Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    MJ really didn't want to get close with anyone, rather obvious when she started to get close with Mark too, and they both insisted that they weren't actually dating, only for MJ to eventually admit that she cares for him.

There's also this video Kevin posted a few pages ago:

https://youtu.be/ks2l19CZHy0?t=186

Here Weisman talks about MJ specifically avoiding Peter and Flash because she could see herself caring about either, and she doesn't want that in this "fresh start" in high school, and we can somewhat see that, not her specifically thinking she could care about either of them, but her so blatantly not admitting she cares about Mark.
    Which is a fair take from comic Mary Jane's stance on relationships.

Don't know if this is the case for Netflix in other countries, but the first season of the show is now available, at least in my region anyway.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Don't know if this is the case for Netflix in other countries, but the first season of the show is now available, at least in my region anyway.
    I'm assuming you're talking about Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about Venezuela.
    Yeah it is.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Actually, it's both seasons, but Netflix screwed up and lists both as "Season 1":

Would be really dumb if Netflix got a 12 year old cartoon and decided to include only one of the seasons...

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, guess I'll use it the next time I want to binge watch it, think next time will be the 4th one...

Actually, it's both seasons, but Netflix screwed up and lists both as "Season 1":

Would be really dumb if Netflix got a 12 year old cartoon and decided to include only one of the seasons...

Anyways, thanks for the heads up, guess I'll use it the next time I want to binge watch it, think next time will be the 4th one...
    Yeah i just checked, i didn't take a look to the number episodes this morning.

Your welcome, besides i was looking for a excuse binge wacth it myself, so this is perfect. I still should finish the other 3 series that i was watching first lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Didn't think Jason would end up showing up eventualy... Then again, considering Sally shows up once in a while to destroy the viewer's hearing, not surprising Jason would show up eventually.

And wasn't Seymour's name only mentioned in the credits or something?
    I THINK Mark called him by name when he was pulled aside to talk about betting...But I may be mistaken and it may be like the Vault warden (Matthew Resnick) where we only know his name via the credits.

You know, I wonder why Sony hasn't released full versions of the first season (with all of the small deleted scenes like Rhino punching a bullet in Invisible Hand, the Enforcers extracting Shocker after the Sinister Six's spanking in Group Therapy, and Phineas Mason and Quentin Beck's escape from prison, etc.)

I just thought of Dr Bromwell in this series...was he, trying to hit on May? What in the HIPPA hell?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I just thought of Dr Bromwell in this series...was he, trying to hit on May? What in the HIPPA hell?
    That's something that was actually adapted from the comics. The only difference is that Aunt May isn't interested here.

I THINK Mark called him by name when he was pulled aside to talk about betting...But I may be mistaken and it may be like the Vault warden (Matthew Resnick) where we only know his name via the credits.
    Really minor either way lol.

You know, I wonder why Sony hasn't released full versions of the first season (with all of the small deleted scenes like Rhino punching a bullet in Invisible Hand, the Enforcers extracting Shocker after the Sinister Six's spanking in Group Therapy, and Phineas Mason and Quentin Beck's escape from prison, etc.)
    Good question, maybe it's because they're pissed with Disney and don't wanna bother with Spectacular too much... So just releases are good enough lol.

Those deleted scenes sound odd to be deleted though, I assume the Rhino one is censorship, but the rest add cool details which are better to be seen.

Well, Peter had to get this, magnetism, of the opposite sex from someone, didn't he? .

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That's something that was actually adapted from the comics. The only difference is that Aunt May isn't interested here.
    Really? Huh, didn't think that guy did more than be just, uh, at doctor in the comics lol.

There are deleted scenes? first time i'm hearing about it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

There are deleted scenes? first time i'm hearing about it.
    Yeah, I think they were part of the plan for each DVD set of three episodes to function as a "movie."

Mighty Member

And only one set actually came out as the DVD movie "Attack of the Lizard". It had more seamless transitions for episodic and commercial breaks. I think the only deleted scene I recall from that is Vin Gonzales firing a realistic gun at the Lizard. The others were just standard three-episode releases, which was a shame, especially since I had to wait for the first season release and way longer for season two.

I think the Rhino bullet punch scene is the only deleted scene outside of "AotL" that's been released. I think Greg showed the Enforcers break-out at some cons.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I think the Rhino bullet punch scene is the only deleted scene outside of "AotL" that's been released. I think Greg showed the Enforcers break-out at some cons.
    Back in the days when cartoon Rhino was just a guy in the suit and not a mutated Rhino-man...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think they were part of the plan for each DVD set of three episodes to function as a "movie."
    That sounds dumb, to release so many dvds instead of just one or two with the extras lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Back in the days when cartoon Rhino was just a guy in the suit and not a mutated Rhino-man...
    Considering that Spectacular decided to mutate Kraven for whatever reason, yeah.

Also, what the hell? Did that happen in the most recent cartoon or Ultimate? Or both? Man I'm really not keeping up with this bullshit if so lol.

Also, one thing that's explicitly pointed out, but happens a lot, is that this is a world where people abandon their previous personality and/or motivation when taking the new names they chose, and don't like to be called the previous one, Electro is most blatant one about it, but it happens with almost everyone, Rhino doesn't care about stealing jewels anymore and he only likes to be called Rhino, Otto stopped being the weak man he used to be and he's only Doctor Octopus, Sandman is okay with being called his normal name, and he didn't change his motivations as he still wants his big score, Eddie abandoned his past all for the sake of revenge and he's just "Venom" now, Vulture stopped letting people walk all over him and is using his science to be a villain... Sandman and Enforcers are ones we see who are exceptions, as they're more or less the same before and after, Norman is an oddball, as he's closer to Spidey in how he keeps both sides of his life, and it's possible Green Goblin is just him playing a role (Although one episode has him talking about some culture taking on a personality when they put on a mask, so it could be his case, or how the Goblin Serum manifests), and on the heroic side, we have Peter obviously keeping both sides, which makes it surprising that when symbiote was having some control over him, he didn't consider to go by "The Spider", as a reference to when Peter briefly tried to abandon the "Peter" side of his life in the 90's, would be fitting here.

Also, what the hell? Did that happen in the most recent cartoon or Ultimate? Or both? Man I'm really not keeping up with this bullshit if so lol.
    Both. They even had a whole group of mutated Rhino's in the final season of Marvel's Spider-Man.