. In season 2 when Molten Man gets defeated, he doesn't take pictures. It's also worth noting that Peter didn't antagonize Mark the way he did Max (which drove the latter more nuts). I can only imagine when he finds himself in a similar situation with another Halloween themed mythical creature, he won't blurt out "I know you're [insert name here]!", giving the man behind the mask the idea that it is time to hurry up and find an alibi.

We started to see cracks in Mary Jane's armor in Subtext ESPECIALLY the scene where Peter and Liz are embracing and she's off to the side by herself. I'm wondering if MJ would have gotten closer to Peter now that they were both single...I'd imagine this would cause some drama with Gwen (who is trapped in an emotionally abusive relationship)... Also...is it worth mentioning that Harry was more concerned with trying to keep Gwen on a leash at his father's funeral than he was about mourning his father? Also I wonder how much trouble Oscorp would be in now that Norman is publicly known as the Green Goblin (I'm sure both Adrian Toomes and Otto Octavius are cracking a bottle of champagne). While we didn't get to see the aftermath of Norman being unmasked in public, Greg did say that Norman's funeral was so bare (for a man of his status) BECAUSE his masked extra curricular activities was now public knowledge.

You know, now that i think about it, Toomes vs Norman could have been fun, i always wanted to know how Adrian would react to him being the Green Goblin.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also just to point out, Spectacular Peter didn't even need a pretty girl to show interest on him for him to want to date the girl, and again, first episode shows this when he tries to ask her out, and it's very likely he was aware of that, and that shows up later when he kept trying to ask Betty out despite her being uncomfortable, and later again in the MJ scene you mentioned, although it's worth pointing out she just says he distracts easily, doesn't say he distracts easily because of girls, but his thoughts make it clear to the viewer he gets distracted because of girls.

Very likely this would be the case since it's kinda how it went in the comics, since Peter was rather blatantly distracted by how beautiful she is when they first met, but he stayed with her because of who she is as a person.
    I mean in that same scene he got distracted by MJ prettt face, i was seeing that show when i was 12 and my reaction was "seriously man, paid attention to what she is saying is life saving advice" lol

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

That would make sense (Peter did screw up along those lines and the show did hold him accountable for it). From what Weiseman has said in interviews, it sounds like the plan was to mirror the comics inasmuch as Peter and MJ ultimately getting together in/post-college and Peter himself maturing in how to handle relationships like that would be a decent character arc for him.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

You know, now that i think about it, Toomes vs Norman could have been fun, i always wanted to know how Adrian would react to him being the Green Goblin.
    Toomes and the Goblin gives me bad Marvel's Spider-Man flashbacks...
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That would make sense (Peter did screw up along those lines and the show did hold him accountable for it). From what Weiseman has said in interviews, it sounds like the plan was to mirror the comics inasmuch as Peter and MJ ultimately getting together in/post-college and Peter himself maturing in how to handle relationships like that would be a decent character arc for him.
    Unfortunately playing the long-game doesn't pay out when you get canceled too soon .

Toomes and the Goblin gives me bad Marvel's Spider-Man flashbacks...

Unfortunately playing the long-game doesn't pay out when you get canceled too soon .
    Vulture was the Goblin King isn't it?.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Also I wonder how much trouble Oscorp would be in now that Norman is publicly known as the Green Goblin (I'm sure both Adrian Toomes and Otto Octavius are cracking a bottle of champagne). While we didn't get to see the aftermath of Norman being unmasked in public, Greg did say that Norman's funeral was so bare (for a man of his status) BECAUSE his masked extra curricular activities was now public knowledge.
    I remember hearing the idea that the nature of the globulin green and how much it could've influenced Norman's actions could've actually bought him some post-mortem sympathy from people. Especially since Harry had his blackouts and never knew that his father (supposedly) had more control of himself, so he would think he was as much of a victim.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I remember hearing the idea that the nature of the globulin green and how much it could've influenced Norman's actions could've actually bought him some post-mortem sympathy from people. Especially since Harry had his blackouts and never knew that his father (supposedly) had more control of himself, so he would think he was as much of a victim.
    Something that may have been explored in future seasons.

Vulture was the Goblin King isn't it?.
    Yeah. The show had a very...weird take on the Goblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Not too different from how Norman spun his condition during Dark Reign.

He didn't seem to have split-personalities in the cartoon but no reasonably sane man would act the way he does as The Goblin. Compare it to how he normally is and you could almost believe it was split-personalities.

Sometimes you gotta take that gamble and when it pays off, the results are usually better then when you just play it safe.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Sometimes you gotta take that gamble and when it pays off, the results are usually better then when you just play it safe.
    But sometimes the results could be so much more if the gamble played out like you were hoping it would...

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Exactly. No risk, no reward.

I despise "safe" television.

Quality is quality in my book .