Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1355

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Then a few short years later, both QS and SW had lapses and went crazy, attacked various heroes in the MU and blamed being related to Magneto as the cause of their behavior. But by then, Magneto had turned over a new leaf (something the twins had encouraged him to do) and was teaching at Xavier's school and was one of the good guys. Until the crossover event Acts of Vengeance, when he started being a bad guy again, but nowhere near as bad as he was in the 60s.
    Untrue. Quicksilver's behavior was explained away in X-Factor Annual #2 by attributing it to Maximus' mind control. Wanda's behavior in Darker Than Scarlet was excused within the story by attributing it to Immortus' mind control machines and manipulations.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 01-06-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Untrue. Quicksilver's behavior was explained away by attributing it to Maximus' mind control. Wanda's behavior in Darker Than Scarlet was excused within the story by attributing it to Immortus' mind control machines and manipulations.
    When did they say QS was under Maximus' influence? I haven't heard of this.

Wanda said before she went dark, that Pietro's behavior was like a curse of Magneto's blood. When she finally did go bad she said she had embraced that part of her. Granted Wanda had a series of unfortunate events happen to her in rapid succession (Bryne taking a sledgehammer to all of Wanda's development for the past years at the time) and Immortus being revealed to be the man behind the curtain. But I think Wanda really believes she's cursed by being related to Magneto.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The reveal happened in Vision and the Scarlet Witch Volume 1 #4. The flashback in Avengers #234 then shows Wanda and Pietro rejecting his parentage. Wanda and Pietro considered Magneto a cruel boss who abused them and made them work for him.
    Thanks!

10char

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

So it seems Pietro is going to survive the Red Skull (again!), and be part of the underground resistance during Secret Empire. Reading the interview the writers gave the other day, I found it interesting that he was referred to an 'ex-man' (sic). I assume that was just an error not picked up on, and meant to be written as 'X-Men'.

This leads to me to wonder if that is something the public and even some writers think of him as being more fitting in with the X-Men than the Avengers. Even despite the retcon of his mutant heritage, which I have found is being largely ignored except as being pointed to an example of executive meddling. Maybe the Fox films have something to do with that perception.

But back to Secret Empire. I hope they show him as more than snappy one liners, or continue trying to copy paste Johnny Storm's personality onto him. I liked most of UA, but that part was grating, even if it was nice to see him get a few compliments. I also like they are going to have him as part of the effort to take down HYDRA, maybe even have a part to play in the concluding fight when SE finishes ( my wishful thinking of course).

Yes, I remember a long time ago that it was stated as Maximus mind controlling Pietro.

I think it was back at the time when they just discovered that Maximus did have powers, subtle manipulative emotion control. They did not think of him as the culprit because they used to say he had no powers.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-14-2017 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by znop View Post
    it's possible that cerebro and the sentinels conspired together and had the twins infiltrate the mutant population in order sully the "x-gene" pool...
    Lol! Lol! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    So it seems Pietro is going to survive the Red Skull (again!), and be part of the underground resistance during Secret Empire. Reading the interview the writers gave the other day, I found it interesting that he was referred to an 'ex-man' (sic). I assume that was just an error not picked up on, and meant to be written as 'X-Men'.

This leads to me to wonder if that is something the public and even some writers think of him as being more fitting in with the X-Men than the Avengers. Even despite the retcon of his mutant heritage, which I have found is being largely ignored except as being pointed to an example of executive meddling. Maybe the Fox films have something to do with that perception.

But back to Secret Empire. I hope they show him as more than snappy one liners, or continue trying to copy paste Johnny Storm's personality onto him. I liked most of UA, but that part was grating, even if it was nice to see him get a few compliments. I also like they are going to have him as part of the effort to take down HYDRA, maybe even have a part to play in the concluding fight when SE finishes ( my wishful thinking of course).
    It will be interesting to see how they entwine UA and Secret Empire. Pietro is out of UA as of #23, after Synapse "helps" him (and maybe discovers how he feels towards her), but I can't help but feel that both he and Wanda will be back on an Avengers team soon, be it UA or the main book.

art by Maesawa

art by of13omens

Evan Peters in Dark Phoenix

American Horror Story page Facebook and Twitter notice Yes is in Dark Phoenix

https://twitter.com/AHSVIP/status/875329255890186240

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they entwine UA and Secret Empire. Pietro is out of UA as of #23, after Synapse "helps" him (and maybe discovers how he feels towards her), but I can't help but feel that both he and Wanda will be back on an Avengers team soon, be it UA or the main book.
    He was in UA 24. There is explanation.
    He tried to help him but Tony called him to Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Evan Peters in Dark Phoenix

American Horror Story page Facebook and Twitter notice Yes is in Dark Phoenix

https://twitter.com/AHSVIP/status/875329255890186240
    Over on the DP movie thread, they said Quicksilver (Evan Peter's) is not in the movie.

What is up with comic Pietro these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Over on the DP movie thread, they said Quicksilver (Evan Peter's) is not in the movie.

What is up with comic Pietro these days?
    Ok But American Horror Story Instagram page and Twitter Notice Is in The Movie Today; True or False I donīt Know

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Ok But American Horror Story Instagram page and Twitter Notice Is in The Movie Today; True or False I donīt Know
    Not disagreeing with you, Juan. I just wanted to state what others were saying over there. They argue A LOT over there.

I always thought Quickie would be in DP because he said he was sticking around in Apocalypse movie. I Hope he is in it and they don't cut him out!

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I hope you're right, Juan. I know the movie should rightfully be about Jean, but I need my fix of cinematic QS, especially with that dangling plotline from the last two movies. Becoming part of the X-Men proper, making friends with Storm and the others.

Also, it will help me get through another possible 'Pietro is a traitor for Wanda' storyline again.