Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

It's SOOOOO Pietro.
    TOTAL Pietro attitude, right there.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    I'd honestly give my right ball for a PAD-penned Pietro ongoing.
    I think everyone in this thread would, Buttocks. We all dream of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Well, since Spasticat already posted it in the appreciation thread for X-Factor, I don't think she'll mind if I put it up here. This is HER art. She made this.
    LOL! That is too funny!

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    I'd honestly give my right ball for a PAD-penned Pietro ongoing.
    Yep, I'd give your right ball too captain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Where is this from? I've seen these scans before, but I just want to know the context likewhy is Quicksilver beating up other heroes? Was he in one of his evil phases?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    LOL I fully agree with anyone who is opposed to reading Ultimate Quicksilver for that very reason. I started reading the ultimate line before that little bit of information was put out there. It was a few years going by the time Ultimates 3 came out IIRC and when I picked up that issue I promptly said I was done with the Ultimate line. The Quicksilver and Wanda thing was one of the many reasons I stopped reading that line...but recently I broke and picked up a few of the issue where Quicksilver went villain simply because a few people told me he was pretty cool in the issue.
    I actually like Ultimate Quicksilver, mostly because he was a fairly "consistent" character. The thing that bugs me with 616-Pietro is that it took a very long time for Marvel to figure out the character. In the beginning, he didn't really have a distinct voice, he was like any other hero , then when a writer (forgot his name) decided to separate him from his twin, he was written as a huge HUGE *******. Likewise, Pietro and Wanda's origins were rewritten a few times and as a result their history is super convoluted. Reading the old comics, it sometimes feels as though I'm reading a different character because the personality and history is different than how he is currently depicted.
    By the time Marvel decided to do the Ultimate line, they knew who Quicksilver was supposed to be from the get go: son of Magneto, a smart ass with a violent streak who usually means well but fails. There is no High Evolutionary, no Whizzer, no Bova, no Django Maximoff to contend with. He doesn't change from a happy go lucky guy to gigantic douche in one issue.
    As for the incest, I didn't mind it. I'm fairly immune to the idea of fictional characters being incestuous (I think that's because I've watched a lot of japanese cartoons and comics where incest is a bit more common for some weird reason.) In a way, it sort of made sense for Pietro and Wanda to be like that. I mean, if Magneto is the guy who raises you, you can't come out of that experience without being a bit twisted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Where is this from? I've seen these scans before, but I just want to know the context likewhy is Quicksilver beating up other heroes? Was he in one of his evil phases?
    It was in Infinity War and No some of the heroes had "evil" doppelgängers to face the real guys. I forget which is which though.....

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Does anybody have a link for the mash up that was done with QS's new movie costume, and the old X factor dialogue? I think it was Living Silver, but I'm not sure.

It was too good to be lost with everything else on the old boards.

BANNED

I thought this was pretty cool...sad...but still cool

Trident-
    That is soooooooo sad.
    But so true.
    BUT SO SAD.

Early reports coming from movie viewers are that despite the questionable wardrobe, Quicksilver steals the show in the scenes he's in for DoFP.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Early reports coming from movie viewers are that despite the questionable wardrobe, Quicksilver steals the show in the scenes he's in for DoFP.
    I'm glad to hear that. People must know and fall in love with Pietro's sassiness

I'm glad to hear that. People must know and fall in love with Pietro's sassiness
    Hopefully he's popular enough that they can give him bigger roles in future movies. I like Evan Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    WHY does everyone reference Jersey Shore on here?
    People should be ashamed, **** like that should NEVER be referenced in ANYWHERE.

I actually like Ultimate Quicksilver, mostly because he was a fairly "consistent" character. The thing that bugs me with 616-Pietro is that it took a very long time for Marvel to figure out the character. In the beginning, he didn't really have a distinct voice, he was like any other hero , then when a writer (forgot his name) decided to separate him from his twin, he was written as a huge HUGE *******. Likewise, Pietro and Wanda's origins were rewritten a few times and as a result their history is super convoluted. Reading the old comics, it sometimes feels as though I'm reading a different character because the personality and history is different than how he is currently depicted.
    By the time Marvel decided to do the Ultimate line, they knew who Quicksilver was supposed to be from the get go: son of Magneto, a smart ass with a violent streak who usually means well but fails. There is no High Evolutionary, no Whizzer, no Bova, no Django Maximoff to contend with. He doesn't change from a happy go lucky guy to gigantic douche in one issue.
    As for the incest, I didn't mind it. I'm fairly immune to the idea of fictional characters being incestuous (I think that's because I've watched a lot of japanese cartoons and comics where incest is a bit more common for some weird reason.) In a way, it sort of made sense for Pietro and Wanda to be like that. I mean, if Magneto is the guy who raises you, you can't come out of that experience without being a bit twisted.
    I've watched my share of Japanese cartoons and incest in them is too common but it's to be expected when you watch Japanese animation so you're prepared. Though I still don't get their attraction with that concept. Now when it comes to ultimate version of the twins I know that being Magneto's children, especially the ultimate one and being raised by him it's not surprising but expected that the they'd be fucked up and them being incestuous was probably close to realistic portrayal. But having said that I just can't get past the fact that incest is fucking disgusting and I don't want to read about superheroes that do sick and disgusting stuff like that. And it's not like I want my heroes to be boyscouts and goody two shoes, far from it, I actually prefer anti-heroes or morally grey characters. But in ultimate comics every other hero was just a horrible and completely unlikable and irredeemable *******. Everyone was either a racist, drug addict, cannibal, sexual deviant, wife beater or psychopath. There were very few that weren't like that. Actually I think only ultimate comic that didn't feature characters like that, at least as main characters/heroes, might have been ultimate spidey. No wonder it's the only title that has consistently stayed popular compared to others... (not that there aren't probably many other reasons but still)
    Last edited by Tomppa; 05-08-2014 at 07:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That is good news. I may not being seeing the movie but any good press for Quicksilver is worth having. Who knows maybe Marvel comics will be more motivated to push Pietro if the movie does well.

I'm sure if the movie is a success Fox will be like....