Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thanks, Pat!
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Spectacular Member

So I'm wanting to give this universe a try, what's a good way to start? Are the Omni's any good? I've heard bad things about the Top Cow omni's so I'm a little wary of Huge Paperbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    So I'm wanting to give this universe a try, what's a good way to start? Are the Omni's any good? I've heard bad things about the Top Cow omni's so I'm a little wary of Huge Paperbacks.
    I don't know about the condition of the omnis, but I recommend starting with the initial Wonderland trilogy: Return to Wonderland, Beyond Wonderland, and Escape from Wonderland. The Wonderland omni contains those three plus all three volumes of the Tales from Wonderland collected one shots. It's some of the early Zenescope stuff so it's pretty self contained and not involved with the greater Grimm Universe. Great story.

The Robyn Hood trilogy: Robyn Hood, RH: Wanted, and RH: Legend is a close second. Plus, Robyn Hood is a member is the Realm Knights so she meets with other characters of the Grimm Universe more often.

There are other titles, but those are the books I'd recommend to anyone looking to get their feet wet with Zenescope.

The omnis are good. They are huge but they are good if you are looking for a way to read the full line of books. They hold together really well and read easily. Just a little heavy . Tayne Japal is correct the wonderland trilogy is a great place to start and they are all available in the wonderland omnibus if I am correct.

Also, TFAW just started their Progressive Sale so that's a great source to use to pick up back issues/TPBs on the cheap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Also, TFAW just started their Progressive Sale so that's a great source to use to pick up back issues/TPBs on the cheap.
    Not really, as I'm in Canada and get killed on shipping, most of the time I've looked at stuff, the price usually ends up evening out with stores here after shipping is added.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    The omnis are good. They are huge but they are good if you are looking for a way to read the full line of books. They hold together really well and read easily. Just a little heavy . Tayne Japal is correct the wonderland trilogy is a great place to start and they are all available in the wonderland omnibus if I am correct.
    Ok, I might give the Wonderland Omni a try in that case, I'm find with heavy books I just don't want pages to start falling out or anything.

Ok, I might give the Wonderland Omni a try in that case, I'm find with heavy books I just don't want pages to start falling out or anything.
    No they wont. The pages are really good quality paper its not thin or anything.

I always feel so lost on discussion of paper quality and binding because I'm a digital reader. Heh. I am hoping that the Robyn Hood trilogy gets collected in a hardcover, though. I'd totally buy that.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    No they wont. The pages are really good quality paper its not thin or anything.
    Its not to do with the paper, its the bind quality.
    Not sure about Wonderland but theres plenty of horror stories about the GFT omni falling apart.

So is anyone else going to pick up Dark Shaman next week? I think it should be an interesting story and the art looks really good.

Where did you find the preview interior art?

Is that...Slenderman on the past couple covers of Wonderland?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by theonethatdied View Post
    Is that...Slenderman on the past couple covers of Wonderland?
    Nope. The covers they released online are different than the ones that were actually published. Someone in the office pointed out that the Surgeon character looked like Slenderman, so we redesigned all the covers with the Surgeon on them in order to avoid that exact confusion.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

awww... that sucks. both the wife and I agree Slender would be an excellent addition to GFt.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers