Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Miles Warren

First Appearance: Amazing Spider-Man #31 (December, 1965)

We all know where he ended up in comics, he started out as one of Peter's college professors. As you can see from above, they went with his original design where he seems to look younger than his more iconic look (shaggy white hair). Like his brother in Spectacular, he is of Indian decent, only he is Indian American, thus lacking an accent. Interestingly enough, both in the show and the comics, he first started to show up during the beginning of "Master Planner" storyline.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Could you imagine if film adaptations of books like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Twilight, decided to reinvent the stories like comic book movies tend to, instead of telling the stories like how they happened in the books? Not to say that these films are perfect adaptations and follow the books to the letter, but the story is the same. Wouldn't fans be upset if it was otherwise?
    Ugh, they did that with the Hobbit, and I hated that "trilogy." It was the story stretched thin with a bunch of filler injected in.

Mighty Member

Trina

First Appearance: Spider-Man: Brand New Day (2008)

Love it or hate it, even a minor character from the aftermath of "One More Day" has made it into this series. Someone is going to have to check my work here... this character is so obscure and pretty much is a passing glance really. However, it seems that she's still in the same position she was in comics... Only she works for the Silver Spoon rather than the Coffee Bean.

Fantastic Member

OK, because of the recommendations I've seen re: this Spectacular Spider-man animated series, I started watching this on Blu-ray - this was the first episode with the Vulture.

However, as much as I tried to get into the show, I just do not like either the animation style, or the way Peter Parker/Spider-man is depicted; he's way to thin/slight/small, and I don't ever remember the character looking like this in the comics I read - primarily '60's - '80's. Even the original Lee/Ditko comics depicted him as average size, not looking the way he does in the cartoon.

Note I do like some newer animation, notably the underrated Tron: Uprising - so, I'm not just hating on the newer animation style; just the way the characters are being depicted.

In any case, I'm glad that there are those out there who like the show - however, watching this just makes me want a Blu collection of the '90's SM: TAS all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    However, as much as I tried to get into the show, I just do not like either the animation style, or the way Peter Parker/Spider-man is depicted; he's way to thin/slight/small, and I don't ever remember the character looking like this in the comics I read - primarily '60's - '80's. Even the original Lee/Ditko comics depicted him as average size, not looking the way he does in the cartoon.
    You mean this Ditko-era Peter Parker, right?

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/u...l-Comics-e.jpg

Because he looks pretty skinny to me. Average height, yes, but skinny none the less. I'll give you later artists filled him out, but he was originally gangly.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Peter is supposed to be skinny/slim. Especially since in Spectacular he's in high school. That's the reason Flash Thompson gave him the name "Puny Parker".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    OK, because of the recommendations I've seen re: this Spectacular Spider-man animated series, I started watching this on Blu-ray - this was the first episode with the Vulture.

Note I do like some newer animation, notably the underrated Tron: Uprising - so, I'm not just hating on the newer animation style; just the way the characters are being depicted.

In any case, I'm glad that there are those out there who like the show - however, watching this just makes me want a Blu collection of the '90's SM: TAS all the more.
    If you could get over the art style, I'd recommend The Invisible Hand, Catalysts, Shear Strength, and Final Curtain...

However, I remember my friend didn't give this cartoon a chance because of the art style... Then I showed him Group Therapy's Sinister Six fight...

Then he pretty much became a believer after that... and gave the series a chance and started liking it. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but alas.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 09-05-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Part 2:

So the main point for the simplistic animation style was to have the characters move. While in slower scenes it may be off putting, but when they fight, they FIGHT.

Mighty Member

And of course the finale

What was everyone's favorite fight in the show?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    And of course the finale

What was everyone's favorite fight in the show?
    The Sinister Six Fight along with Spidey's first fight with Rhino, the fight with Venom at the school and the four way opera house brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    The Sinister Six Fight along with Spidey's first fight with Rhino, the fight with Venom at the school and the four way opera house brawl.
    I'll second that and add that Gangland is my favorite episode.

Mighty Member

Other than those already mentioned, I'll also add to the list Green Goblin's battle in the Uncertainty Principle.

That fight alone sold me on this incarnation of the Green Goblin, as I wasn't impressed by his first appearance in Catalysts. The intensity of the fight as well as Gobby's more exaggerated facial expressions told me that he was actually REALLY trying to KILL Spidey and Tombstone.

He was totally out for blood in this fight

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

The new Marvel's Spider-Man seems good so far, but dang do I miss this series. As a fun fact Josh Keaton is in the new series too, although he is voicing Norman.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Yeah, Peter is supposed to be skinny/slim. Especially since in Spectacular he's in high school. That's the reason Flash Thompson gave him the name "Puny Parker".
    I thought Peter is supposed to be muscular and slim.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I thought Peter is supposed to be muscular and slim.
    He is, but in a way that you'd only notice on a double take if you passed him in the street.