Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, Peter had to get this, magnetism, of the opposite sex from someone, didn't he? .
    But they're not biologically related...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Both. They even had a whole group of mutated Rhino's in the final season of Marvel's Spider-Man.
    It's Spectacular Rhino's worst nightmare .

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But they're not biologically related...
    Ah, right, I tend to forget that detail lol.

But I guess just the name "Parker" can have those benefits, and the dreaded Parker Luck, as aunt May's luck in relationships is worse than Peter's .

Mighty Member

Also, one thing that's explicitly pointed out, but happens a lot, is that this is a world where people abandon their previous personality and/or motivation when taking the new names they chose, and don't like to be called the previous one, Electro is most blatant one about it, but it happens with almost everyone, Rhino doesn't care about stealing jewels anymore and he only likes to be called Rhino, Otto stopped being the weak man he used to be and he's only Doctor Octopus, Sandman is okay with being called his normal name, and he didn't change his motivations as he still wants his big score, Eddie abandoned his past all for the sake of revenge and he's just "Venom" now, Vulture stopped letting people walk all over him and is using his science to be a villain... Sandman and Enforcers are ones we see who are exceptions, as they're more or less the same before and after, Norman is an oddball, as he's closer to Spidey in how he keeps both sides of his life, and it's possible Green Goblin is just him playing a role (Although one episode has him talking about some culture taking on a personality when they put on a mask, so it could be his case, or how the Goblin Serum manifests), and on the heroic side, we have Peter obviously keeping both sides, which makes it surprising that when symbiote was having some control over him, he didn't consider to go by "The Spider", as a reference to when Peter briefly tried to abandon the "Peter" side of his life in the 90's, would be fitting here.

You know...Electro was the only one who really completely abandoned his previous name. The villains who knew each other personally before supervillainy called each other by their actual names Vulture and Ock called each other by first name and Sandman and Rhino call each other by their last names... Though...Eddie did go crazy from the last we saw him and was calling himself Venom without the symbiote.

However if your REALLY want devotion to supervillainy you should have seen Shocker in the 90's cartoon. We only assume he's Herman Shultz because we are just going by what is in the comics, but we definitely don't know who is the man behind that mask. He was even locked up in that suit.
    Shocker.jpg

That sounds dumb, to release so many dvds instead of just one or two with the extras lol.
    The worst part is that they didn't release any of the extras...Since we aren't getting the show back it'd be nice to get EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 12-23-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know...Electro was the only one who really completely abandoned his previous name. The villains who knew each other personally before supervillainy called each other by their actual names Vulture and Ock called each other by first name and Sandman and Rhino call each other by their last names... Though...Eddie did go crazy from the last we saw him and was calling himself Venom without the symbiote.

However if your REALLY want devotion to supervillainy you should have seen Shocker in the 90's cartoon. We only assume he's Herman Shultz because we are just going by what is in the comics, but we definitely don't know who is the man behind that mask. He was even locked up in that suit.
    Shocker.jpg

The worst part is that they didn't release any of the extras...Since we aren't getting the show back it'd be nice to get EVERYTHING.
    "There's no more Herman Schultz, there is only SHOCKERRRR!"
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I just finished the first season and a small detail that i noticed is that Peter keep the gene cleanser in a web under his desk for almost a whole season...so the 1 hour limit doesn't exist here? unless that Peter was fixing that everyday lol.

I'm probably thinking about it more than the showrunners did but i couldn't help myself lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

That sounds dumb, to release so many dvds instead of just one or two with the extras lol.
    That was back in the days where companies would put out random episodes of shows on VHS and DVD instead of proper season releases back in the day. These day, you're lucky if a cartoon makes it to DVD/BD at all.

You know...Electro was the only one who really completely abandoned his previous name. The villains who knew each other personally before supervillainy called each other by their actual names Vulture and Ock called each other by first name and Sandman and Rhino call each other by their last names...
    Hm, I remember when Spidey called Rhino by his name, Rhino corrected him, and Otto and Vulture did show preference to their villain names, at least when they first chose 'em... I was wrong that most of 'em went as far as Electro then, but still noticeable that the ones who mind it less are the ones who didn't change as dramatically.

Thinking of it, I remember Otto called Electro "Maxwell" in season 1 episode 11, which Electro didn't bitch about (Though he did ask to be called Electro later), maybe using the previous name is an intimacy thing lol.

However if your REALLY want devotion to supervillainy you should have seen Shocker in the 90's cartoon. We only assume he's Herman Shultz because we are just going by what is in the comics, but we definitely don't know who is the man behind that mask.
    Shocker.jpg
    Funny to think that we don't know for sure who the Shocker from Spectacular is either, 'cause while he's called "Montana", we don't know if his real name is Jackson Brice, so he could be Jackson who became Shocker, or Herman who was Montana before becoming Shocker, or someone with a new name who got both identities lol.

Personally I think could be better to be Jackson, more so because the story potential we can get from that, since the Shocker costume was stolen from... Someone, which they never clear up who made, and all we know is that it's from some company (Or at least something big enough to have hired security, who also tried to call someone else for help when the truck was being stolen), I think it could be interesting if it was Herman who made it, and he could be another scientist who makes super-villains (And could be a decent enough idea for him to be the one who makes Scorpion's suit), or to have him eventually become a villain, maybe Shocker with a more advanced suit, or another suit altogether.

Yeah, sucks they're not selling the best possible product, 'cause for sure fans would want to buy that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I just finished the first season and a small detail that i noticed is that Peter keep the gene cleanser in a web under his desk for almost a whole season...so the 1 hour limit doesn't exist here? unless that Peter was fixing that everyday lol.

I'm probably thinking about it more than the showrunners did but i couldn't help myself lol.
    I think Spidey mentions at some point the time limit is one hour, and if so, definitely a plot hole lol.

And hey, the show has a lot of thought put behind stuff with the explanation of small details it tends to have, which helps to make it so great, so if a screw up like that happens it's noticeable... And thinking of it, it's stupid he left the gene cleanser in plain sight covered by webs anyways, what if aunt May went to his room and saw it? It's not even hidden, she could find it while cleaning his room or whatever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    That was back in the days where companies would put out random episodes of shows on VHS and DVD instead of proper season releases back in the day. These day, you're lucky if a cartoon makes it to DVD/BD at all.
    Yeah, back then, sure, but couldn't it eventually get a proper release after a few years?

At least it's on Netflix now, the dream would be if Netflix included the deleted scenes in the episodes themselves, but not the case...

Shocker.jpg
    I think that image is from the Insidous Six episode where at some point Spidey shorts his suit out and he has to bail out in his skivvies before it blows up.
    Funny to think that we don't know for sure who the Shocker from Spectacular is either, 'cause while he's called "Montana", we don't know if his real name is Jackson Brice, so he could be Jackson who became Shocker, or Herman who was Montana before becoming Shocker, or someone with a new name who got both identities lol.

Personally I think could be better to be Jackson, more so because the story potential we can get from that, since the Shocker costume was stolen from... Someone, which they never clear up who made, and all we know is that it's from some company (Or at least something big enough to have hired security, who also tried to call someone else for help when the truck was being stolen), I think it could be interesting if it was Herman who made it, and he could be another scientist who makes super-villains (And could be a decent enough idea for him to be the one who makes Scorpion's suit), or to have him eventually become a villain, maybe Shocker with a more advanced suit, or another suit altogether.
    I could totally have seen Spec splitting the difference and making Montana's real name Herman Schultz.

Ironically the MCU kept both Shockers and had Brice where an approximation of the Shocker costume and called himself The Shocker before Toomes killed him and gave it to Schultz. Guess we won't be seeing The Enforcers in the MCU.

Mighty Member

Yeah, back then, sure, but couldn't it eventually get a proper release after a few years?
    It did. Like I said, they released the complete second season years later. They also released the entire series on both DVD and Blu-Ray. The only way you can improve that is with new extra features or the "movie cuts" of the season 1 arcs.

At least it's on Netflix now, the dream would be if Netflix included the deleted scenes in the episodes themselves, but not the case...
    It's not out in every Netflix. I don't even know what the US situation is since it got removed from Crackle recently.

Mighty Member

Should we start demanding a "Cook/Wiesman Cut"? Sony has already spent the extra money on animating and voicing these scenes. When it comes to season 2 whatever Norman said in Final Curtain regarding his vulnerability in the first episode of the series, and the stuff with Betty and Ned that was cut for time. I don't understand not just throwing everything on the table since there really is nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that image is from the Insidous Six episode where at some point Spidey shorts his suit out and he has to bail out in his skivvies before it blows up.

I could totally have seen Spec splitting the difference and making Montana's real name Herman Schultz.

Ironically the MCU kept both Shockers and had Brice where an approximation of the Shocker costume and called himself The Shocker before Toomes killed him and gave it to Schultz. Guess we won't be seeing The Enforcers in the MCU.
    For all the complaining that Shocker's name wasn't Herman Shultz back in the day, I find it kind of hilarious that the character's name was really inconsequential prior to Spectacular and after Spectacular...

Hm, I remember when Spidey called Rhino by his name, Rhino corrected him, and Otto and Vulture did show preference to their villain names, at least when they first chose 'em... I was wrong that most of 'em went as far as Electro then, but still noticeable that the ones who mind it less are the ones who didn't change as dramatically.

Thinking of it, I remember Otto called Electro "Maxwell" in season 1 episode 11, which Electro didn't bitch about (Though he did ask to be called Electro later), maybe using the previous name is an intimacy thing lol.
    Yeah, I think Electro was the only one who was so vehemently against referring to himself by his actual name. Which is kind of funny in the fact that he was the only one who actually wanted to revert back to his previous life. I remember it being mentioned elsewhere that Maxwell didn't completely embrace the supervillain lifestyle like other villains did. So he didn't want people to get confused between the man of Maxell Dillon (who would have a normal life) and the monster of Electro (villain).

Otto even came up with an extra moniker with "Master Planner" which he was still called when referring to him as a mob boss. (I remember hearing the name after the Master Planner arc...which is cool that they didn't completely abandon the nom de plume after it became common knowledge that Octavius and the Master Planner were one in the same)

The Shocker suit was actually stolen from Tri Corp, which apparently is competing against Oscorp in the super mercenary field.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

Ha, just thinking on how high Spider-Man hung Ox up in the first episode...while he's fine as we see him show up again...it would be quite disastrous if the crane got stuck in NYC traffic on the way to that building.

Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Should we start demanding a "Cook/Wiesman Cut"? Sony has already spent the extra money on animating and voicing these scenes. When it comes to season 2 whatever Norman said in Final Curtain regarding his vulnerability in the first episode of the series, and the stuff with Betty and Ned that was cut for time. I don't understand not just throwing everything on the table since there really is nothing to lose.
    Preview for the final interview episode of "Spectacular Radio"... Marvel sued Sony to prevent the "movie cuts" from being released. Only the episodes as they aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Preview for the final interview episode of "Spectacular Radio"... Marvel sued Sony to prevent the "movie cuts" from being released. Only the episodes as they aired.
    The Spider-Man animation rights confuse the hell out of me. We're not allowed to have nice things cause Marvel wants to sue cause they think they can do better or something (I know that's not the rationale but I'm bitter how they treat this show like a pimple they want to block lol).
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 12-24-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    The Spider-Man animation rights confuse the hell out of me. We're not allowed to have nice things cause Marvel wants to sue cause they think they can do better or something (I know that's not the rationale but I'm bitter how they treat this show like a pimple they want to block lol).
    I'm not going to lie, I don't understand all of the legal mumbo jumbo and I'm sure it's more complicated than Disney being vindictive (though this SPECIFIC revelation makes me wonder). I understand that it was cheaper to produce Ultimate than continue Spectacular, and as a business, you want to be as cheap as possible, and I've accepted that...however some of these decisions make me think "How much of a threat to you can this dead show be?!" it almost makes me glad that Sony has a strangle hold on the character outside of animation.

I'm not going to lie, I don't understand all of the legal mumbo jumbo and I'm sure it's more complicated than Disney being vindictive (though this SPECIFIC revelation makes me wonder). I understand that it was cheaper to produce Ultimate than continue Spectacular, and as a business, you want to be as cheap as possible, and I've accepted that...however some of these decisions make me think "How much of a threat to you can this dead show be?!" it almost makes me glad that Sony has a strangle hold on the character outside of animation.
    Overall the Sony stranglehold has both led to some bad things where execs up top didn't know what to do but also some very good creative-driven things that Marvel would not have done: Spectacular, the MTV show (underrated in my opinion), Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spider-Verse, I'm sure the PlayStation games deal fits in there somehow now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Overall the Sony stranglehold has both led to some bad things where execs up top didn't know what to do but also some very good creative-driven things that Marvel would not have done: Spectacular, the MTV show (underrated in my opinion), Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spider-Verse, I'm sure the PlayStation games deal fits in there somehow now too.
    Considering the fact that the PlayStation Games are called "Marvel's Spider-man" They probably are run by Marvel