Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i only mentioned tales of terror due to it's tales from the crypt themes and style

but i wasn't expecting much from it since Zenescope only seems to have a few good writers
    Yeah, it's sometimes hard trying to figure out what to get from Zenescope. I check their blog on their website to get previews of upcoming titles, when they feel like posting them. Other than that, their marketing machine is lacking. They do have few good writers and their revolving door of artists make it hard to be dedicated to any title just for the artist alone. I agree with the poster in the other thread that says SHand and Gregory are the best writers. I enjoy Wonderland, but haven't read any of the Esquivel written issues yet.

Tales of Terror seems to have a different writer each issue with a different story so you're just going to have to roll the dice on which issues you want to check out.

BANNED

Sounds like Zenescope doesn't have much of a budget to spend on advertising...how do you know when a book is gonna come out or if it's delayed then?

Sounds like Zenescope doesn't have much of a budget to spend on advertising...how do you know when a book is gonna come out or if it's delayed then?
    Solicitations and Previews catalogue come out every month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Solicitations and Previews catalogue come out every month.
    doesn't stop archie comics from frequently shipping books late

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

doesn't stop archie comics from frequently shipping books late
    Almost every company ships late at some point, even DC and Marvel.

Zenescope is a small company, so yes they have a small budget to spend on advertising as most really small comic companies do.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-04-2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

yeah but in the case of archie comics they ship late all the time....i mean look at afterlife with archie for example

Like I stated earlier, just check their website blog from time to time to see if they've put up a preview of a book that you're interested in if you're on the fence about checking out a particular title. CBR will post some previews too, so be on the look out.

As for a comic shipping late, well, they're comic books. It's not the end of the world if a title comes out a few weeks late.

It comes down to this, if you want to pick up the tales of terror pick up the first issue, and then judge it. If not then don't pick it up. I would at least try it out once. And as far as I know I have not heard of Zenescope being late, and even if they are its not too late at most a week. Plus waiting even a month is not a big deal at least its coming out.

Ghost has been pushed 2 months before and thats my favorite title, but I was not mad.

But it comes down to this, if you want to read it or it sounds interesting to you, which it sounds like it does, check out the first issue, there is no harm in that. Or just read a preview before you order it.

Zenescope does have some great work, and some non great work, just like every other company.
    Pulls:

BANNED

it's just without knowing every single writer at zenescope it's a big risk because everyone is a no name to you

Its not a big risk. Its $3 or $4.

If thats a big risk to you, you should probably not be spending money on comics in the first place.

it's just without knowing every single writer at zenescope it's a big risk because everyone is a no name to you
    Buying one issue is not a risk, and if it is such a huge risk then just don't buy it. I buy from writers I never heard of before and they turn out to be great. If new writers or writers you never of heard of never got bought then we would never have new writers to start with. Zenescope writers work for Zenescope, so if you never read anything Zenescope before then of course you never heard of them.

Its not a big risk to by one issue, what are you risking, 3 dollars and a little bit of your time to read it? Thats not a lot.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Its not a big risk. Its $3 or $4.

If thats a big risk to you, you should probably not be spending money on comics in the first place.
    i only say risk because i tend to play it safer and stick to what i know and publishers i can trust

every company has bad writers but when you don't know the bad ones from the good ones one bad issue can ruin the whole publisher for you

BANNED

i only say risk because i tend to play it safer and stick to what i know and publishers i can trust

every company has bad writers but when you don't know the bad ones from the good ones one bad issue can ruin the whole publisher for you
    Rule of Thumb for Zenesope: If its written by Raven Gregory or Pat Shand, its probably good. If its written by Joe Brusha or Ralph Tedesco, its probably rubbish. Others are variable.

Then don't read it...why even ask if you know you are not going to read it.
    Pulls:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    Rule of Thumb for Zenesope: If its written by Raven Gregory or Pat Shand, its probably good. If its written by Joe Brusha or Ralph Tedesco, its probably rubbish. Others are variable.
    Probably should avoid tales of terror in that case...Anthology books are known for being sporadic with quality due to different writers/artists on each story

looks like the safest bet is just to wait for the robyn hood ongoing and give that a try