Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    makes you wonder how long until the standard price point is $4.99
    Oh god... Dont ever say this again. But I really cant wait for the Robyn Hood ongoing and I completely understand the move to $4 they probably got amazing pre-order numbers and think that the numbers warrant an increased price I dont mind it for a good book.

Nah, companies won't be able to charge $4.99 for the standard 32 page comic and expect to stay in business. Especially when a lot of great creator-owned Image comics have 2.99 and 3.50 cover prices and printed on better quality paper.

The way Robyn Hood has been handled since its debut mini-series has been great. It has always been Patrick Shand and Larry Watts (except issue 3 of volume 1 and RH vs. RRH). Probably the most stable creative team going at Zenescope. The preview of the Robyn Hood looks great. I'm getting a Tim Seely's Witchblade vibe from it, which is a good thing because I enjoyed his run on that book.
    Last edited by Tayne Japal; 07-22-2014 at 06:13 PM.

BANNED

Hey Never Say Never...Prices are always increasing on everything it seems like and at one time nobody thought Gas Prices Could Get Any Higher But they did

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Nah, companies won't be able to charge $4.99 for the standard 32 page comic and expect to stay in business. Especially when a lot of great creator-owned Image comics have 2.99 and 3.50 cover prices and printed on better quality paper.

The way Robyn Hood has been handled since its debut mini-series has been great. It has always been Patrick Shand and Larry Watts (except issue 3 of volume 1 and RH vs. RRH). Probably the most stable creative team going at Zenescope. The preview of the Robyn Hood looks great. I'm getting a Tim Seely's Witchblade vibe from it, which is a good thing because I enjoyed his run on that book.
    Yeah, I agree that it will be a long time before the norm is $4.99. There will have to be significant inflation for that to happen. To put this in perspective, a large if not dominant portion of indies charged $3.99 as early as 2007. Marvel and DC are clearly gravitating toward that, and some companies even put twenty -- NOT twenty-two -- page comics at a $3.99 price point. We've offered 22-24 pages at $2.99 for longer than the vast, vast majority, but unfortunately, because of the evolving market, we have to make that leap up to keep putting books out. I hope you guys stick with the books.

And hey, thanks for the kind words about me and Larry. Because of the nature of the ongoing, we'll have rotating artists so Larry doesn't break his back over the book, so that's also something I hope you guys like. The ongoing, instead of long and intense arcs like we had in the trilogy, will be made up of shorter arcs and one-shots, allowing me and Larry to tell the major storyline together while having other artists -- one of the first is Tony Brescini, who is drawing a Robyn/Red Riding Hood vs. monsters during a NYC blackout arc -- contribute toward the ongoing narrative.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post
    Yeah, I agree that it will be a long time before the norm is $4.99. There will have to be significant inflation for that to happen. To put this in perspective, a large if not dominant portion of indies charged $3.99 as early as 2007. Marvel and DC are clearly gravitating toward that, and some companies even put twenty -- NOT twenty-two -- page comics at a $3.99 price point. We've offered 22-24 pages at $2.99 for longer than the vast, vast majority, but unfortunately, because of the evolving market, we have to make that leap up to keep putting books out. I hope you guys stick with the books.

And hey, thanks for the kind words about me and Larry. Because of the nature of the ongoing, we'll have rotating artists so Larry doesn't break his back over the book, so that's also something I hope you guys like. The ongoing, instead of long and intense arcs like we had in the trilogy, will be made up of shorter arcs and one-shots, allowing me and Larry to tell the major storyline together while having other artists -- one of the first is Tony Brescini, who is drawing a Robyn/Red Riding Hood vs. monsters during a NYC blackout arc -- contribute toward the ongoing narrative.
    Sweet! Sounds great! Thanks for letting us know. I am excited.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Thanks for keeping us informed. Tony does some great work and a great choice for the Robyn Hood/Red Riding Hood team up.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickShand View Post

This is why Zenescope is taking over my pull list. Honest and detailed information about whats coming. I cant wait to read this.

BANNED

Just read Realm War #1.

Damn, that was nasty. The Dark Queen is completely sick. A very brutal vision of a post-apocalyptic world.

I'm going to hate myself for saying this but i have been interested in getting GFT for a while but i'm a big Marvel Fan and a completest to boot, (meaning i have to get every trade i can it sucks,) an example i have 32 trades on my order list for next month and then i promised my folks i wouldn't get any in sept or oct so it will be Nov until i order again but i counted the GFT trades and there was somethink like 50. I'm thinking of adding the Robyn Hood minis and maybe the different season so that would have me at about 40. Can't really order more than that, are there any trades i should avoid. BTW i have a problem with Hardbacks i'm generally not a fan of them.

Mr Shand is Zenescope think of adding more digital comics in Kindle Format, i looked on amazon.co.uk and only found 3 titles.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    I'm going to hate myself for saying this but i have been interested in getting GFT for a while but i'm a big Marvel Fan and a completest to boot, (meaning i have to get every trade i can it sucks,) an example i have 32 trades on my order list for next month and then i promised my folks i wouldn't get any in sept or oct so it will be Nov until i order again but i counted the GFT trades and there was somethink like 50. I'm thinking of adding the Robyn Hood minis and maybe the different season so that would have me at about 40. Can't really order more than that, are there any trades i should avoid. BTW i have a problem with Hardbacks i'm generally not a fan of them.

Mr Shand is Zenescope think of adding more digital comics in Kindle Format, i looked on amazon.co.uk and only found 3 titles.
    Could be worse you could be a completest like me and have to have every single issue not just trades. Its a gift and a curse haha. But really I highly recommend everything in the Grimm Fairy Tales Universe you cant go wrong here.

That's some comic budget you have there! Outside of the Robyn Hood series, I suggest starting with the Wonderland books/TPBs. In order they would be Alice in Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, Beyond Wonderland, Escape from Wonderland, Call of Wonderland, and Madness of Wonderland. I think Wonderland Through the Looking Glass is next. Down the Rabbit Hole is in there somewhere too. The Tales From Wonderland one-shots are also collected in trades. These are the stories that predate the Wonderland ongoing series. Wonderland is also the most cohesive realm in the GFT universe. I personally didn't like the initial Oz story, so that would be my only suggested title to avoid.

unnamed.jpg

That's some comic budget you have there! Outside of the Robyn Hood series, I suggest starting with the Wonderland books/TPBs. In order they would be Alice in Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, Beyond Wonderland, Escape from Wonderland, Call of Wonderland, and Madness of Wonderland. I think Wonderland Through the Looking Glass is next. Down the Rabbit Hole is in there somewhere too. The Tales From Wonderland one-shots are also collected in trades. These are the stories that predate the Wonderland ongoing series. Wonderland is also the most cohesive realm in the GFT universe. I personally didn't like the initial Oz story, so that would be my only suggested title to avoid.

unnamed.jpg
    OMG I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR A TIMELINE! do you have one for the main series with all the tie ins and cross overs? or where could one go to find one. I have been searching the interwebs for a while.

BANNED

unnamed.jpg
    I'd recommend a new reader reading Alice in Wonderland after Escape from Wonderland. As a prequel it makes sense to read it after the main trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Could be worse you could be a completest like me and have to have every single issue not just trades. Its a gift and a curse haha. But really I highly recommend everything in the Grimm Fairy Tales Universe you cant go wrong here.
    ATM i have started getting into Top Cow along with my Marvel collecting (not a fan of Darkness so i think its only two titles once i get caught up) The only other thing is where to put them, i'm not 100% sure what i'll do but if i don't need the Oz story then i can stay clear is it a spinoff or the main series Tayne can you tell me, maybe when things calm down with Marvel, I'm lose a few titles because i hate the direction (and also no desire to get them)
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    OMG I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR A TIMELINE! do you have one for the main series with all the tie ins and cross overs? or where could one go to find one. I have been searching the interwebs for a while.
    I received the Wonderland in a random email from Zenescope and thought saving it was a good idea. I haven't gotten anything for any other timeline. Yet..(hint, hint).