Page 24 of 91 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    1. Yes, Fox IS full of it, but the issue is: They don't have rights to Scarlet Witch (at least NOT AS Scarlet Witch) because she's considered an Avenger, I believe. We cannot expect that guy to go into all of that.
    2. Even if they portray him differently than in the books (we don't need to really start ranting about that, though, since we've all posted our thoughts on Disco Quicksilver), I really DO hope he becomes more popular due to the x-films because then we'll possibly see more of him in more x-books. Maybe?
    MOAR QUICKSILVER, PLZ, X-FRANCHISE? KTHNX.
    No they have complete rights over Scarlet Witch because she was a Brotherhood member.

My main problem with the film version is aside from my hatred of the hairstyle and costume, it's just well if Marvel Studios are using those characters why the hell would I want to see Inferior versions done by Fox? Especially when they could use characters other studios don't have the rights to such as Nightcrawler and Polaris.

Also isn't it crazy how Quicksilver has suddenly become someone who two studios are fighting over and for the next 2 years he's going to be in Movies 2015 he's in Avengers and 2016 he's in Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    It be nice if Quicksilver could have a prominent role in both the A and X Franchises! But If I had to pick one my personal choice would still be the Avengers. There are just way to many good X-Characters rotated in and out of comic book limbo for me to want Quicksilver to be a sole property of the X.
    I would love that actually, Quicksilver should be in both the X-Franchise and the Avengers because he can literally be on two teams at once no explanation required and because of his friendships with several X-Characters. But I see your point about the X-Franchise too many of my favorites there get shafted just so we can get more Wolverine and Cyclops having a Dick Measuring contest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Also isn't it crazy how Quicksilver has suddenly become someone who two studios are fighting over and for the next 2 years he's going to be in Movies 2015 he's in Avengers and 2016 he's in Apocalypse.
    I suspect it has to do with how visually dynamic super-speed can be.

Wolverine could have said, 'I know of two (John Wraith, Nightcrawler) to six (Ilyanna, Vanisher, Ariel, Pixie) teleporters that could just bop in and spring Magneto in like, two seconds...' but that wouldn't have been nearly as visually cool a scene as Pietro running through the place, and would run the risk of doubling up on / retreading the scenes with Blink.

At least they picked Quicksilver over that super-speedster version of Callisto from the Last Stand. Ugh.

Incredible Member

No they have complete rights over Scarlet Witch because she was a Brotherhood member.

My main problem with the film version is aside from my hatred of the hairstyle and costume, it's just well if Marvel Studios are using those characters why the hell would I want to see Inferior versions done by Fox? Especially when they could use characters other studios don't have the rights to such as Nightcrawler and Polaris.

Yes, it's crazy that Pietro is apparently "popular" with the movie crowd, but barely makes any appearances in the comics...I assume the last two x-men cartoons helped popularize him and his bad case of ADD.

I would love that actually, Quicksilver should be in both the X-Franchise and the Avengers because he can literally be on two teams at once no explanation required and because of his friendships with several X-Characters. But I see your point about the X-Franchise too many of my favorites there get shafted just so we can get more Wolverine and Cyclops having a Dick Measuring contest.
    I too like the idea of him straddling two franchises. On the one side, I like him working alongside humans in the Avengers...it's a very odd thing for him to do considering his history. On the other side, he has more to do when he's with x-factor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Wolverine could have said, 'I know of two (John Wraith, Nightcrawler) to six (Ilyanna, Vanisher, Ariel, Pixie) teleporters that could just bop in and spring Magneto in like, two seconds...' but that wouldn't have been nearly as visually cool a scene as Pietro running through the place, and would run the risk of doubling up on / retreading the scenes with Blink.

At least they picked Quicksilver over that super-speedster version of Callisto from the Last Stand. Ugh.
    Callisto sucked in X3.

I was thinking it could have been Northstar because it would make sense when Wolverine says "I know a guy he'd be a young man now" because they were in Alpha Flight together. It would also be the first Openly Gay Superhero in a movie and you could still do the Speed scenes.

I also think they could have used Azazel and Banshee to do a prison break scene OR go with the original plan of using Juggernaut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    Yes, it's crazy that Pietro is apparently "popular" with the movie crowd, but barely makes any appearances in the comics...I assume the last two x-men cartoons helped popularize him and his bad case of ADD.

I too like the idea of him straddling two franchises. On the one side, I like him working alongside humans in the Avengers...it's a very odd thing for him to do considering his history. On the other side, he has more to do when he's with x-factor.
    That's why I find it odd, Quicksilver is rarely used as a main character yet two studios are making sure he's gonna be in several movies like he's some sort of character that draws a huge crowd. Which you know cool for us because we get loads of Quicksilver I guess.

Well I think Avengers Academy made the best use of Quicksilver he was a teacher and he had a small supporting cast making sure he had a lot to do which is always the problem when he's in Avengers there's too many characters for him to get to do much. Hopefully we get the Thor effect where he isn't altered that much and he gets a solo by a good writer.

Incredible Member

That's why I find it odd, Quicksilver is rarely used as a main character yet two studios are making sure he's gonna be in several movies like he's some sort of character that draws a huge crowd. Which you know cool for us because we get loads of Quicksilver I guess.
    Well, the only mutant who draws huge crowds is Wolverine, everybody else is just second-tier / third-tier :P. But yeah, why use Quicksilver? I guess his power set is simple, visually interesting and unique ( a lot of mutants have "blasting"/ "fighting" powers like iceman, cyclops, storm, sunspot etc, and super-speed is a bit more versatile).But then, they could have used another mutant speedster like Northstar. He's got a pretty similar personality to Pietro ...but maybe the movie studio didn't want to deal with a gay character?

Well I think Avengers Academy made the best use of Quicksilver he was a teacher and he had a small supporting cast making sure he had a lot to do which is always the problem when he's in Avengers there's too many characters for him to get to do much. Hopefully we get the Thor effect where he isn't altered that much and he gets a solo by a good writer.
    fingers crossed he gets a solo. Supporting cast will be finesse, speed, and Luna with cameos from his sisters and father...actually wait, his supporting cast is three kids. That's not good, is it?

Ultimate Member

Well the simplest explanation is that both studios want to use him. QS (and SW as well) are appearing in AOU because Joss Whedon is a fan and wants to use them. I suspect that it's the same thing with Singer in DOFP (and Apocalypse since it's been confirmed that he'll be in that movie as well).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I agree with that. Pietro is not popular with comics writers, but he is still Marvel's most famous speedster, and (if the special effects are good) speed powers look more impressive on film, where you can "see" him running around and doing all these amazing things, than in the comics, where he never seems all that fast. It's sort of like the Road Runner was never popular in comics, but everyone can see how fast he is on the screen.

So if X-Men had a scene that called for a fast guy, they could use someone other than Quicksilver - but if they have the rights to him, why not use Quicksilver? And as for Avengers, Pietro and Wanda are two of the earliest members they haven't used yet (other than Hank and Jan, who are tied up with the Ant-Man movie) and you can't introduce one without the other. So it's not inconceivable that both movies could have independently decided to use him.

The really surprising thing is that Pietro and Wanda weren't introduced in earlier X-Men movies as part of Magneto's Brotherhood. In many other X-Men adaptations, like the cartoons, they're right there with him. It's a huge relief to me that they didn't use them that way in the X-Men films because that would probably have put Marvel off using them in their own movies. As it is, Marvel introduced them first.

BANNED

fingers crossed he gets a solo. Supporting cast will be finesse, speed, and Luna with cameos from his sisters and father...actually wait, his supporting cast is three kids. That's not good, is it?
    Pietro: Marvel's Babysitter! I would say I want Polaris to have a recurring guest role because she gets sidelined quite a bit. I think Speed and Finesse would be great for a Supporting cast and we could have recurring guest appearances from Luna, I think it would be best to create new characters for his supporting cast to give him people to talk to that aren't superheroes as well as the fact that they could be used as a Surrogate for the Audience.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I agree with that. Pietro is not popular with comics writers, but he is still Marvel's most famous speedster, and (if the special effects are good) speed powers look more impressive on film, where you can "see" him running around and doing all these amazing things, than in the comics, where he never seems all that fast. It's sort of like the Road Runner was never popular in comics, but everyone can see how fast he is on the screen.

So if X-Men had a scene that called for a fast guy, they could use someone other than Quicksilver - but if they have the rights to him, why not use Quicksilver? And as for Avengers, Pietro and Wanda are two of the earliest members they haven't used yet (other than Hank and Jan, who are tied up with the Ant-Man movie) and you can't introduce one without the other. So it's not inconceivable that both movies could have independently decided to use him.

The really surprising thing is that Pietro and Wanda weren't introduced in earlier X-Men movies as part of Magneto's Brotherhood. In many other X-Men adaptations, like the cartoons, they're right there with him. It's a huge relief to me that they didn't use them that way in the X-Men films because that would probably have put Marvel off using them in their own movies. As it is, Marvel introduced them first.
    Still doesn't make sense as to why writers don't like him as much or why he never received much of a push in the comics, compared to Flash who gets a huge push from DC in the comics yet Marvel don't seem to want to do that for their most famous speedster. Then again this is the same company that doesn't like to focus on their first hero: Namor despite him being the first ruler of Atlantis.

I actually don't understand why Fox didn't use them earlier either :/ like you said a lot of incarnations make sure to get them as members first, they've never really been in Avengers cartoons together I mean I think Scarlet Witch was in that failed Avengers cartoon but that's about it. To me it's like Marvel suddenly remembered "Oh yeah Pietro and Wanda they exist let's put them in the movie even though we never used them in any Avengers cartoons and made them go crazy in our horrid crossover event!"

Still I think Marvel will make much better use of them on film compared to Fox.

BANNED

The 70s / 80s weren't kind to Pietro. A lot of artists made him emaciated and old, ands sometimes with elf ears. And let's not even talk about his hair antennas...sometimes they look like rabbit ears or devil horns.
    Did you just say...

ELFSILVER2.jpg

What do you think about his designs in animation?

I think he looked best in X-Men Evolution. He was fun.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

He looked okay in TAS.

And in WATXM, his facial design made him look kind of grumpy and older with the lines on his forehead and whatnot.

Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

His costume in Evolution kinda sucked, I like his future costume though.

I like the Wolverine & the X-men design but as you said the lines make him look older than he should be.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post

And in WATXM, his facial design made him look kind of grumpy and older with the lines on his forehead and whatnot.

Here, I fixed his face
    Quicksilver2.jpg
    I too wasn't fond of all the lines they put on his face. I think that since it was a cartoon aimed at kids, they put the wrinkles so he would look more unambiguously "evil"...As you will notice, the bulk of bad guys in american cartoons aren;t terribly attractive. In japanese cartoons however, most bad guys are hot. Go figure.

BANNED

Here, I fixed his face
    Quicksilver2.jpg
    I too wasn't fond of all the lines they put on his face. I think that since it was a cartoon aimed at kids, they put the wrinkles so he would look more unambiguously "evil"...As you will notice, the bulk of bad guys in american cartoons aren;t terribly attractive. In japanese cartoons however, most bad guys are hot. Go figure.
    And that Fix is much appreciated

Well I just think WatXM & Earth's Mightiest Heroes was such a hugely missed opportunity despite being the same continuity the shows never ran alongside each other and didn't have the Maximoff twins joining the Avengers.

You are right about Japanese bad guys in cartoons being hot btw such a strange contrast with American cartoons.