Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I LOVE Children's Crusade for its Quicksilver moments.
    And Speed.
    Okay, and Wiccan.
    Screw it, FINE, and Teddy, too, and Magneto.

Just EVERYONE THEN. <3
    I love all of the Young Avengers <3 Except for Iron Lad/ Vision/ Whatever I fucking hate that character lol.

Is there any reason as to why Speed wears goggles? I always thought he just had all of Pietro's powers but he was possibly even quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBlueElf View Post
    I love all of the Young Avengers <3 Except for Iron Lad/ Vision/ Whatever I fucking hate that character lol.

Is there any reason as to why Speed wears goggles? I always thought he just had all of Pietro's powers but he was possibly even quicker.
    I don't think any of us know that much about Speed.
    He's probably wearing glasses because it was probably viewed as something the cool kids do.
    I think it's funny, though, that now Pietro wears them in X-Factor.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

I actually really like Speeds costume designs! I would mind seeing Quicksilver leach some of the elements of his suit over to his own costume.

Spectacular Member Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I LOVE Children's Crusade for its Quicksilver moments.
    And Speed.
    Okay, and Wiccan.
    Screw it, FINE, and Teddy, too, and Magneto.

Just EVERYONE THEN. <3
    Were the Rictor moments good? I have been meaning to grab this thing eventually to complete my X-Factor collection (it was sold out when it first was released).

Oh, and since when can Quicksilver vibrate his molecules fast enough to travel through solid objects? I thought only the Flash could do that?
    Quicksilver.tk

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Living Silver View Post
    Oh, and since when can Quicksilver vibrate his molecules fast enough to travel through solid objects? I thought only the Flash could do that?
    Part of Speed's origin was that he made his school explode by vibrating it I think. Then in Children's Crusade they gave Pietro the same power so it wasn't so utterly obvious that he is A LOT slower than his nephew. Basically he got a silent upgrade.

Although I do remember at one point (early Avengers) he learned to fly by moving his arms super fast or something... and apparently he can run so fast he produces a vacuum in the area he circles (???? that one's from Avengers Academy I think)

Anyway I've been really loving him in X-Factor and previously in AA (which I wish they're re-open with a new set of kids), glad to see an appreciation thread for him.

Incredible Member

Were the Rictor moments good? I have been meaning to grab this thing eventually to complete my X-Factor collection (it was sold out when it first was released).

Honestly, not a huge fan of Children's Crusade. I do like the Speed / Quicksilver / Magneto moments, but the main problem with the book is they crammed in way too many characters, which dilutes the whole story. Pietro, for instance, only has a major role in about two issues. The Rictor moment you're interested about, is likewise very quick: he lets the Scarlet Witch repower him because he doesn't want to be dead weight to the team, he gets a hug from Shatterstar and he's gone from the story.
    And yes, Quicksilver (and Speed) have the ability to vibrate through walls in this mini...I hope that power is never referred to again because I think it's stupid. Stupider than Pietro's ability to fly.

The vibrating through walls thing is dumb: do we need to give people more reasons to compare the Flash to Quicksilver (aside from running, they're nothing alike, yet always compared).

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Although I do remember at one point (early Avengers) he learned to fly by moving his arms super fast or something... and apparently he can run so fast he produces a vacuum in the area he circles (???? that one's from Avengers Academy I think)
    Nah, he's been creative air vacuums/cusions for a long time. He does it in PAD's original X-Factor, and when he did it I was under the impression that it was a practiced skill of his.
    Quicksilver.tk

Fantastic Member

The vibrating through walls thing is dumb: do we need to give people more reasons to compare the Flash to Quicksilver (aside from running, they're nothing alike, yet always compared).

Nah, he's been creative air vacuums/cusions for a long time. He does it in PAD's original X-Factor, and when he did it I was under the impression that it was a practiced skill of his.
    Does he? I must have forgotten it I read it so long ago.

Anyway I kind of like the vibrating through walls (and, if he's evil/crazy, people) thing. It gives him a much-needed offensiveness boost. He's kind of helpless against a certain class of enemies who can shrug off a punch (however fast), being able to destabilize their molecular structure or collapse a wall on them or something is a useful skill to have, even if it's dumb. I don't mind of they compare him to the Flash, it's obvious Pietro is vastly superior :P

I wish they'd utelize his powers more effectively in general, he LEARNS really fast, he speaks many languages, etc. You'd think a person who is constantly bored, reads at super-speed and is reasonably intelligent would just naturally pick up a ton of useful skills. Very often he's just used as "runs really fast at target, magically doesn't break their neck while punching them, then fails to evade their normal-speed attack". Very annoying. Ditto with his personality... I remember reading early X-Men and Avengers and Pietro was a SciFi fan, he loved the circus and wanted to become an acrobat, etc... he was a ton more well-put-together as a character back then. But aside from X-Factor (which has been awesome) no one puts any comparable level of effort in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Does he? I must have forgotten it I read it so long ago.

Anyway I kind of like the vibrating through walls (and, if he's evil/crazy, people) thing. It gives him a much-needed offensiveness boost. He's kind of helpless against a certain class of enemies who can shrug off a punch (however fast), being able to destabilize their molecular structure or collapse a wall on them or something is a useful skill to have, even if it's dumb. I don't mind of they compare him to the Flash, it's obvious Pietro is vastly superior :P

I wish they'd utelize his powers more effectively in general, he LEARNS really fast, he speaks many languages, etc. You'd think a person who is constantly bored, reads at super-speed and is reasonably intelligent would just naturally pick up a ton of useful skills. Very often he's just used as "runs really fast at target, magically doesn't break their neck while punching them, then fails to evade their normal-speed attack". Very annoying. Ditto with his personality... I remember reading early X-Men and Avengers and Pietro was a SciFi fan, he loved the circus and wanted to become an acrobat, etc... he was a ton more well-put-together as a character back then. But aside from X-Factor (which has been awesome) no one puts any comparable level of effort in.
    The vacuum thing he's done a few times...in Avengers Academy during Fear Itself I believe, and also in his first (and I guess only ) Spiderman appearance.

I really don't like the vibrating walls because it makes no sense, it's physically impossible. Heck, even Vision shouldn't be able to phase through walls. I know I shouldn't look for realism in superhero comic books, but there are some things that annoy me for some reason, like the idea you can sieve your atoms through solid matter.

I do agree that most writers don't use Quicksilver to his full potential. First of all, why does he have to punch people all the time? A karate kick from him would be devastating. And why can't they outfit him with some sort of weapon? It doesn't have to be a fancy weapon. I like that in his fight against Mr. X, he just picked up a metal rod from the ground and beat him up with it. I also liked what they did with Ultimate Quicksilver in the mini "Ultimate Wolverine", he could throw straws at people and the straw would be like a bullet, killing the person...he also had a knife to skin people with...the violence was over the top in that mini which I didn't like, but it did a good job of showing Pietro's potential offensive power.

IA. His offensive capability never seems to be used to the fullest. He can run faster than a bullet: this means that he can carry something while running and release or throw it with devastating effect.
    Quicksilver.tk

If they wrote Pietro to his fullest potential, he'd be practically invincible. And that's why they don't do it.
    He claims not to be a great fighter, but I fail to see how he couldn't be (if using his powers to the extent to which they can be used).
    He could run in and punch people faster than they could ever have time to react.
    He could avoid being hit by anything, just about.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Just reading Wren's post reminded me of that scene in nineties X-Factor with the piano.

Funny times.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    Just reading Wren's post reminded me of that scene in nineties X-Factor with the piano.

Funny times.

Carry on.

Can he just be a x-man all ready

Incredible Member

tumblr_mhr2keDWpo1rmnv8po1_500.jpg
    I'm going to try attaching a picture, because I couldn't do it in the old boards. This is from this online comic which you can read online. I feel Pietro's characterization is a bit off but whatever. I WOULD like to see more reference of Pietro's awesome dancing in another comic though