Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Given that Wolverine can be in eight million books with no explanation needed, and Pietro is one of the few characters who CAN feasibly be in several places in a manner of seconds, I'm really not sure what Marvel's deal is.

Glad to see a Quicksilver thread. The man is a hero.
    Because Marvel clearly doesn't want my money, Quicksilver should be on at least both Avengers and X-Factor.

I don't get the logic behind Marvel's decisions, One time I think it was Dan Slott who wanted to use Nightcrawler as a member in his Avengers book yet Fraction and Marvel said no because he was in Uncanny despite him doing nothing there. It's not like if a Teleporter was on two books everyone would be life "Wtf how can he be in 2 books at once?"

I mean sure it will be cool to see Pietro with Wanda again but I prefer him hanging out with Polaris or you know Marvel could make him hang around with Speed a family tie they haven't used to it's potential.

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

I'm so late to this All-New CBR Community event! SOOOOPER stoked that Quicksilver's thread is now in the X-Books forum! Ya ya ya... he was an Avenger forever... and so was his DEAD appreciation thread from the old boards.

So glad to be part of this.
    Quicksilver.tk

QS people, I've got a question:

Has Pietro ever really confronted his failings as a father to Luna? It seems like it should be a really huge deal to him, given his family history (and family present, for that matter), but I don't recall him ever really dealing with it. I know Luna (at least last I knew), is with the Future Foundation, but I missed the agreement there. Basically, it seems like it should be really important to him, but hardly ever gets brought up.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent LeMan View Post

Has Pietro ever really confronted his failings as a father to Luna? It seems like it should be a really huge deal to him, given his family history (and family present, for that matter), but I don't recall him ever really dealing with it. I know Luna (at least last I knew), is with the Future Foundation, but I missed the agreement there. Basically, it seems like it should be really important to him, but hardly ever gets brought up.

Thanks.
    No. Not that I'm aware of. And this is one of the issues most of us QS fans have. He's not written to be forced to confront what has happened.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Came across this pic of Pietro’s First Steps earlier:-

By arger
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    Damn I want that first suit I hope I can buy that somewhere lol.
    LOL! If Marvel ever put that in stores I would be right there in line with you!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post

By arger
    This is awesome! Bhahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Given that Wolverine can be in eight million books with no explanation needed, and Pietro is one of the few characters who CAN feasibly be in several places in a manner of seconds, I'm really not sure what Marvel's deal is.

Glad to see a Quicksilver thread. The man is a hero.
    And a villain. And an Avenger. And a mutant. And a hero, again. And a villain, again. And an absentee father. And a kidnapper of his own daughter while semi-possessed. And a hero, again.

But he is very, very fast, so there's plenty of time for all of that.

If you skip to about 1:15 and watch until about 2:00, you can see two takes that show that Joss and Aaron seem to get the snark and impatience, even without sound:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baQQlZGW6sE

And tell me this doesn't immediately read as Quicksilver:
    elizabeth-olsen-aaron-taylor-johnson-more-action-packed-avengers-2-pics-02.jpg

Incredible Member

If you skip to about 1:15 and watch until about 2:00, you can see two takes that show that Joss and Aaron seem to get the snark and impatience, even without sound:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baQQlZGW6sE

I'm sorry, but I don't immediately see Quicksilver when I see that picture...just the hair...THE HAIR!!!! THAT'S NOT PIETRO'S HAIR!!! (Please forgive my outburst, I've been very obsessed with Pietro's hair since these and Evan Peter's pictures came out)

Does anybody think there will be some sort of promotional push in the comics with the new X-Men movie coming out? Like, is Quicksilver going to play a bigger role in X-Factor or make more cameos? I would really like that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't immediately see Quicksilver when I see that picture...just the hair...THE HAIR!!!! THAT'S NOT PIETRO'S HAIR!!! (Please forgive my outburst, I've been very obsessed with Pietro's hair since these and Evan Peter's pictures came out)

Does anybody think there will be some sort of promotional push in the comics with the new X-Men movie coming out? Like, is Quicksilver going to play a bigger role in X-Factor or make more cameos? I would really like that, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Oh, but I can totally get behind that upper body. OM NOM.

And, oh god, I HOPEHOPEHOPEHOPEHOPE there is some kind of promotional push with the movies coming out that lands Pietro in seriously important places in X-Factor.
    I want him to have some main stories. Some personal stories.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Appretiation for Quicksilver - one of my favorite Avengers and X-Factor members! Here's hoping for some great Pietro stories by PAD in the future!

While I agree that my first mental picture of Quicksilver involves slicked back white hair, I do think, especially when you compare to what we are getting in the X-Men movie, (eugh...) this is pretty good, really. Especially in the clip LeMan showed, where yeah, I think they got the attitude right, and that's the most important thing. I also think that FX will play a large part in how he comes across on screen, and of course that's not on display in these photos... I think the costume is temporary, something he kinda cobbled together, I am guessing he will get a for real one either by the end of this movie, or by the next one he appears in.

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Thanks.
    No he hasn't. (afaik). There is so much QS story potential, and this is why it's so exciting to see him as an important part of a team again. I'm sure PAD's hands are a bit tied when it comes to defining Pietro's current status, but there's probably room to explore a few of his past relationships. Although... Luna is so significant that I wouldn't be surprised if they waited for her to age a bit more and then presented the reunion as a story point to a major cross-over plotline.

Actually, his hair is extremely close to Pietro's hair in X-Factor: The Quick and the Dead:
    Granted, it was Pietro at his absolute lowest point, but maybe that's what Joss is trying to portray.
    Quicksilver.tk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post

By arger
    Very cute ahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    LOL! If Marvel ever put that in stores I would be right there in line with you!
    We'll both just dash to the store if it's ever released!

They're going for one of his casual looks which is fine by me judging from their concept art they will slick his hair back and its way better than him dressing up as Dazzler.

Can't wait to see his second outfit in the movie!

BANNED

Quicksilver and his Nephew Speed a dynamic duo that would be amazing to read. (I'm literally throwing ideas for his solo at you Marvel!)

I LOVE Children's Crusade for its Quicksilver moments.
    And Speed.
    Okay, and Wiccan.
    Screw it, FINE, and Teddy, too, and Magneto.

Just EVERYONE THEN. <3