Page 21 of 91 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    They were together in Age of X? Now I've got to hunt that series down. Honestly, I think they just pair them up because they both have white hair
    I read the "What if the age of Apocalypse didn't end?" comic where Quicksilver is with Gwen Stacy, and the pairing is so odd that I kinda love it...it's also the only comic I read where Pietro is actually flirting...sort of. Maybe I'll post it later (the art is bad though)
    Which brings me to my next question: does Pietro have a "type"? I feel like he's not terribly picky with women. He married Crystal because she was the only one to shower him with attention (if i remember correctly), and in Avengers Academy, he's totally up for a makeout session with Warbird.

Which Flash is DC bringing to the small screen? Never been a huge fan of Flash (or DC for that matter). He may run faster than Quicksilver but he never struck me as a very interesting character. Not enough angst
    Blah....I meant Age of Apocalypse. Age of X is were Storm was with Namor.

DC is bring Barry Allen to the small screen.

Edit: as for Quicksliver's type.....I really don't know. To me he seems rather picky and only going for the women he deems worthy of his time but it is hard to say for sure since 616 Pietro has been in so few relationships.
    Last edited by Trident; 05-15-2014 at 07:32 PM.

I always wis quicksilver carried a weapon, blades seem like the most reasonable. He can be so deadly
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Except he shouldn't look like he's 65. hahahaha. .
    He looks more like he's late 30's/early 40's to me, which works perfectly for me, tbh.

The reason for Pietro looking old in the art may have something to do with how Larry Stroman drew him (Stroman was the regular artist on the book before Joe Quesada came onboard. Joe Quesada did the art in question).

And Larry Stroman drew Quicksilver looking so old because PAD's original storyline had a mutant named Ricochette messing with Quicksilver's power. Whenever he used it, he aged! They never addressed if Pietro started de-aging once Ricochette was dead, so technically he should still look waaaaay older than he actually is.
    Quicksilver.tk

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    He looks more like he's late 30's/early 40's to me, which works perfectly for me, tbh.

The reason for Pietro looking old in the art may have something to do with how Larry Stroman drew him (Stroman was the regular artist on the book before Joe Quesada came onboard. Joe Quesada did the art in question).

And Larry Stroman drew Quicksilver looking so old because PAD's original storyline had a mutant named Ricochette messing with Quicksilver's power. Whenever he used it, he aged! They never addressed if Pietro started de-aging once Ricochette was dead, so technically he should still look waaaaay older than he actually is.
    No, I understand the aging part there because I remember the explanation from when I read it.
    But the other art where he's talking about turning arrogance into an art form, he looks older than late 30's-40's there. He has wrinkles and bags under his eyes that belong on older men, not men in their late 30's-40's.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I have been reading about an issue a day of Avengers from when Pietro and Wanda first joined.
    I love seeing so much Pietro in a comic. He proved himself useful.
    I like those older books. There is a lot of character building going on in those issues and a certain charm that has been lost in todays comics. As to Pietro....it would be nice if we could get him featured more heavily in a title. I'm not sure how he is being handled in X-Factor but I am very anxious to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    I always wis quicksilver carried a weapon, blades seem like the most reasonable. He can be so deadly
    Quicksilver is pretty good with a sword. During his solo in the 90's he learned how to wield a blade pretty well.

However, I don't really think it's Pietro's style very much. Besides that carrying the thing around would just slow him down.

BANNED

Quicksilver with Nun-Chucks. That would be awesome!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    He could just run by someone at the speed of sound and send them @$$ over teakettle with the sonic backwash. Still, if he wanted to go full on lethal, he could swing by a hardware store and pick up a handful of nails, and release them as he runs by someone at supersonic speed, duplicating the kind of stuff that the Marauder Riptide used to do (hypervelocity death-shrapnel).

Since his super-speed isn't concentrated in his feet, there's also nothing stopping him from just chucking ball bearings or shuriken or marbles at people at the speed of sound. Still, he's *supposed* to be a *super-hero*, not 'Sabertooth what runs fast,' so perhaps it's not entirely appropriate for him to specifically gear up to be more deadly...

Plus, at his speed, it really doesn't matter what he carries on him. He's never more than a few seconds away from being able to grab any weapon he wants anyway.

Unlike DC speedsters, who use 'Speed Force' frictionless force fields to prevent massive shockwaves when they move around, Quicksilver's all mechanical speed, just pushing air out of his way with brute power. He'd pretty much always leave a trail of disruption (and / or destruction), depending on how fast he's going and how much air he's displacing. That's got a ton of offensive potential, and also a ton of limiting potential (he can't just casually grab or clothesline people at super-speed without breaking *someone's* bones anymore than Spider-Man can save a falling Gwen Stacy with a web-shot, 'cause, physics can be unforgiving that way...).

Random thought: I wonder what it would look like if somebody morphed the two movie Quicksilvers' appearances together.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

How does everyone else feel about Quicksilver apparently being the best thing about Days of Future Past according to reviews?

I'm getting pretty stoked for the movie and hope they keep Quicksilver in Apocalypse (hopefully with a new costume).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    How does everyone else feel about Quicksilver apparently being the best thing about Days of Future Past according to reviews?

I'm getting pretty stoked for the movie and hope they keep Quicksilver in Apocalypse (hopefully with a new costume).
    From what I've seen of the trailer his powers and personality look like they're gonna be done really well.
    Bullet time and other high speed special effects are really sell the idea of superspeed.
    (Saw the The Flash TV show trailer the other day, and it's done brilliant on a lower budget)
    The only thing that ever really looked bad about the film version is the choice of costume.
    Which I'm pretty sure everyone will have forgotten about after a few minutes.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post

I'm stoked in that I hope Quicksilver's popularity in the movie translates to more comic book appearances and by extention, we get some resolution to some of plot threads (like how he's estranged from his daughter)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Random thought: I wonder what it would look like if somebody morphed the two movie Quicksilvers' appearances together.
    They probably will. Of the two film versions, I'm more interested in the Avengers: AoU Quicksilver. He's going to make an interesting antagonist.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I see many who don't like how Quicksilver looks in the movie. If you would replace his costume with another one which should it be?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I see many who don't like how Quicksilver looks in the movie. If you would replace his costume with another one which should it be?
    A green Tracksuit like the one Trident Posted back in the first few pages.

Just anything but him dresssing up like he's going to a Disco that just looks unbelievably bad, I don't care about "Intentionally bad" or "It's the 70s" coming off the trails of First Class it shouldn't look like he was in a 2000s X-men movie.

BANNED

Abilities they need to make more use of for Pietro: Cyclones because God Damn wouldn't it be fun?