Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Big fat maybes to GFT, Wonderland and Robyn Hood.

I'll be getting everything as of right now.

Will be picking up Robyn Hood, Wonderland #28, and Goddess Inc. I may try to fit in the Dark Shaman book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Robyn Hood and the Masumi mini for me.

I am also getting Charmed Season 10 from them, by Pat Shard! Just a side non GFT note.
    it's been so long since I've seen Charmed On Television that I'm not even sure If I'd bother with a comic book(don't recall myself being a big fan of the show or anything)

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it's been so long since I've seen Charmed On Television that I'm not even sure If I'd bother with a comic book(don't recall myself being a big fan of the show or anything)
    Ah well I was and am a big fan of the show! Every summer I watch all the seasons over again. The last series Season 9 from Zene was amazing! And I was worried that they were not going to do a season 10. But yay! They did.

And reruns for Charmed are always on TnT in the morning! :P I watch them before I head to college.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Definitely getting Robyn Hood. Might get Goddess Inc if I can work out the budget. I'm not terribly interested in the rest of the line.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

BANNED

according to the solicits Robyn Hood is jumping from $2.99 to $3.99 after just two issues....it might not matter much to you guys but to me that just made things a bit more expensive for me and considering Ms Marvel is the only $2.99 book on my pull list I Certainly can't take another $3.99 Book

seems more and more likely that $3.99 is the end all be all price point for comic book issues

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    according to the solicits Robyn Hood is jumping from $2.99 to $3.99 after just two issues....it might not matter much to you guys but to me that just made things a bit more expensive for me and considering Ms Marvel is the only $2.99 book on my pull list I Certainly can't take another $3.99 Book

seems more and more likely that $3.99 is the end all be all price point for comic book issues
    I've accepted it as a reality. Indie books need the extra revenue. Only a Marvel or DC can compete on a $2.99 budget, and even they charge $3.99 for half their book. It's hella expensive being a comic fan and I've let a lot of books I like fall to the wayside so I can keep reading the books I love.

BANNED

it just seems weird to price the first two issues at $2.99 and then decide to increase it to $3.99 at the third issue

because at that point you gotta ask yourself if said title is worth $4...will it be four dollars good?

It probably started at $2.99 as an entry point. If enough folks like it, they'll stick with the book when it bumps up another dollar. I know more than few Image titles have launched cheap, then jumped up with issue 2.

BANNED

but everyone needs some $2.99 titles that aren't mini's it keeps everyone from dropping comics all the time

Not that big a deal since I pre-order books anyway at a discount (usually 30-40% at DCBS). I just read Robyn Hood Wanted over the weekend and I'll get to Robyn Hood Legend sometime this week. Easily becoming my favorite Zenescope book and if Shand and Watts keep up the great work, it'll be worth it. Most of Zenescope books are $3.99 anyways.

Or Zenescope could just be getting greedy after noticing the pre-order numbers for the first two issues. I know some creators for some of Image books I read released a statement explaining why they upped their prices, so let's see if Zenescope does the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Not that big a deal since I pre-order books anyway at a discount (usually 30-40% at DCBS). I just read Robyn Hood Wanted over the weekend and I'll get to Robyn Hood Legend sometime this week. Easily becoming my favorite Zenescope book and if Shand and Watts keep up the great work, it'll be worth it. Most of Zenescope books are $3.99 anyways.

Or Zenescope could just be getting greedy after noticing the pre-order numbers for the first two issues. I know some creators for some of Image books I read released a statement explaining why they upped their prices, so let's see if Zenescope does the same.
    well previously i was told that the $3.99 titles exist to protect the $2.99 titles and keep them at that price but now that almost every book is $3.99 that answer goes out the window

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Prices are going up on everything. I new comics would do the same at some point. Its just a thing to deal with. It sucks, but if the story is worth it. I will pick up the series. And Robyn Hood is worth it to me.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

makes you wonder how long until the standard price point is $4.99