Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    I'm very, very confident in Robyn Hood (as of the new ongoing #1) and Grimm Fairy Tales (as of #101) being jumping on points that'll keep you reading. I'm really in love with what we're doing in those books, from the art to the characters to the direction they're letting me take the stories.

As an editor, I'm also inclined to push Wonderland as of #26. Erica J. Heflin is a hell of a writer, and I've been working on bringing her onto a title for a long time. It just needed to be the right title, and since what came before her was so great, I knew she was the person who could take that awesome and make it her own.
    Thanks! I'm gonna pick these up this week and give'em a try...

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed the Goddess Inc. run. The cover on issue #5 by Paolo Pantalena is awesome; wish we could see the Greek gods in their true forms battling like that. The final fight was rather quick for a goddess whose power, supposedly, eclipsed the others'. Not to forget that Zeus was majorly depowered, I understand.

GFT #105, I am glad that's over. I am tired of the "I just want to be a normal girl/guy" tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesWarlock View Post
    I enjoyed the Goddess Inc. run. The cover on issue #5 by Paolo Pantalena is awesome; wish we could see the Greek gods in their true forms battling like that. The final fight was rather quick for a goddess whose power, supposedly, eclipsed the others'. Not to forget that Zeus was majorly depowered, I understand.

GFT #105, I am glad that's over. I am tired of the "I just want to be a normal girl/guy" tropes.
    I too really liked the conclusion of Goddess Inc, though the Venus/Zeus showdown confused the hell out of me. It was a bit ridiculous. Still, good series overall.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Spectacular Member

With the first day of the Zenescope Entertainment 2015 Story Summit over, I thought it’d be a good time to parse some of the news contained within today’s press release for the company’s 10th anniversary.

NEWS WITHIN

* Something I’ve been wanting to talk about for a while is the ROBYN HOOD omnibus. It’s coming out sometime in 2015 (I believe mid) and collects the whole trilogy as well as Robyn Hood vs. Red Riding Hood (one-shot) and Robyn Hood: Age of Darkness. It’s chronological, collecting Larry Watts and my entire pre-ongoing run on the series, and I’m incredibly excited for it.

* All three of my ongoings (Robyn Hood, Grimm Fairy Tales, and Charmed: Season Ten) will continue to publish throughout the year.

* Jeff Massey returns to Oz for a third volume.

* Erica Jeanne Heflin continues as ongoing Wonderland writer.

* More news coming soon.

http://majorspoilers.com/2014/12/17/...0-celebration/

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    With the first day of the Zenescope Entertainment 2015 Story Summit over, I thought it’d be a good time to parse some of the news contained within today’s press release for the company’s 10th anniversary.

NEWS WITHIN

* Something I’ve been wanting to talk about for a while is the ROBYN HOOD omnibus. It’s coming out sometime in 2015 (I believe mid) and collects the whole trilogy as well as Robyn Hood vs. Red Riding Hood (one-shot) and Robyn Hood: Age of Darkness. It’s chronological, collecting Larry Watts and my entire pre-ongoing run on the series, and I’m incredibly excited for it.

* All three of my ongoings (Robyn Hood, Grimm Fairy Tales, and Charmed: Season Ten) will continue to publish throughout the year.

* Jeff Massey returns to Oz for a third volume.

* Erica Jeanne Heflin continues as ongoing Wonderland writer.

* More news coming soon.

http://majorspoilers.com/2014/12/17/...0-celebration/
    That Robyn Hood omnibus news. Yay!

YES! Robyn Hood Omnibus is gonna be a for sure buy for me. What about a possible Age of Darkness omnibus? That would be great too.

GFT March 2015 Solicitations

GFT GRIMM FAIRY TALES #108

(W) Patrick Shand (A) Andrea Meloni
    Burn Your Life Down - Part Two When Ali and Skye unwittingly release a malevolent spirit at Arcane Acre, their burgeoning powers are put to the test when Sela isn't there to save them. Tied up in her duties as protector of Earth, Sela joins with former HiboCorp agent Jessica Ciampo to save a Phoenix stuck in a horrific state between life and death.

GFT JUNGLE BOOK FALL WILD #4 (OF 5)

(W) Mark L. Miller
    The epic Jungle Book story races toward it's thrilling conclusion in this must-read penultimate issue! As the island continues to crumble around them, a brand new menace sails across the roaring sea that threatens to change life for Mowglii and the animal tribes of Kipling forever!

GFT LITTLE MERMAID #2 (OF 5)

(W) Meredith Finch
    Zenescope's brand new re-imagining of a classic continues As Ariel's life is pulled in different directions, she must make a choice that will impact everything and everyone she cares about. And this time, there's no coming back!

GFT REALM WAR #9 (OF 12)

W) Joe Brusha (A) Sami Kivela
    The REALM WAR wages on! *AGE OF DARKNESS Tie-in

GFT ROBYN HOOD ONGOING #8

W) Patrick Shand (A) Roberta Ingranata
    WINDOW TO THE SOUL, PART TWO - conclusion! Robyn and Marian's latest case has gotten really messed up, really quickly. While Robyn is at the mercy of a cult of trust fund kids bent on sacrificing her to an ancient monstrosity, Marian finds herself on the run from a powerful witch. Meanwhile, the Cabal put the finishing touches on a plot to bring New York City to its knees.

GFT TALES OF TERROR #9

'The Hook Man' The age-old urban legend about an escaped, homicidal mental patient comes to life in Zenescope's newest twist on the popular tale. The fun and scary new series from the company that does horror best continues here!

GFT WHITE QUEEN #2

(W) Troy Brownfield
    Wonderland enters the Age of Darkness… and nothing can ever be the same! Calie Liddle of Wonderland must find a way to stop the Dark Queen's evil reign while also keeping her daughter safe. And the self-serving wildcard, The Trickster, just might hold the key to it all. *AGE OF DARKNESS TIE-IN

GFT WONDERLAND #33

(W) Erica J Heflin (A) Vincenzo Riccardi
    LAUNCH POINT! With the White Rabbit uncovering the secrets hidden deep within Wonderland, Calie and Dark Cheshire go on a mountain quest to find the secretive Antipathies. This tri-entity, sickened by the madness that has long infected Wonderland, guards a secret to the Realm's very existence. Elsewhere, a squire to Wonderland's fallen Realm Knights tracks down the Terror and faces his waking nightmares.
    Last edited by Tayne Japal; 12-19-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

As always. Picking up all things GFT. Love that Cover for GFT 108 cant wait to get that.

Preview panel for Robyn Hood 7 by Robberto Ingranata.

image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

This year I am going to complete my collection of GFT single issues. I am probably ~100 maybe ~150 away from having every single issue of GFT main ongoings and all side stories and Mini Series. I am gonna do it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    This year I am going to complete my collection of GFT single issues. I am probably ~100 maybe ~150 away from having every single issue of GFT main ongoings and all side stories and Mini Series. I am gonna do it this year.
    Very impressive. There should be close to 500 single issues in the GFT universe. Take advantage of sales as I always find Zenescope books being sold for cheap, 50-75% off cover.

I'm actually doing the "buy every issue" thing with Top Cow comics, only digitally. Haaaaaa.

But on topic: I read Dark Shaman's latest issue last night. Story-wise, it's really good, but none of the characters have anything resembling character. I get that it's only four issues, but everyone is one dimensional. I did like the moment with the lady deputy sacrificing herself so the college kids could escape, though.

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I'm actually doing the "buy every issue" thing with Top Cow comics, only digitally. Haaaaaa.

But on topic: I read Dark Shaman's latest issue last night. Story-wise, it's really good, but none of the characters have anything resembling character. I get that it's only four issues, but everyone is one dimensional. I did like the moment with the lady deputy sacrificing herself so the college kids could escape, though.
    I understand what your saying. I read the first issue and the art was good and the story was good but I found it very dry in terms of character. Though I am enjoying the series.

I am excited for this year and Zenescopes 10 issues a month to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. There are 5 ongoings this year including Realm War so I think it will be fun to see some new installments of OZ and Jungle Book. I am hoping to see another book focused around Venus like Goddess Inc. which I thought was amazing. Maybe some new stuff as well. I really like the idea of the little mermaid getting a mini so we will see regarding that. Looks like I will be adding 120+ Zenescope books to my collection this year

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I am excited for this year and Zenescopes 10 issues a month to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. There are 5 ongoings this year including Realm War so I think it will be fun to see some new installments of OZ and Jungle Book. I am hoping to see another book focused around Venus like Goddess Inc. which I thought was amazing. Maybe some new stuff as well. I really like the idea of the little mermaid getting a mini so we will see regarding that. Looks like I will be adding 120+ Zenescope books to my collection this year
    I feel like Oz might be the next set of minis to go ongoing if any of them do. I haven't read any of them, though I plan on it eventually, it's just a feeling.