Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Considering the fact that the PlayStation Games are called "Marvel's Spider-man" They probably are run by Marvel
    Well I'm sure Sony has something to do with it considering it's an exclusive for their console that went into production right after Activision's license ran up lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could totally have seen Spec splitting the difference and making Montana's real name Herman Schultz.

Ironically the MCU kept both Shockers and had Brice where an approximation of the Shocker costume and called himself The Shocker before Toomes killed him and gave it to Schultz. Guess we won't be seeing The Enforcers in the MCU.
    Unless Herman has to downgrade and he uses a lasso, essentially replacing Jackson .

Wasn't aware that Jackson was the one Vulture killed though lol.

Would be funny for a cartoon have Montana who's possibly Jackson upgrade to Shocker, and movie have Shocker downgrade to Montana .

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    It did. Like I said, they released the complete second season years later. They also released the entire series on both DVD and Blu-Ray. The only way you can improve that is with new extra features or the "movie cuts" of the season 1 arcs.
    Yeah, that's what I meant, a release with all extras.

It's not out in every Netflix. I don't even know what the US situation is since it got removed from Crackle recently.
    So annoying how arbitrary Netflix can be with what gets released or removed where lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    For all the complaining that Shocker's name wasn't Herman Shultz back in the day, I find it kind of hilarious that the character's name was really inconsequential prior to Spectacular and after Spectacular...
    Yeah, whoever was inside the costume was always an irrelevant detail since he mostly showed up with the costume... It's to the point that on the few times we see the guy inside of the costume, he was actually white, but then he randomly got black washed (I think that happened in Spencer's Superio Foes, and at most he was still white in Big Time), but since whoever is inside the suit was never important, nobody cared, or noticed lol.

Yeah, I think Electro was the only one who was so vehemently against referring to himself by his actual name. Which is kind of funny in the fact that he was the only one who actually wanted to revert back to his previous life. I remember it being mentioned elsewhere that Maxwell didn't completely embrace the supervillain lifestyle like other villains did. So he didn't want people to get confused between the man of Maxell Dillon (who would have a normal life) and the monster of Electro (villain).
    Urgh, so many details about this cartoon that they didn't bother to actually talk about in the cartoon itself... At least it's not YJ's "Entire story arcs happen off-screen with barely any explanation" nonsense, but still lol.

Otto even came up with an extra moniker with "Master Planner" which he was still called when referring to him as a mob boss. (I remember hearing the name after the Master Planner arc...which is cool that they didn't completely abandon the nom de plume after it became common knowledge that Octavius and the Master Planner were one in the same)
    If Otto still used it even after being found out, I think he kept doing it because he sees it as his equivalent to "Big Man of Crime", 'cause if Norman and Hammerhead's obssession is any hint, some names are powerful titles that characters may want... I wouldn't be surprised if Hobgoblin would do something similar, trying to get this "Green Goblin" title, or at least have his own be on the same level, or better.

The Shocker suit was actually stolen from Tri Corp, which apparently is competing against Oscorp in the super mercenary field.
    ****, another detail I missed lol.

That only makes me really think that Tricorp would be the ones to make Scorpion happen... Specially since a previous science partner Otto had works there, so there's possibly more... I wonder how they would be set apart from Oscorp, maybe by having more villains? 'Cause Oscorp was mostly Norman telling people to do ****, maybe Tricorp could be a group.

Ha, just thinking on how high Spider-Man hung Ox up in the first episode...while he's fine as we see him show up again...it would be quite disastrous if the crane got stuck in NYC traffic on the way to that building.
    With the amount of destruction the city has when a super-villain in on a rampage, a crane falling in the streets could be considered a lucky day for new yorkers .

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Preview for the final interview episode of "Spectacular Radio"... Marvel sued Sony to prevent the "movie cuts" from being released. Only the episodes as they aired.
    Urgh, that sucks...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, whoever was inside the costume was always an irrelevant detail since he mostly showed up with the costume... It's to the point that on the few times we see the guy inside of the costume, he was actually white, but then he randomly got black washed (I think that happened in Spencer's Superio Foes, and at most he was still white in Big Time), but since whoever is inside the suit was never important, nobody cared, or noticed lol.
    Haha just thinking of the "Shocker" in the MCU how it went from the white guy to the black guy...or was it the other way around...Yeah the fact I don't even remember which character was which just shows how expendable the man behind the mask is haha.

Urgh, so many details about this cartoon that they didn't bother to actually talk about in the cartoon itself... At least it's not YJ's "Entire story arcs happen off-screen with barely any explanation" nonsense, but still lol.
    I'm wondering where something like this would have come up...as is really an internal character thing. Maybe in a session between Electro and Dr. Kafka....Then again, with this series for all we know the scenes where there but were cut for time due to being irrelevant to Peter, and Disney/Marvel tells Sony "Don't you EVER show that stuff!!"

If Otto still used it even after being found out, I think he kept doing it because he sees it as his equivalent to "Big Man of Crime", 'cause if Norman and Hammerhead's obssession is any hint, some names are powerful titles that characters may want... I wouldn't be surprised if Hobgoblin would do something similar, trying to get this "Green Goblin" title, or at least have his own be on the same level, or better.
    I can see that. Otto's version of the title "Big Man of Crime"...I'm wondering if the Goblin got any loyalists to his cause. It'd be easy for the Hobgoblin to take the mantle of "The Goblin" for the Gang War continuation. I can imagine Norman getting annoyed that his brand becomes generic where any goblin can step in.

****, another detail I missed lol.

That only makes me really think that Tricorp would be the ones to make Scorpion happen... Specially since a previous science partner Otto had works there, so there's possibly more... I wonder how they would be set apart from Oscorp, maybe by having more villains? 'Cause Oscorp was mostly Norman telling people to do ****, maybe Tricorp could be a group.
    Yeah Norman mentions in it in the Shocker episode. We even got Dr Ted Twaki (who oversaw Doc Ock in comics at the Atomic Research Center) as Otto's former employer prior to Oscorp. Interestingly Oscorp is knocked down a notch thanks to Norman's exposure as a costumed criminal...The only thing I would wonder about is Jonah...who would definitely probably do things "legally".

Haha just thinking of the "Shocker" in the MCU how it went from the white guy to the black guy...or was it the other way around...Yeah the fact I don't even remember which character was which just shows how expendable the man behind the mask is haha.
    Or the movie just didn't spend enough time building them up.

I wonder if people forget Tinkerer was in that movie...

Or the movie just didn't spend enough time building them up.

I had a hard time remembering anyone that was Vulture or the guy that tried to stop Peter from leaving the school. Was Gargan the thug that Toomes killed by accident?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had a hard time remembering anyone that was Vulture or the guy that tried to stop Peter from leaving the school. Was Gargan the thug that Toomes killed by accident?
    Never mind i checked. Gargan was the criminal that reunited with Toomes in the ferry.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I think the black guy is the one who got killed, but I'm really not sure... Then again I didn't even remember the skin color of either Shocker lol.

Also just remembered that Shocker was still white in Spider-Island, I dunno why I thought of Big Time...

I'm wondering where something like this would have come up...as is really an internal character thing. Maybe in a session between Electro and Dr. Kafka....Then again, with this series for all we know the scenes where there but were cut for time due to being irrelevant to Peter, and Disney/Marvel tells Sony "Don't you EVER show that stuff!!"
    Hm, I think in the Captain Jupiter episode, we see Electro rambling that he's Electro, not Max (Really not unlike John Jameson's rambling about wanting the power back), even though he was alone in a room and he was screaming that at passerbys, so he was more aggressive about that than usual (Which can be understandable since the staff probably calls him "Electro"), it's very possible this would either be discussed eventually, or maybe we'd see Kafka talking about it, or reviewing a footage with her talking to him, and him admitting his thoughts.

I can see that. Otto's version of the title "Big Man of Crime"...I'm wondering if the Goblin got any loyalists to his cause.
    Hard to say, he was only the "Big Man" for a short time, maybe not even a month, and he wasn't too public about it before Spidey confirmed he's back too.

At the very least, he'd have people who admire him in a way, 'cause it's very likely Hobgoblin would be inspired by him, while probably trying to surpass him.

It'd be easy for the Hobgoblin to take the mantle of "The Goblin" for the Gang War continuation. I can imagine Norman getting annoyed that his brand becomes generic where any goblin can step in.
    Hm, not sure about Norman caring that much, he mostly follows Weisman's usual villain pragmatism, so he avoids petty pride, unless it's about apologizing lol.

Then again, if Norman actually was influenced by the Goblin Serum (As apparently that's a possibility, even though the cartoon doesn't make that look like the case), it's possible the Green Goblin side would be annoyed.

Yeah Norman mentions in it in the Shocker episode. We even got Dr Ted Twaki (who oversaw Doc Ock in comics at the Atomic Research Center) as Otto's former employer prior to Oscorp.
    Yeah Spectacular has a bunch of info that gets dropped for possible future storylines like that, and here I thought Tricorp was only involved with that battery Norman used lol.

Interestingly Oscorp is knocked down a notch thanks to Norman's exposure as a costumed criminal...The only thing I would wonder about is Jonah...who would definitely probably do things "legally".
    Well, if the Shocker costume is any hint, Tricorp may do more "legal" experiments with the super mercenaries, so it's possible Scorpion would be a "legal" one, or JJ would think it's the case.

So many possibilities lol.

I really didn't remember that lol.

Also, back in episode 8, when Otto becomes Doctor Octopus, why did Norman even try to get him killed? Was it to get rid of him in case Spidey managed to deduce that it was Oscorp behind the super-villains, and killing him would make it look like Oscorp can't make more of 'em? 'Cause that'd be stupid...

Also, back in episode 8, when Otto becomes Doctor Octopus, why did Norman even try to get him killed? Was it to get rid of him in case Spidey managed to deduce that it was Oscorp behind the super-villains, and killing him would make it look like Oscorp can't make more of 'em? 'Cause that'd be stupid.
    I thought that it was just part of his plan to keep Tombstone and Hammerhead from suspecting him, he mentions when Hammy accuses him of helping Goblin that he lost his top scientist thanks to him. Either that or he did it for kicks.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also you could see that Otto has some weird fixation in the animal kingdom when he was turning O'Hirn into Rhino, maybe that was the first hint that he was gonna bring Kravinoff to New York lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I thought that it was just part of his plan to keep Tombstone and Hammerhead from suspecting him, he mentions when Hammy accuses him of helping Goblin that he lost his top scientist thanks to him. Either that or he did it for kicks.
    Hm, yeah, that would explain why he did that, plus why Norman returned to try to save Otto too, 'cause it'd make it look like it was only an attack that Otto was fortunate enough to survive, so it would make him look less suspicious and keep everything the same... But he could never predict "Doctor Octopus" to come out from that lol.

Also you could see that Otto has some weird fixation in the animal kingdom when he was turning O'Hirn into Rhino, maybe that was the first hint that he was gonna bring Kravinoff to New York lol.
    Lol, never thought of it like that.

Also, will never stop finding it funny how Kraven thought Spidey was an amazing specimen, by seeing pictures, 'cause he somehow can tell the kind of powers Spidey has from 'em... So silly lol.

You mean Shocker ?

Man, I know people praise Homecoming for not overcrowding the film with villains but I never realized it did so by making everyone but Vulture forgettable. I guess that's effective in its own right.
    Hm, yeah, that would explain why he did that, plus why Norman returned to try to save Otto too, 'cause it'd make it look like it was only an attack that Otto was fortunate enough to survive, so it would make him look less suspicious and keep everything the same... But he could never predict "Doctor Octopus" to come out from that lol..
    You've got to be careful about derisive nicknames in a Superhero setting...it usually ends up giving Supervillains their names.

Man, I know people praise Homecoming for not overcrowding the film with villains but I never realized it did so by making everyone but Vulture forgettable. I guess that's effective in its own right.
    Not in a good way though lol.

You've got to be careful about derisive nicknames in a Superhero setting...it usually ends up giving Supervillains their names.
    I mean, Norman only has a 50% success rate with that, since Toomes doesn't go by "buzzard" .

Astonishing Member

MJ really didn't want to get close with anyone, rather obvious when she started to get close with Mark too, and they both insisted that they weren't actually dating, only for MJ to eventually admit that she cares for him.

There's also this video Kevin posted a few pages ago:

https://youtu.be/ks2l19CZHy0?t=186

Here Weisman talks about MJ specifically avoiding Peter and Flash because she could see herself caring about either, and she doesn't want that in this "fresh start" in high school, and we can somewhat see that, not her specifically thinking she could care about either of them, but her so blatantly not admitting she cares about Mark.
    MJ's attraction to Mark could have been a subtle hint that she is attracted to men that like to live a bit dangerously. Peter is similar to Mark in some ways. He leads a double life which he keeps secret from his family, and when he is Spider-Man he hangs around in the same underworld that Mark did, and even interacts with some of the same characters (Blackie, Green Goblin). Mark would have added fuel to MJ's anxiety of Peter getting killed as Spider-Man (if she ever found out) for many years to come. And I'm sure the subplot with Betty Brant's brother from the Lee/Ditko era probably served as some inspiration for MJ and Mark's relationship and for why MJ would probably want to avoid Peter even more after Season 2.

I really like how there were no signs in the show of Peter and MJ being meant to be together. Paradoxically I feel it made their relationship in the show seem even more romantic if you read comics. The fact they're barely on each other's radar but will eventually have a love that comes "once a Millenia" (to quote the only good line from OMD) makes their relationship seem more real, since a lot of couples are like that in real life and fall in love when they least expect it with whom they least expect.

Weisman ironically played with the idea that "maybe it's not meant to be" between Peter and MJ more than a lot of comic writers did. Dare I say, the airport scene from JMS' run would work even better in this universe than it did in 616. (Which isn't to say it didn't work in 616, because it totally did).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 12-27-2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    MI really like how there were no signs in the show of Peter and MJ being meant to be together. Paradoxically I feel it made their relationship in the show seem even more romantic if you read comics. The fact they're barely on each other's radar but will eventually have a love that comes "once a Millenia" (to quote the only good line from OMD) makes their relationship seem more real, since a lot of couples are like that in real life and fall in love when they least expect it with whom they least expect.

Weisman ironically played with the idea that "maybe it's not meant to be" between Peter and MJ more than a lot of comic writers did. Dare I say, the airport scene from JMS' run would work even better in this universe than it did in 616. (Which isn't to say it didn't work in 616, because it totally did).
    I mean, the Spider-Man heart that appeared in MJ's debut episodes was pretty explicit to me...

Astonishing Member

I mean, the Spider-Man heart that appeared in MJ's debut episodes was pretty explicit to me...
    That was just in that episode. I think starting with episode 8, MJ told Peter they're "not exclusive" and the rest of the show treats MJ as just another female friend of Peter's.