Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Could someone be a dear and link me to what Brevoort said about Quicksilver?

BANNED

This would have made a great movie costume!

Family Moment

BANNED

Suck it Flash!

Take that Mister X

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Could someone be a dear and link me to what Brevoort said about Quicksilver?
    Took me forever to find it. It's on his Tumblr: http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...ic-universe-is
    Here's what he said:
    "I’m not sure exactly what specifically Peter was talking about, but it may have to do with the fact that I was quite honest when the X-FACTOR editorial team came to speak with me about including Quicksilver in the series—with him appearing in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON in some manner, I’m going to want him avallable to be back in the AVENGERS titles at around that same time. There’s a bit more to it than that, but my guess is that that’s what Peter is referring to—and that isn’t about the movie universe insisting on something, it’s about me not being an idiot and planning for the future."
    It may just mean they'll want him in the Avengers around the time the movie comes out, but he can return to X-Factor once the promotional push is over (i'm trying to be optimistic)

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

Personally I'm just glad that he is getting some recognition in the next Avengers movie. In the Marvel Universe he is pretty much the biggest speedster out there and I really hope that the Avengers movie does him justice.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    This would have made a great movie costume!

Family Moment
    Damn I want that first suit I hope I can buy that somewhere lol.

I really like that second picture it's kind of a fusion of his Black 90s outfit and his Blue outfit!

That's a lovely family moment we need a Magnus family reunion at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Took me forever to find it. It's on his Tumblr: http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...ic-universe-is
    Here's what he said:
    "I’m not sure exactly what specifically Peter was talking about, but it may have to do with the fact that I was quite honest when the X-FACTOR editorial team came to speak with me about including Quicksilver in the series—with him appearing in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON in some manner, I’m going to want him avallable to be back in the AVENGERS titles at around that same time. There’s a bit more to it than that, but my guess is that that’s what Peter is referring to—and that isn’t about the movie universe insisting on something, it’s about me not being an idiot and planning for the future."
    It may just mean they'll want him in the Avengers around the time the movie comes out, but he can return to X-Factor once the promotional push is over (i'm trying to be optimistic)
    Oh thank you!

Yeah I really hope that's the case and that they aren't put on the team and being the movie avengers that appear everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    And he left PAD's run before to be in more Avengers-y books, then I fear this will happen again because of the movies and Breevort making the statement he made.
    PAD's comments about not being able to do much with Quicksilver makes it pretty clear that he's there mostly for other character to play off of and there won't be any big character development for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    And that's why I prefer him with X-Factor, if he goes onto any of the Avengers books which already have like 20 Members per book or something he won't do much.
    I'm sure that once the movie's out the main Avengers will once again be the ones that appear in the film and they'll be the main focus so he probably will get a lot of focus in Avengers books then.

Here's what he said:
    "I’m not sure exactly what specifically Peter was talking about, but it may have to do with the fact that I was quite honest when the X-FACTOR editorial team came to speak with me about including Quicksilver in the series—with him appearing in AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON in some manner, I’m going to want him avallable to be back in the AVENGERS titles at around that same time.
    This shows where Marvel's main focus is. Avengers books needs come before anything else and therefore Avengers editors' get the last word about everything. It's understandable given the movies I guess but still unfair to x-fans
    There’s a bit more to it than that, but my guess is that that’s what Peter is referring to—and that isn’t about the movie universe insisting on something, it’s about me not being an idiot and planning for the future."
    Oh, yes it is, that's exactly what it's about and trying to deny it is just silly
    I think that's just hopeful thinking. Once AoU comes around they'll take Pietro off the X-Factor and put him on Avengers for good. Avengers books don't share their characters with x-books unlike x-books have to do with their characters. Given the sales numbers X-Factor might not even be around after Marvel has gotten past the AoU after promo phase, at lest not in it's current form since it'll require relaunch sooner or later.

Yay!!! Cold Water you gotta be happy - you got your appreciation thread. Congrats.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Yay!!! Cold Water you gotta be happy - you got your appreciation thread. Congrats.
    I know!
    I'm so happy!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomppa View Post
    PAD's comments about not being able to do much with Quicksilver makes it pretty clear that he's there mostly for other character to play off of and there won't be any big character development for him.

I'm sure that once the movie's out the main Avengers will once again be the ones that appear in the film and they'll be the main focus so he probably will get a lot of focus in Avengers books then.
    Although it's true that PAD, by the sound of things, doesn't have any huge plans for Quicksilver, I still like him in X-Factor because at least he gets to bring Polaris into the "family fold".
    I don't mind him being back with the Avengers further down the line as long as he's actually relevant to the team. Hopefully the movies will help him get to the A-List (or B+-List ) I just find it weird that Quicksilver is a apparently a "popular" character with the people that make cartoons ands movies, but is not popular amongst comic book writers. I mean compare him with Psylocke who's only had brief cameos in cartoons/ movies, but is a regular in the X-books (not that there's anything wrong with Psylocke)

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Have to say I'm loving PAD's take on Quicksilver. Every word is just right. He's my favourite character in ANXF so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Have to say I'm loving PAD's take on Quicksilver. Every word is just right. He's my favourite character in ANXF so far.
    Awesome!
    More Quicksilver fans!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I'm a sucker for any character who makes me laugh. And he has fine hair.

Although it's true that PAD, by the sound of things, doesn't have any huge plans for Quicksilver, I still like him in X-Factor because at least he gets to bring Polaris into the "family fold".
    I don't mind him being back with the Avengers further down the line as long as he's actually relevant to the team. Hopefully the movies will help him get to the A-List (or B+-List ) I just find it weird that Quicksilver is a apparently a "popular" character with the people that make cartoons ands movies, but is not popular amongst comic book writers. I mean compare him with Psylocke who's only had brief cameos in cartoons/ movies, but is a regular in the X-books (not that there's anything wrong with Psylocke)
    Well he was part of Cap's kooky quartet and they are some of the most important Avengers after the founders so Marvel wanting to adapt them to Avengers in the second film isn't really surprising. And besides Marvel has to get Pietro on the big screen before DC gets their more popular speedster there, just like they got Hawkeye in to the movies before DC got GA

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Given that Wolverine can be in eight million books with no explanation needed, and Pietro is one of the few characters who CAN feasibly be in several places in a manner of seconds, I'm really not sure what Marvel's deal is.

Glad to see a Quicksilver thread. The man is a hero.