Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    Hey! The main GFT title is ending for now, but there will still be other books in the universe. I've currently got two minis on my slate that haven't been announced yet. I don't know much beyond that.
    for now... I see...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Hi Guys As promised I checked out some zenescope and I got to say after starting I was hooked bought more than I thought I would, I mean I even started on Wonderland which I hadn't planned to, not sure if they are in order but man am I impressed. I loved reading the Robyn Hood books.

Hi Patrick

Thanks for the suggestions but I was able to get an omnibus of the main title which got me which went up to issue 75,
    However I did pick up the following
    DREAM EATER SAGA 1 - 2
    REALM KNIGHTS VOL 1
    UNLEASHED VOL 1
    UNLEASHED: VAMPIRES & WEREWOLVES
    UNLEASHED: ZOMBIES & DEMONS
    UNLEASHED VOL 2
    As well as Neverland, some wonderland titles and the Robyn Hood, (Got Code Red as well)

One quick question Patrick I’m just curious of course I only have the first two volumes of Robyn Hood ongoing but is Robin bi, I pick up on something between her and Mirian.
    Truth is the best policy

Spectacular Member

Hellchild #3 was interesting.

I like seeing Hades so pissed off. Usually very "down to Earth" and treatable Greek god. But how he told off Liesel was brutal. "LEAVE."

The text messages between Hades and Liesel have always been funny since the Helsing titles.

It was kinda sad that Lyra was killed. I thought the three of the girls would escape and take Angelica on a road trip to meet the new world.

As for Angelica, I think she is becoming too much like a Kratos from God of War and is lettingg her rage overtake her. I thought she would partner with her cousin Artemis but has apparently betrayed her.

Btw, Patrick Shand, don't think I didn't see Wolverine, Thor, and Wonder Woman in GF #88. Sneaky.

EDIT: In Realm Knights #4, it was revealed that Hades was working with Morgana to retrieve Cronus' scythes to revive Angelica. I wonder what's going to happen when all this comes out.
    Last edited by AriesWarlock; 05-23-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    One quick question Patrick I’m just curious of course I only have the first two volumes of Robyn Hood ongoing but is Robin bi, I pick up on something between her and Mirian.
    I write Robyn as bi, yes. I doubt Zenescope will follow up on any of that in the next run, but that is definitely how I wrote her. My first pitch for the ongoing series, and indeed the final scene of Legend, had Marian/Robyn as a couple. Zenescope didn't want that for the series, hence the romantic plot with Sam starting in #3.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    Btw, Patrick Shand, don't think I didn't see Wolverine, Thor, and Wonder Woman in GF #88. Sneaky.
    Hah! I had to look back to check. Didn't remember that.

To go with the release of the new Alice in Wonderland movie, comiXology has Alice in Wonderland and Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass on sale this weekend. Worth picking up if you're into the Wonderland backstory.

image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

What is going on with Inferno Resurrection #4... It keeps getting delayed which is delaying my shipment from dcbs.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)

So GFT main book is done. Wonderland is ending too with #51. What will be left of this Universe? Is Zenescope shutting down?
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    So GFT main book is done. Wonderland is ending too with #51. What will be left of this Universe? Is Zenescope shutting down?
    Looks like they're going the Aspen route and pump out nothing but mini series. The last issue of Wonderland will be my last Zenescope pull. I'll pick stuff up in comiXology sales and the occasional convention/store exclusive that catches my eye.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Spectacular Member

Nah, the market just doesn't support ongoings for indie publishers like that. They're trying 12-issue maxis and 4 - 6-issue minis. Here's what the Grimm Universe looks like post-GFT #125.

GRIMM FAIRY TALES
    There's a new story beginning in an annual the month after GFT #125. I can't say what this will lead to, but I'm not writing it. I do have a suggestion for someone to pitch up the torch, though. I hope they hire her.

WONDERLAND:
    Erica's run finishes at #50 and then I'm writing an epilogue the next month. That's a wrap on Wonderland.

EVENT
    I'm writing the Grimm Fairy Tales: Apocalypse event that brings the casts of GFT, Robyn Hood, Hellchild, Van Helsing, and Cinderella together for an epic miniseries event.

VAN HELSING
    I'm writing the VH vs. Frankenstein series, which will run for five issues. More Van Helsing directly after that.

HELLCHILD
    Sequel coming soon.

OTHER STUFF
    The other minis continue. More to come. More 12-issue series to come too.

Nah, the market just doesn't support ongoings for indie publishers like that. They're trying 12-issue maxis and 4 - 6-issue minis. Here's what the Grimm Universe looks like post-GFT #125.

GRIMM FAIRY TALES
    There's a new story beginning in an annual the month after GFT #125. I can't say what this will lead to, but I'm not writing it. I do have a suggestion for someone to pitch up the torch, though. I hope they hire her.

WONDERLAND:
    Erica's run finishes at #50 and then I'm writing an epilogue the next month. That's a wrap on Wonderland.

EVENT
    I'm writing the Grimm Fairy Tales: Apocalypse event that brings the casts of GFT, Robyn Hood, Hellchild, Van Helsing, and Cinderella together for an epic miniseries event.

VAN HELSING
    I'm writing the VH vs. Frankenstein series, which will run for five issues. More Van Helsing directly after that.

HELLCHILD
    Sequel coming soon.

OTHER STUFF
    The other minis continue. More to come. More 12-issue series to come too.
    This is good to know. I am heartbroken that the ongoings have ended but thanks for letting us in on the plan. Will Tales of Terror continue?
    Pull List:

Incredible Member

I write Robyn as bi, yes. I doubt Zenescope will follow up on any of that in the next run, but that is definitely how I wrote her. My first pitch for the ongoing series, and indeed the final scene of Legend, had Marian/Robyn as a couple. Zenescope didn't want that for the series, hence the romantic plot with Sam starting in #3.
    This is incredibly disappointing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Zenescope's marketing is sketchy. Hell, even Aspen let major comic websites know about the Fathom/Soulfire crossover months ahead of time.
    Then again Zenescope actually publishes the books they announce.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Then again Zenescope actually publishes the books they announce.
    BOOM. Truth bomb.
    Pull List:

Spectacular Member

This is good to know. I am heartbroken that the ongoings have ended but thanks for letting us in on the plan. Will Tales of Terror continue?
    Yes. Grimm Tales of Terror was designed to run in annual 13-issue volumes. Volume Two is wrapping soon, and Volume Three will begin a couple of months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    This is incredibly disappointing.
    I was disappointed too. I've made peace with it, as I am endlessly glad that Sam Cavandar exists.

But still. Yeah.

BANNED

BOOM. Truth bomb.
    Cold But It Is The Truth