Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Grimm Fairy Tales Universe

I have been looking more and more into this series of books and am really wondering how the stories are. Obviously it has visual appeal and have heard nothing but good things about the art but that inst the only thing I care about. Does the story make sense, there are so many spin offs and one shots and all the other things that seem to stem away from the Grimm Fairy Tales main line, do people think that this is a good universe to collect in terms of good stories and character development.

BANNED

The main series is hit and miss. Some issues are great, some not so much.

Ironically, most of the spin offs are better. I especially recommend the Wonderland saga, which I love.

Robyn Hood and Jungle Book are also very good.

Yeah Wonderland is better overall. Both in writing and art.

I added both the main and wonderland to my pull but concerning getting back issues, does anyone have an opinion on Omnibus vs Trades? I heard the GFT omnibus has really low quality paper and isnt even offered as a hardcover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I added both the main and wonderland to my pull but concerning getting back issues, does anyone have an opinion on Omnibus vs Trades? I heard the GFT omnibus has really low quality paper and isnt even offered as a hardcover.
    I wouldn't know. I buy digital.

But you should know Wonderland started with Return to Wonderland miniseries. It continued with Beyond Wonderland, then Escape from Wonderland. Then it moves onto the current Wonderland ongoing. If you do go straight to the ongoing, you should understand most of it.

Shop around for back issues (mycomicshop.com and Mile High's ebay store sells them cheap). Steampunk Comic Shop is currently having a $1.00 back issue sale that I used to fill some gaps in my Zenescope stories so you can look there also. I have many of the exclusive variants that Zenescope floods the convention market with so that's how I keep up with what's going on in the story.

You can't go wrong with the Wonderland ongoing. Probably the best the company is putting out. Anything Robyn Hood related is also good and there's a Robyn Hood ongoing coming in August.

I started this series at issue #49 and have loved it since. I now read most of the Zenescope Books. They are all worth reading. So you should check them out.

Spectacular Member

This April, I'll be stepping off Robyn Hood: http://patshand.tumblr.com/post/1352...rom-robyn-hood

...aaaaand so will I.

It was a fun book Pat. Thanks for all your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    This April, I'll be stepping off Robyn Hood: http://patshand.tumblr.com/post/1352...rom-robyn-hood
    It's been a good ride. Hope to see that creator owned book from you next year.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    I'll be sad to see it go, Robyn Hood was my entrance-way to the whole GFT Universe(thanks to the recommendations of the people in this thread, thanks for that all) and it's been one of my favorite current comics ever since, it's the series I recommend to friends/people I meet and end up talking comics with. I am glad that you are getting to close out your run in a way you choose and (hopefully :P) on a high note. I will be following Robyn through her future adventures and I hope they stay as good but if not, at least I'll always have your run, just like with Ennis and Punisher MAX, no matter how I feel about Aaron's run on it Ennis' is just a solid well ended one that I can always look back on and reread. Thanks for the stories, thanks for being my intro to GFT and thanks for the popping in here occasionally with clarifications, I hope you continue to write awesome books like this and I look forward to following you in your future work. And if I hold a little hope in my heart for a grand return to Robyn in a few years like Ron Marz had with Witchblade I hope you don't mind that too much. Thanks for the good times, I really enjoyed them.

Spectacular Member

Thanks so much to everyone. Your beautiful words on Robyn Hood make me feel like my run was time well spent.

Solicits are making their way around social media, so I figured I'd share this here:

http://patshand.tumblr.com/post/1356...d-announcement

New title in March. Miniseries called HELL CHILD. Brand new story, but features Liesel Van Helsing, Hades, Marian, and a few other guests. This is something I've been planning for a long time now. I hope you all enjoy.

GFT Solicitations for March 2016

GFT ESCAPE FROM MONSTER ISLAND #3 (OF 5)

(W) Ralph Tedesco, Joe Brusha

The group of mercenaries continues their search for the cure but realize a traitor is amongst them. Meanwhile, the self-proclaimed Queen of Monster Island uses one of her captives a bargaining chip but will her demands be met in time?

GFT GRIMM FAIRY TALES #120

(W) Patrick Shand (A) Miguel Mendonca

THE SHADOW GIRL, PART ONE As the search continues for Skye and Lance, things get heated as Ali stands trial for his perceived role in their disappearance. With the minds behind Arcane Acre at a crossroads, Bloody Bones unites the villains of the Grimm Universe with a plan to plunge the world into a living nightmare.

GFT GRIMM TALES OF TERROR VOL 2 #6

(W) Ralph Tedesco & Various

'Black Cat' The popular urban legend is retold with brand new twists and turns that will scare you to shreds!

GFT HELLCHILD #1 (OF 5)

(W) Joe Brusha, Ralph Tedesco (A) Antonio Bifulco

SERIES PREMIERE! ANGELICA BLACKSTONE is half-Greek god, half-vampire, and she's pissed! When she is brought back from the dead and given a new lease on life by monster hunter Liesel Van Helsing, Angelica joins a gang of Viking vampire junkies living in the underbelly of New York City. But she has a hell of an ax to grind with her absentee father, Hades, who she blames for her death. All hell is about to break loose! This March, the newest badass hero arrives in the Grimm Universe... Angelica Blackstone is the Hellchild.

GFT INFERNO RESURRECTION #4 (OF 5)

(W) Ralph Tedesco (A) Antonio Bifulco

With Virgil in the hospital, Mercy seeks vengeance and continues her search for the demon called Raum. But first she must reconcile with some past figurative demons before figuring out a way to defeat the seemingly undefeatable.

GFT RED AGENT #3 (OF 5)

(W) Joe Brusha, Ralph Tedesco

Mission Impossible meets Grimm Fairy Tales in this new intense spy mini-series from Zenescope! Avril and Brit spend get to know one another as they search for Ditto and Alpha. Meanwhile, Ditto is on the run, using his contacts in the underground hacker world to hide. But Eve is more powerful than anyone anticipated as she virtually attacks Ditto's mind. Don't miss this brand new Grimm Universe spy series from Zenescope!

GFT ROBYN HOOD ONGOING #20

(W) Patrick Shand (A) Manuel Preitano

F@#$ING RIOT Double-Sized Finale The final issue of Robyn Hood: The Ongoing Series is here. Robyn and her friends take a final stand against the Cabal, but when the smoke clears, it seems that an even greater threat has risen

GFT SATANS HOLLOW #1 (OF 5)

(W) Joe Brusha, Ralph Tedesco (A) Antonio Bifulco

A brand new horror series from the company that does it best explores the urban myth of Satan's Hollow. Urban legend tells of a satanic cult that performed rituals in the Ohio woods at the turn of the century. The rituals became more and more disturbing and eventually led to the ultimate evil a human sacrifice. Legend states the cultists were so successful that they opened a portal that leads directly to hell. Now, twenty years later, the last surviving victim of the cult has returned, but something immensely evil has arrived with him... an entity known only as the Shadowman.

GFT WONDERLAND #45

(W) Erica J Heflin (A) Giorgia Sposito

Solicitation info is the same as Robyn Hood 20.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children