Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Apparently its just a promotion to mark jump on points.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Apparently its just a promotion to mark jump on points.
    Correct! That'd be:

Robyn #1
    GFT #101
    Masumi: Blades of Sin #1
    Goddess Inc #1
    Wonderland #26
    GFT vs Wonderland #1
    GFT #103
    Robyn #4
    GFT #104
    Robyn #6
    GFT #106
    Wonderland #31

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    Thanks!

Also, guys, GODDESS INC isn't a prequel. It takes place long after REALM WAR, around the same time as the current ongoings.
    Thanks for the info. Realm War may have been better off coming out twice a month, AvX style. Age of Darkness would be a year and a half event by the end of it.

Finally read the new Robyn Hood. I just love this book so much. Claudia Balboni did a great job stepping in for Larry Watts on art duties. I wonder what this Dynamite/Evil Dead deal means for Larry's future with Robyn. (I know it's none of my business. I'm just being nosy.)
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Finally read the new Robyn Hood. I just love this book so much. Claudia Balboni did a great job stepping in for Larry Watts on art duties. I wonder what this Dynamite/Evil Dead deal means for Larry's future with Robyn. (I know it's none of my business. I'm just being nosy.)
    I didn't even know he was doing an Army of Darkness book. According Shand's tumblr account he'll do issue #6 with Claudia and Tony Brescini doing other issues. Tony is pretty awesome by the way.

BwJfvjYCQAEstjR.jpg large.jpg

Page from Robyn Hood #4.
    Last edited by Tayne Japal; 09-26-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Thanks for the info. Realm War may have been better off coming out twice a month, AvX style. Age of Darkness would be a year and a half event by the end of it.
    I brought this up at our summit, but they wanted a consistent creative team, and we couldn't keep that up if we did it twice a month. Soooo I get it. I know it's a bit confusing, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I didn't even know he was doing an Army of Darkness book. According Shand's tumblr account he'll do issue #6 with Claudia and Tony Brescini doing other issues. Tony is pretty awesome by the way.

BwJfvjYCQAEstjR.jpg large.jpg

Page from Robyn Hood #4.
    Thanks so much! I'm so glad you liked #2, and thrilled that you're digging Claudia and Tony.

So, about Robyn Hood #6. Larry was already hooked up with Dynamite for Army of Darkness when I said he'd do #6; it's why he was unable to do #2-3. The plan was for Larry to do Army monthly, draw Robyn Hood #6, and also work on a creator owned book he and I are doing together. While living life. It just became clear that it was a crazy plan and that there wasn't time, so Robyn Hood #6 is the one that had to fall to the side. I'll have announcements about that one soon!

So, about Robyn Hood #6. Larry was already hooked up with Dynamite for Army of Darkness when I said he'd do #6; it's why he was unable to do #2-3. The plan was for Larry to do Army monthly, draw Robyn Hood #6, and also work on a creator owned book he and I are doing together. While living life. It just became clear that it was a crazy plan and that there wasn't time, so Robyn Hood #6 is the one that had to fall to the side. I'll have announcements about that one soon!
    Ooh. A creator owned book? Nice! Sad to hear Larry's future with Robyn is up in the air, but I'm glad to see him succeeding. Guy deserves all the work he gets.

Spectacular Member

Ooh. A creator owned book? Nice! Sad to hear Larry's future with Robyn is up in the air, but I'm glad to see him succeeding. Guy deserves all the work he gets.
    Yeah, he really does!

I know this isnt an "ask Pat Shand" thread but I was wondering if there was a plan in the works for a Age of Darkness omnibus or is that is going to be something that is just gonna be in the tpb format. Also not really a question more like a comment... Lets get some more of those gorgeous hockey variants like the pittsburgh and montreal covers... I would buy every single one of those.

Those hockey variants are a nice change along with the magazine variants. I've about had it with cowgirl variants.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I know this isnt an "ask Pat Shand" thread but I was wondering if there was a plan in the works for a Age of Darkness omnibus or is that is going to be something that is just gonna be in the tpb format. Also not really a question more like a comment... Lets get some more of those gorgeous hockey variants like the pittsburgh and montreal covers... I would buy every single one of those.
    You know, it's not on the publishing schedule... but I'm inclined to say yes. I'm pretty sure of it. The GFT omnibus series has collected #1 through #93, stopping directly before the ongoing turned into AOD tie-ins. I know they've had success with the omnibus series, so it would really only follow for the third GFT omnibus to focus on AOD.

You know, it's not on the publishing schedule... but I'm inclined to say yes. I'm pretty sure of it. The GFT omnibus series has collected #1 through #93, stopping directly before the ongoing turned into AOD tie-ins. I know they've had success with the omnibus series, so it would really only follow for the third GFT omnibus to focus on AOD.
    Thats excellent news. I love all the GFT omnibus that are out and an AOD omnibus would be amazing... Gonna be huge though if it includes all the tie ins, one shots and mini's. Cant wait to add it to the collection.

As someone who has only read the original trilogy and first trade of the Wonderland ongoing, can I read just the Wonderland ongoing and still understand the AoD stuff, or should I just skip ahead to issue 26? I read Wonderland in digital trade format.
    Last edited by armlessphelan; 10-03-2014 at 06:35 PM.

The Wonderland ongoing doesn't touch on the AoD. I believe Wonderland: Clash of Queens is the only Wonderland story tied into AoD.

Spectacular Member

As someone who has only read the original trilogy and first trade of the Wonderland ongoing, can I read just the Wonderland ongoing and still understand the AoD stuff, or should I just skip ahead to issue 26? I read Wonderland in digital trade format.
    Yeah, totally. #24 and #25 were billed as AOD because they lead to Realm War in a very, very, very minor way. There's a WONDERLAND: AGE OF DARKNESS one-shot that takes place between 23 and 24 that sets up for the Wonderland side of Realm War more. But yeah, you can understand Wonderland from #1 and on, completely independent of AOD. The basic chronology is:

RETURN TO WONDERLAND
    BEYOND WONDERLAND
    ESCAPE FROM WONDERLAND
    WONDERLAND: VOL 1 - 4 (#1 - 20)
    WONDERLAND: ASYLUM
    WONDERLAND: CLASH OF QUEENS
    WONDERLAND VOL 5 (#21 - 25)
    REALM WAR (not Wonderland, but it's where it would take place)
    GFT VS. WONDERLAND
    WONDERLAND VOL 6 (#26 and on)