Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    Binged on the end of Wonderland thanks to the Comixology sale. Excited for the epilogue tomorrow, but I feel like it was a little rushed. Especially the showdown with the Queen of Hearts.
    You're not alone in feeling that way. The fight with the Ace of Spades felt even more rushed. Callie and Co. are exiled from Wonderland for what, ten issues? Return in one issue for the final fight? Yeah, it was time to put this title to bed.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I am sadly behind on my reading, but I am glad to hear the end was good. Looks like they are rebooting with a new #1 under this genesis title.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...e-in-december/

Sadly, with the relaunch it looks like Zenescope is continuing the practice of soliciting books with Brusha and Tedesco as place holder writers and no artists attached to the projects. I don't see why they just can't get some known creators to help launch a book before returning to their work for hire pool of creators. I don't think I've ever seen a company care this less about generating buzz for their new books, but I get emails from them everyday asking me to buy something from their online store.
    Last edited by Tayne Japal; 09-22-2016 at 06:34 AM.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/09/...e-in-december/

Sadly, with the relaunch it looks like Zenescope is continuing the practice of soliciting books with Brusha and Tedesco as place holder writers and no artists attached to the projects. I don't see why they just can't get some known creators to help launch a book before returning to their work for hire pool of creators. I don't think I've ever seen a company care this less about generating buzz for their new books, but I get emails from them everyday asking me to buy something from their online store.
    I don't have the longest history with the company, but there have been some shifts as-of-late that make me uncomfortable. The death of all its ongoings all at once is a big part of that.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Oh man I really hope that someone posts the covers for the December books because so far I have not been able to find them anywhere online.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Oh man I really hope that someone posts the covers for the December books because so far I have not been able to find them anywhere online.
    http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/zenes...solicitations/

yeah I just saw these the other day guess I was getting a little antsy. Definitely picking up the box.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

All-New Member

Ok so I've read up to GFT #125, and Wonderland Finale(Wonderland #51). I'd like to avoid spoilers; so I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to add a spoiler button to posts so I can ask my question directly?

2. If not, from a perspective of the overall canon and timeline; which events happened last? The events of GFT #125, or Wonderland Finale? Because it sort of answers a different question I have regarding Wonderland Finale.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer these questions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KDXX View Post
    Ok so I've read up to GFT #125, and Wonderland Finale(Wonderland #51). I'd like to avoid spoilers; so I have two questions.

1. Is there a way to add a spoiler button to posts so I can ask my question directly?

2. If not, from a perspective of the overall canon and timeline; which events happened last? The events of GFT #125, or Wonderland Finale? Because it sort of answers a different question I have regarding Wonderland Finale.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer these questions.
    Hey!

Grimm Fairy Tales #125 happens well before Wonderland Finale.

All-New Member

Crud, I was hoping it was the other way around; because that raises questions about the meaning of the last page of Wonderland Finale....and not in a good way.

Ty again for the answer though. Is there a way to add a "spoiler" button?

Is there a way to add a "spoiler" button?
    Spoiler tags: http://community.comicbookresources....o=bbcode#spoil
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

All-New Member

Ty again for the swift answer.

So here's my real question, regarding Wonderland Finale:
    spoilers:
    In Wonderland Finale there's an instance where Violet makes a commentary that upon death; the mind might simply continues with a fake version of life. Afterwards, having been attacked at the bowling alley, Violet is of course dying on the ground; and Calie is bargaining with the Queen of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts swings her axe; and we're shown that Violet is revived and the nightmare is over; "Just like that." However in the last page, Cheshire arrives; and after a brief panel pause let's out a cry, presumably of anguish or frustration. So, my question is this. Is Cheshire's reaction an implication that he's discovered their dead bodies and the only reason the Wonderland nightmare ended so suddenly is because they're dead? Has there been any extrapolation from those in the know on whether Calie or Violet survived or not?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by KDXX; 10-02-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Spectacular Member

Ty again for the swift answer.

So here's my real question, regarding Wonderland Finale:
    spoilers:
    In Wonderland Finale there's an instance where Violet makes a commentary that upon death; the mind might simply continues with a fake version of life. Afterwards, having been attacked at the bowling alley, Violet is of course dying on the ground; and Calie is bargaining with the Queen of Hearts. The Queen of Hearts swings her axe; and we're shown that Violet is revived and the nightmare is over; "Just like that." However in the last page, Cheshire arrives; and after a brief panel pause let's out a cry, presumably of anguish or frustration. So, my question is this. Is Cheshire's reaction an implication that he's discovered their dead bodies and the only reason the Wonderland nightmare ended so suddenly is because they're dead? Has there been any extrapolation from those in the know on whether Calie or Violet survived or not?
    end of spoilers
    I'll say this... I purposely left it open to interpretation. However, everything you've said here aligns with my intent and personal interpretation of the scene. Which I am very glad to read, because very, very few people have spoken about this interpretation. Most just went with "Everything is suddenly okay," which I (as a reader) don't quite understand. That, to me, is to look at the end without the context of the beginning. So, in short, you're right on the money.

That will, of course, change if someone else writes those characters in the future, but I thought the best way to end the series was to leave the reader with something a little sweet and a little horrible that might just be a dream.

All-New Member

Well...I'll say this...it fits the story, it's well done; and I respect it. That said...

spoilers:
    I hope, really, sincerely hope beyond words; that someone picks up the story and finishes it with a happy ending...because right now, it hurts, to the point of losing sleep; to believe that they died. I'm one of those ridiculously logical people that can't trick myself into believing Cheshire cried out for no reason. So in essence, there is no other possible interpretation; which is really horrible for me....
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Well...I'll say this...it fits the story, it's well done; and I respect it. That said...

spoilers:
    I hope, really, sincerely hope beyond words; that someone picks up the story and finishes it with a happy ending...because right now, it hurts, to the point of losing sleep; to believe that they died. I'm one of those ridiculously logical people that can't trick myself into believing Cheshire cried out for no reason. So in essence, there is no other possible interpretation; which is really horrible for me....
    end of spoilers
    Regarding Cheshire, even thinking logically, there are a bunch of other possible interpretations.

1. He cried out in joy. Thought they were dead, and found out he was wrong.
    2. They could've left already, and he could've been ambushed and kidnapped by the Queen at the alley, starting a whole new conflict.

Those are honestly just two off of the top of my head, just riffing. (Though I have seen the second one mentioned, debated a bit.) It really is specifically meant to be open to interpretation, but it's also meant -- either way -- to be disturbing, just like the beginning of the story was. A lot of what that issue did harkened back to the structure of the original Wonderland trilogy, particularly Escape where you never knew if what you were seeing was real until the end. Now that we're at the actual end, leaving the choice in the readers' hands was best, I feel. Was it a dream? Was it a nightmare? Is everything okay, is it not? Your call! I have my answer, but it is purposely designed for readers to be able to have multiple 'true' interpretations that could be backed up in the text.

Anyway, no matter how it goes down in the future, I really doubt this is the last Calie/Violet story you'll read. Zenescope loves brining back characters and titles.

All-New Member

I certainly hope so. My logical comparison of the reason for Cheshire's noise, was a comparison to a similar noise made coming out of the mirror on previous pages; one of displeasure. Also the assumption that the finale was the finale. But hopefully it gets picked up again.