Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    Grimm Fairy Tales, as of #101, will be self-contained. We may give readers glances at what is going on in other books, or do something like "Follow this character into _______" or some **** like that, but I don't ever plan on having you NEED to read other books to understand a series I'm doing.
    Good to know if there's anything i hate it's reading a book that gets mixed in with some stupid crossover that i have no choice but to follow or drop the book I'm reading...that or look up my pull list online to see a dozen tie-in issues suddenly pop up

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    Grimm Fairy Tales, as of #101, will be self-contained. We may give readers glances at what is going on in other books, or do something like "Follow this character into _______" or some **** like that, but I don't ever plan on having you NEED to read other books to understand a series I'm doing.
    This sounds awesome. Even though I will be picking up everything GFT it will be nice to have some guidance in the main series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    1.All new ghost rider
    2.amazing spider-man
    3.Adventure Time
    4.Ms Marvel
    5.my little pony
    6.my little pony friends forever
    7.punisher
    8.silver surfer
    9.steven universe
    10.sundowners
    11.wayward

my current pull list set up on tfaw.com

that's what i gotta work with
    I wish I had a list that small. I'm looking forward to the day I can get it below 30.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I wish I had a list that small. I'm looking forward to the day I can get it below 30.
    I'd probably get a severe lecturing about spending too much money on comic books if it was ever that high

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    1.All new ghost rider
    2.amazing spider-man
    3.Adventure Time
    4.Ms Marvel
    5.my little pony
    6.my little pony friends forever
    7.punisher
    8.silver surfer
    9.steven universe
    10.sundowners
    11.wayward

my current pull list set up on tfaw.com

that's what i gotta work with
    If I could get my pull down this much I would save so much money. My wife might even stop nagging me about buying them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    If I could get my pull down this much I would save so much money. My wife might even stop nagging me about buying them.
    Yeah My Dad gets on my case if it goes over a certain amount on my comics

An article by Dan Wickline, writer for Zenescope, explaining price points and alternate covers for one issue. Good information as I often wondered why Zenescope offers 3-4 covers per issue.

See article http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...riced-at-2-99/

I like having multiple cover options, but can always live without them as most of my pull list are Image titles that rarely have multiple covers. I think GFT #100 has about 14 covers so far counting convention and retailer exclusives. I have the cover of Mike's avatar pre-ordered and I'm thinking about ordering the Midtown exclusive.

An article by Dan Wickline, writer for Zenescope, explaining price points and alternate covers for one issue. Good information as I often wondered why Zenescope offers 3-4 covers per issue.

See article http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...riced-at-2-99/

I like having multiple cover options, but can always live without them as most of my pull list are Image titles that rarely have multiple covers. I think GFT #100 has about 14 covers so far counting convention and retailer exclusives. I have the cover of Mike's avatar pre-ordered and I'm thinking about ordering the Midtown exclusive.
    Pretty interesting article.
    TBH, ive never had an issue with a book having a bunch of variants. I only ever buy the one so to me it just offers more choice.
    If someone trashes a book/company because they are a completist and "have" to buy multiple copies to get all the covers then thats really a problem with them not the publisher.
    As far as im concerned, if offering 5+ variants keeps a good book on the shelves then by all means Mr Publisher, go nuts.

Also, depressed that Captain Victory is already in danger of cancellation...

Also just had a thought. Admittedly pretty unfeasible, but i think it would be an interesting experiment on Zenescopes part to offer "non-sexy cover" versions of their $3.99 books for $2.99.

Best case scenario, the TnA fans continue to buy their books as usual and you snag a few new readers who previously dismissed Zenescope because of the covers and who are also pleased with the $2.99 price point.

Worst case; no new readers, and the TnA fans are pissed they have to pay extra and ditch the books...

Well, they already seem to be at the point of offering non-sexy covers for just about every issue, regardless of price. Check out these for the upcoming Masumi #1. Covers to match different tastes (couldn't post the 4th cover as CBR only allows 3 images per post).

jun141592.jpg jun141593.jpg jun141595.jpg

And why isn't Masumi a part of the Realm Knights? Haven't seen her since Unleashed last year. That, and a lot of artists don't seem to draw her as a Japanese woman.

Spectacular Member

It doesn't really make sense to me. Variants don't hurt. If someone doesn't like them, don't buy them. That's it. Dynamite might make more money if they did variants, and there's no way it'd scare off readers. People are passionate about the comics -- adding a cover or two will only increase their pull, catch an eye a regular cover wouldn't catch, or have them carry on and buy one regular cover.

And why isn't Masumi a part of the Realm Knights? Haven't seen her since Unleashed last year. That, and a lot of artists don't seem to draw her as a Japanese woman.
    Masumi wouldn't join the Realm Knights in the point she's at in her life. She lost a lot to this fight in DEMONS: THE UNSEEN last year, so the last thing she'd want to do is join the Realm Knights to fight for the government. She popped up in INFERNO: AGE OF DARKNESS, where we establish what she's been up to. She just makes sense as more of a solo character because of everything she's gone through... but MASUMI #1-4 will show her reaching out to some family.

BANNED

variants can be annoying for somebody who sets up a pull list online(not sure about what you guys use but tfaw auto adds all variants to my pull list and i have to manually remove all of them but one every time....)it's not something to scream about but i can say from experience that it's not fun having to keep shifting through a boatload of the same issue but with different covers

Hmm..I'll have to look out for that. I use DCBS for my comic ordering and I was thinking about using their pull list system instead of adding each book manually. I use TFAW when I need to order books past a pre-order deadline as their deadlines seem to be extended. I was on the fence with Wonderland #26 and Robyn Hood Ongoing #1 so I missed the deadline for DCBS so I used TFAW. Threw in Goddess Inc #1 to try that out also.

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales solicitations for October 2014

GFT DARK SHAMAN #1 (OF 4)

Description
    Story by Joe Brusha & Ralph Tedesco & Pat Shand Cover A - Mike S Miller Sela Mathers visits a campus as a guest speaker but little does she know that the campus is built upon an ancient American Indian burial ground. And a local Shaman will make sure that those who have desecrated his land will pay the ultimate price. A brand new horror series from Zenescope Entertainment has arrived!

GFT GODDESS INC #3 (OF 5)

Description
    Created by Joe Brusha, Ralph Tedesco & Pat Shand Written by LaToya Morgan Cover A - Mike Frome Writer LaToya Morgan (AMC's TURN) joins the Zenescope team with a brand new, modern re-imagining of Greek mythology like you have never seen before. Zeus heads to Vegas in order to recruit his powerful but estranged sister. Meanwhile, Venus continues making her chess moves and finds herself in Artemis's crosshairs.

GFT GRIMM FAIRY TALES #103

Description
    Story by Ralph Tedesco & Joe Brusha & Pat Shand Written by Pat Shand Cover A - Sean Chen Snow White and Rose Red… Reprise For centuries, Belinda dedicated her life to serving the Dark Horde. Now that she has achieved atonement, she is helping Sela Mathers guide young highborns into becoming the Realm Knights of the future. However, when they begin to inquire about her past, Belinda must revisit the darkest time of her life.

GFT INFERNO RINGS OF HELL #3 (OF 3)

Description
    Story by Joe Brusha & Ralph Tedesco & Pat Shand Written by Mike Wolfer Cover A - Paolo Pantalena AGE OF DARKNESS SERIES FINAL ISSUE! Mercy and Lucifer are close to completing the Dark Queen's challenge… but nothing can prepare them for what she has waiting for them upon their escape. When the time comes, will the Dark One be able to stop his mad queen from taking the life of his daughter… or is no one safe in the midst of the Realm War?

GFT MASUMI #3 (OF 4)

Description
    Story by Pat Shand, Ralph Tedesco & Joe Brusha Written by Joe Tyler Artwork by Joel Ojeda Cover A - Harvey Tolibao After a devastating blow against her family, Masumi sets out to eliminate the rest of the Yakuza… but she is unaware that Ry?jin, the dragon god, is already hunting her, creating a complicated web of traps to lead her into a one on one confrontation with him. Even with the Blades of Sin, will Masumi be able to beat a man who can control the demons within?

GFT REALM WAR #4 (OF 12)

1369193_ful.jpg

Description
    Created by Joe Brusha & Ralph Tedesco Written by Joe Brusha Artwork by Sami Kivela Cover A - Harvey Tolibao *AGE OF DARKNESS Tie-in The world is in shambles with all 4 realms merged into Earth. Sela continues her search for a way to save humanity but things become more dire as the Dark Queen's reign grows more sadistic.

GFT ROBYN HOOD ONGOING #3

Description
    Written By: Pat Shand Artwork by: Larry Watts Cover A - Richard Ortiz The first arc of Robyn Hood's ongoing series comes to its shocking climax! As the villainous Priest brings his soul gathering ritual to its close, Robyn and Marian race to stop him in the abandoned subways of Manhattan. Joined by Allen, a mysterious man with a dark link to the Cabal, and Peter, a conspiracy theorist with his own agenda, does this team stand a chance against this ancient evil?

GFT TALES OF TERROR #4

1369199_ful.jpg

Description
    Created by Joe Brusha & Ralph Tedesco Written by Shane McKenzie Cover A - Dodie Mondero When a plague hits Earth, it wipes out 99% of the population, but the rich who survive use their status to prey on the weak and infected. But at what cost? Inspired by Tales From the Crypt, Twilight Zone, and Creep Show, Zenescope goes back to its roots of horror as the publisher known for re-inventing classics delves into an entirely new bag of tricks.

GFT VS WONDERLAND #4 (OF 4)

Description
    Story by Ralph Tedesco, Joe Brusha, and Pat Shand Troy Brownfield (W) Luca Claretti (A) Leonardo Paciarotti (C) Cover A - Emilio Laiso Final issue! The battle between Sela and Calie has come to a halt… because something bigger and badder has made its presence known in Wonderland. The Ace of Spades, under the control of the Dark One himself, invades Wonderland with the intention of claiming it for his own. When this nightmarish warrior throws down the gauntlet, will Sela or Calie be left standing?

GFT WARLORD OF OZ #6 (OF 6)

Description
    Story by - Joe Brusha Written by - Jeff Massey Artwork by - Miguel Mendonca Cover A - Jose Luis Has the Warlord won? Will Dorothy die? Find out in this epic conclusion of Zenescope's incredible and gorgeous OZ series. You're definitely not in Kansas anymore!

GFT WONDERLAND #28

1369208_ful.jpg

Description
    Erica J. Heflin (W) Vincenzo Riccardi (A) Leonardo Paciarotti (C) Cover A - Marat Mychaels Horror returns to Wonderland this Halloween! As Calie, Cheshire, and the White Rabbit travel deep into the treacherous jungles of Wonderland in search of the Savage, an unimaginable evil from the realm of dreams has made its way toward Earth. Tasked with protecting both Wonderland and the Nexus, Calie will find that her duties as the White Queen might be leaving her family vulnerable

BANNED

what are you guys pulling from the october list?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Robyn Hood and the Masumi mini for me.

I am also getting Charmed Season 10 from them, by Pat Shard! Just a side non GFT note.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 07-18-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!