Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Nor is his hair really grey, nor is he THAT young. And his eyes are frost blue. AND his hair is not that long and never would be.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    For me, I could always ignore the incest between Pietro and Wanda because it was never actually shown. I could always construe their closeness as them being family (just like captain America thought in Ultimates 3) and not anything else. I mean they never kissed on panel and that's fine by me. The thing that DOES annoy me about the ultimate line is that, for some reason, people not acquainted with comics think 616-Pietro and Wanda are incestuous. I mean, the one time I told my friends Quicksilver was my favorite Marvel character, the first thing out of their mouths are "isn't he the one that screws his sister?". And of course I have to explain that the twins are close, but not THAT close.
    I just wonder why the incest is so salient in people's mind. I mean, I don't see people saying the Hulk is a cannibal (which he was in the Ultimates) and that's a lot worse than incest.
    I think things like Hank Pym beating Wasp and Pietro/Wanda being incestuous stay because they are very extreme takes on something that has appeared in regular comics. Hank Pym did hit Wasp once in 616, and Wanda/Pietro have been pretty close to each other over the years, especially how Pietro was very protective of Wanda so naturally UC took it to the extreme the way they did. Things like Hulk being a cannibal however were completely conceived in UC and nothing like that has ever appeared or been hinted at in 616. That's my theory about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    True but Cold Water was just joking.

On the topic of Incest in comics: It's Disgusting okay, it happens enough as it is in real life it doesn't need to begin flooding fiction particularly the type in which characters dress up in Spandex sure you can say it is fictional so it doesn't matter because it isn't real but it's still messed up that we constantly have to portray stuff like this in something that is a form of escapism and the fact that people would want to put it into comics disgusts me, maybe I'd be fine with it being in comics if they actually tried to talk about this issue in a mature way and not for pure shock value, same goes for when Writers put Rape in comics.

Oh and Ultimate Hulk is an abomination really Marvel? Making a character who is misunderstood into one of the worst kinds of monsters around Real Smart BRUH.
    I know, so was I, mostly. I still hate Jersey Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm always paranoid about that sort of stuff, but if you say it won't happen, then good.
    I don't think it'll happen either. Now that Marvel makes their own movies they no longer change things to match with films of other studios, only when they want to change things to match their own films. So they won't give US a costume change after Fox's X-Men movie because they want to wait and see what Avengers sequel does with him and then they change him to resemble the version in that movie.

That's something I noticed with a lot of people who just have cursory knowledge of Quicksilver: they all think he's a bad guy. Really, Quicksilver's not that bad. He may be arrogant, impatient, and very knowledgeable in manipulation and deceiving people, but really he's pretty decent (I know that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Pietro's good guy creds)
    The one BIG difference between comic Pietro and his cartoon counterparts is that comic Pietro wants nothing to do with his father whereas the two cartoon Pietros really want their dad's acceptance... which is why they're bad guys in the cartoons.
    I'd like to see him in an Avengers cartoon. Why they haven't put him in one is beyond me: he's classic Avengers people!
    His negative qualities are the reason why he is a pretty compelling character and as a hero he walks the thin line between hero and villain kind of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    I know, so was I, mostly. I still hate Jersey Shore.
    SO DO I.
    Do you think I referenced the show out of love for it?
    I think it's pretty obvious that I did not.

^^^^
    That probably sounds crappier than I actually meant it.

BANNED

Some cool Artz!

BANNED

Old school goodness

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Holy S#!T BALLS Trident- you've been on FIRE!

I just got a new job, so I've been extra busy lately, but even if I wasn't I don't think I'd be able to dig up all of cools scans that you've posted. Wowz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Does anybody have a link for the mash up that was done with QS's new movie costume, and the old X factor dialogue? I think it was Living Silver, but I'm not sure.

It was too good to be lost with everything else on the old boards.
    Yup, I made it ...

Last edited by Living Silver; 05-10-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    Quicksilver.tk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post

I just got a new job, so I've been extra busy lately, but even if I wasn't I don't think I'd be able to dig up all of cools scans that you've posted. Wowz.

Yup, I made it ...

Pahahahaahahaha OMG That's Gold! Well technically it's Silver

Yup, I made it ...

Best. Thing. EVER.

BANNED

Lorna trying to get Pietro to smile haha

Just know he doesn't need Goggles, nor does he listen to Punk Rock or dress like Dazzler.
    I will remember that!

I was wondering too if it is a safe assumption that in the movie story he won't be Magneto's son? Or is that still possible?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I will remember that!

I was wondering too if it is a safe assumption that in the movie story he won't be Magneto's son? Or is that still possible?
    They said they'll allude to it.

It's probably gonna be like this:

Funny image on the Quicksilver smile! And thank you FBE for the information, I can't wait to see the movie

They said they'll allude to it.

It's probably gonna be like this:

The painful reminder that Nightcrawler was godly and carved, and Mystique apparently didn't birth him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    The painful reminder that Nightcrawler was godly and carved, and Mystique apparently didn't birth him.
    She did, I mean it's Fox they didn't show anything on screen but his daddy was in First Class along with Mystique.

Who knows they might actually mention it in Apocalypse.

and yes the Scales on Mystique and Carvings on Nightcrawler suck just like the Goggles and Long Hair on Quicksilver

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Yup, I made it ...

Thank you very much LS! Even funnier than I remembered.