Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Grimm Fairy Tales Universe

I have been looking more and more into this series of books and am really wondering how the stories are. Obviously it has visual appeal and have heard nothing but good things about the art but that inst the only thing I care about. Does the story make sense, there are so many spin offs and one shots and all the other things that seem to stem away from the Grimm Fairy Tales main line, do people think that this is a good universe to collect in terms of good stories and character development.

BANNED

The main series is hit and miss. Some issues are great, some not so much.

Ironically, most of the spin offs are better. I especially recommend the Wonderland saga, which I love.

Robyn Hood and Jungle Book are also very good.

Yeah Wonderland is better overall. Both in writing and art.

I added both the main and wonderland to my pull but concerning getting back issues, does anyone have an opinion on Omnibus vs Trades? I heard the GFT omnibus has really low quality paper and isnt even offered as a hardcover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I added both the main and wonderland to my pull but concerning getting back issues, does anyone have an opinion on Omnibus vs Trades? I heard the GFT omnibus has really low quality paper and isnt even offered as a hardcover.
    I wouldn't know. I buy digital.

But you should know Wonderland started with Return to Wonderland miniseries. It continued with Beyond Wonderland, then Escape from Wonderland. Then it moves onto the current Wonderland ongoing. If you do go straight to the ongoing, you should understand most of it.

Shop around for back issues (mycomicshop.com and Mile High's ebay store sells them cheap). Steampunk Comic Shop is currently having a $1.00 back issue sale that I used to fill some gaps in my Zenescope stories so you can look there also. I have many of the exclusive variants that Zenescope floods the convention market with so that's how I keep up with what's going on in the story.

You can't go wrong with the Wonderland ongoing. Probably the best the company is putting out. Anything Robyn Hood related is also good and there's a Robyn Hood ongoing coming in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Shop around for back issues (mycomicshop.com and Mile High's ebay store sells them cheap). Steampunk Comic Shop is currently having a $1.00 back issue sale that I used to fill some gaps in my Zenescope stories so you can look there also. I have many of the exclusive variants that Zenescope floods the convention market with so that's how I keep up with what's going on in the story.

You can't go wrong with the Wonderland ongoing. Probably the best the company is putting out. Anything Robyn Hood related is also good and there's a Robyn Hood ongoing coming in August.
    You are my hero, I was able to use this to get my self started on a nice little collection. Really appreciate the tip on this. Great resource I plan to use in the future, not just for Grimm Fairy Tales but they had deals on all sorts of other series and tpb's and GN's

Glad I could help. I just received my package today and I'm tempted to order some more before the sell is over.

Anthony Spay artist spotlight: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...-anthony-spay/

Some really nice interiors.

Those interiors are phenomenal, the one in the library is absolutely insanely detailed. Also that cover for GFT 101 is beautiful

Preview for Robyn Hood ongoing. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...-goes-ongoing/

I enjoyed the original Robyn Hood series, but haven't read Wanted or Legend yet. I'm thinking about about adding a Zenescope title to my monthly pre-order list. Might be this or jumping on with the Wonderland ongoing.

I am really looking forward to the Robyn Hood ongoing. I just picked up a few good lots from Ebay and now my Collection is over 2/3 complete. I also picked up the omnibus which should be here in a few days.

BANNED

can anyone tell me if i should brother with Grimm Fairy Tales Of Terror(That's soon to launch)or would the upcoming robyn hood ongoing be a better bet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    can anyone tell me if i should brother with Grimm Fairy Tales Of Terror(That's soon to launch)or would the upcoming robyn hood ongoing be a better bet?
    Robyn Hood is probably better, as the preceding minis were good. I also recommend getting into the Wonderland series.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I read everything Robyn Hood is in and I really like all those stories. Part of me hates liking them though. Cause I look at some of the "other" covers for the Robyn Hood books and they are naked and me makes me shake my head. Though I guess it has a ummm appeal to some people. It just not my thing. But I really like the Robyn Hood character and am looking forward to her new ongoing, which seems so far to be less sexual. Plus the writer for Robyn hood is great and I love his other work too.

I am worried about this "soft reboot" though and what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i only mentioned tales of terror due to it's tales from the crypt themes and style

but i wasn't expecting much from it since Zenescope only seems to have a few good writers
    I don't know I have not heard much about the Tales of Terror thing. I will be going to the Zenescope panel at SDCC this year, so maybe it will be good.

I know I have loved all the Robyn Hood stuff and am a big fan of that character.

Edit: So its more of a jumping on point then a reboot, everything still counts.

I tweeted Pat Shard who will be the new writer for GFT and the writer for the ongoing Robyn Hood.

@DylanDavison I'm writing GFT as of #101. It's emphatically not a reboot. Everything counts. They just meant that it's a jumping on point.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-03-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!