Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1355
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Valerie Cooper, Layla Miller, Callisto, the High Evolutionary, Cristalys, Vision, Thomas Shepherd, William Kaplan (Wiccan), Havok, Lorna, Hank Pym...

Man, I love these panels.
    I really loved the interaction between Pietro and Val. I thought they were perfect for each other... But that ship has sailed ;_; especially since Val has been M.I.A since Madrox's X-Factor disbanded...in fact what the heck happened to that X-Factor crew? I think most of the members are currently in limbo. But I digress.
    I feel he didn't interact much with his nephews. Even Wanda hasn't interacted much with her own children. It's kind of frustrating to see these potentially interesting relationships never get explored.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Spoilers for this weeks issue of Avengers and Pietro's upcoming mini. It's from the twitter account of the mini's writer, Saladin Ahmed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/saladinah...59108869279744

This is the scene from the Avengers that the above tweet was about.
    https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xy...1039253223.jpg

spoilers:
    Now, taking the info from the Avengers page and the nature of Pietro's mini, I believe that Pietro is getting a long overdue power up. Specifically, that his powers are going to be super speed by ways of time manipulation. Why else would he be able to see the time stop ball things on Squirrel Girl and Vision like that and no one else?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    spoilers:
    Now, taking the info from the Avengers page and the nature of Pietro's mini, I believe that Pietro is getting a long overdue power up. Specifically, that his powers are going to be super speed by ways of time manipulation. Why else would he be able to see the time stop ball things on Squirrel Girl and Vision like that and no one else?
    end of spoilers
    Personally, I don't really think Pietro needs a power up. The guy is plenty strong enough as it is, it's just writers have very little idea what to do with him in a battle field that contains teammates. Once he works alone (and usually he's a bad guy when he works alone), then you can see how really powerful he is in battle. It's not super unusual for Pietro to see things other can't see: he sees at a faster rate than other people, so he can see things that whizz by.
    But that's just what I think. It will be interesting to see how the blue lights tie up to the series...and also what that Avenger issue with him on the cover will be about.

QUICKSILVER: NO SURRENDER #2
    SALADIN AHMED (W) ERIC NGUYEN (A) COVER BY MARTIN SIMMONDS

RACING OUT OF THE PAGES OF "AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER"!

* Even at the best of times, Pietro Maximoff has found a way to become his own worst enemy. And as he fights for survival alone, at the edge of reality, his personal demons loom larger than ever.

* Can Quicksilver overcome his flaws and find his way home? Or is he doomed to be lost forever?

A link to the cover

https://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xy...1571368597.jpg

BANNED

Quicksilver #5 Mar 1998
    "Mad City" Part 2 of 3. Guest-starring the Inhumans and the Scarlet Witch.
    With help from Fabian Cortez, Maximus the Mad takes over New Attilan!

And the crazy inhuman's first action is to mind control Black Bolt, Gorgon, Karnak, Medusa, and Triton; and then order them to destroy the city!

As the Inhumans' homeland descends into chaos; Pietro, Crystal, and the Scarlet Witch try to restore order and rescue Luna!

Plot by Tom Peyer. Script by Joe Edkin. Pencils by Derec Aucoin. Inks by Rich Faber, Jason Martin, and Ralph Cabrera.

One of my favorite Quicksilver moments:

"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

There is so much to love in those panels: Pietro's long hair wings (almost non-existent today), using his speed powers in new ways and the "bouncing" pong-like off of obstacles! I think they only used that for about 20 more issues it so, then we never saw him do it again.

Also, Wanda's iconic costume, hair style and hair color.

Voyager History continued in Quicksilver miniserie
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...ondercon-2018/

Incredible Member

Well, Quicksilver is now "dead". I hope the mini will lead to his resurrection, but I'm pessimistic. I wonder if the frozen world he inhabits will be DURING the battle... heck, maybe he's the one who actually beats the bad guy in "No surrender". Do we know how often the mini will come out? It's kind of frustrating that we haven't had any more info on this mini apart from the fact that Pietro is in a frozen world.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    A Pietro if they decide to return it in the short term, it will not have that level of power, that speed, was enhanced by the powers of witchcraft (alter reality of Wanda) and Zynapse stale the doubts of his mind.

It is not something that the solo does.

Nice (although brief) romantic moment for Pietro in Avengers #688. Not gonna spoil it so I'll post a previous one.

Quicjsilver1.jpg
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Nice (although brief) romantic moment for Pietro in Avengers #688. Not gonna spoil it so I'll post a previous one.

Quicjsilver1.jpg
    Good idea.......and at least one storyline have been resovled from the UNNCANNY AVENGERS Series.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 04-17-2018 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Personally, I don't really think Pietro needs a power up. The guy is plenty strong enough as it is, it's just writers have very little idea what to do with him in a battle field that contains teammates. Once he works alone (and usually he's a bad guy when he works alone), then you can see how really powerful he is in battle. It's not super unusual for Pietro to see things other can't see: he sees at a faster rate than other people, so he can see things that whizz by.
    But that's just what I think. It will be interesting to see how the blue lights tie up to the series...and also what that Avenger issue with him on the cover will be about.
    I agree, Pietro's current power level is fine as is. I mean, unless some of you want him to resemble more of that turd they have portraying him in the X-flicks.