Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'd give the nod to B:TAS over Spectacular Spider-Man. B: TAS may have had some weak episodes but it had higher highs. Both B: TAS and TSSM are the two best comci book cartoons of all time.
    I's have to agree with you, and I'm not even a massive Batman fan. While the low of BTAS were pretty damn low, the highs were probably some of the greatest superhero stories in any medium. TSSM was always good, and often great, but I don't think it ever quite had a Heart Of Ice or Over The Edge level episode.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I still wish this show wasn't cancelled, I still wish we had more episodes
    And they had Season 3 worked out! We were going to get Scorpion and Hobgoblin! I was really hoping Sony/Disney were going to work out a deal. *sigh* USM sucks.

As the the BTAS thing, If we're going the original series (65 eps and MotP), I would argue there isn't a bad ep. The revivals weren't as great, though.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55869

Here's an awesome interview with Greg Weisman reflecting on the show. He also hopes for it to return someday as well.

I did find this quite funny.

"Weisman has not seen the current "Ultimate Spider-Man," saying, "I haven't seen it on purpose. For me, there's no good news. If it's great, I'll just be jealous. If it's awful, it'll drive me crazy. It's got some great people on it, so I wish them well, but I prefer we were still doing it.

Don't watch Ultimate Spider-man Mr Weiseman! It will drive a crazy. A lot.
    I look around at us and you know what I see? Losers... I mean like, folks who have lost stuff. And we have, man, we have, all of us. Homes, and our families, normal lives. And you think life takes more than it gives, but not today. Today it's giving us something. It is giving us a chance.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Man. I gotta admit, I still get bummed out thinking about Spectacular's cancellation. I think it'd be great if Marvel got Greg to produce a couple of direct to DVD movies - maybe with Peter in college. I think an unofficial continuation of SSM is our best bet - to avoid having to deal with the Marvel/Sony problems. Just skip ahead to the college years!

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

To this day,i still pray for Marvel hiring Weisman to write a comic book series that continue after season 2 or give us details about the plans and the plots of season 3 and how would have been.My biggest question is how he would handle the Hobgoblin,considering how great he made the Green Goblin one.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Theirs already a Spectacular Spider-Man thread. http://community.comicbookresources....!-Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Theirs already a Spectacular Spider-Man thread. http://community.comicbookresources....!-Appreciation
    Except this one was started before... But that's okay. This show deserves more than one thread.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Hands down my favorite version of Spider-Man in any medium. It was a masterpiece that was taken off air long before it's time. Would've loved to experienced a season 3.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Besides the Green Goblin kind of looking like a meerkat, this show was awesome in every way. It's a shame that they cancelled it as we were about to get Hobgoblin and Carnage.

I picked up the Complete Series Blu-ray set when I learned The CW had cancelled Vortexx.

Revisiting the series from the beginning, and paying closer attention this time around, I'm drooling over the animation. The Silver Age-style designs look clean and crisp, and the lack of on-screen clutter allows the bold colors to really pop.

I just got the chance to watch this series and I must say, it was pretty good. One of the reasons I never attempted to watch it during it's original run was because of the art style. I now wish we had gotten multiple seasons out of it. Oh well, what could've been.

Some of the character designs were a bit iffy, but overall it was an excellent show that did a great job of mining Spidey's history. It was definitely cancelled too soon and I would love to see it return.

I haven't seen an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, and from what I've seen of it I'm not particularly interested.

BANNED

I really wanted to like Ultimate figured "Hey it sounds like it has elements of Brave and The Bold so I might like this." To my disappointment the show had a specific audience. As to the main voice of Spidey and the direction, hated the voice and the direction not a fan of Spider-Man being so trusting to SHIELD or suddenly having the slowest spider sense that even Frankenstein can tag him. That and I gave up on the show for its blatant advertisement of Spider-Man gear "really he needs motorcycle to keep up with Batroc?"

Spectacular is #1 but after seeing Spider-Verse and all the episodes of S3... Ultimate Spider-Man grew on me. It's alright. I like that they're using classic and modern characters, it's like a dumbed down AOS/Marvel Movie universe feat anybody they want.

It gets better half way in season 2 and 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by prescribeddrone View Post
    Spectacular is #1 but after seeing Spider-Verse and all the episodes of S3... Ultimate Spider-Man grew on me. It's alright. I like that they're using classic and modern characters, it's like a dumbed down AOS/Marvel Movie universe feat anybody they want.

It gets better half way in season 2 and 3.
    Glad to hear you like it, but I just can't get into Spider-Man being written like a kid version of Deadpool with 4th wall breaking.